General Chat

Ravogd

55 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Isn't it genetic?  All swedes can say Hurdy Gurdy and put together furniture.

I heard that you get stripped of your citizenship and kicked out if you can't.

Also they know all the words to every Abba song and love nothing more than paying tax.

• Like 1

"Hey Bjorn, what do you fancy for dinner today? Pickled herring with meatballs on the side?"

"No Bjorn, we had that yesterday. And the day before. Ooh, how about we have some meatballs with pickled herring on the side instead?"

"Ooh, that sounds wonderful Bjorn, and don't forget the gravlaxsas."

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Raylenth said:

Isn't it genetic?  All swedes can say Hurdy Gurdy and put together furniture.

I heard that you get stripped of your citizenship and kicked out if you can't.

Hurdy Gurdy is canadian mind you, and put furniture together is only a general worldwide pain in the a**. :poki:

1 hour ago, natedammit said:

Also they know all the words to every Abba song and love nothing more than paying tax.

I only know a word or two by Abba, but met three of them. Tax yes.. 33% income tax and 25% VAT. 

35 minutes ago, natedammit said:

"Hey Bjorn, what do you fancy for dinner today? Pickled herring with meatballs on the side?"

"No Bjorn, we had that yesterday. And the day before. Ooh, how about we have some meatballs with pickled herring on the side instead?"

"Ooh, that sounds wonderful Bjorn, and don't forget the gravlaxsas."

You forgot pizza, tacos and sushi. :P

Of what you listed I only eat meatballs. Cant stand the rest, especially picked herring but that is mostly eaten up north..weird ppl there. Weird food and homebrew. :huh:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chris1970 said:

I only know a word or two by Abba,

You only need to know a few: Ring, Ring; Money Money Money; Gimme Gimme Gimme; I Do, I Do, I Do, I Do, I Do, I Do, I Do, I Do, I Do, I Do, I Do, I Do, I Do, I Do, I Do, I Do.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Wrong Name said:

According to the film that is from (Midsommar), they are Swedish.

I can tell you straight away they do not wear traditional clothes from here, more slavic. My guess Polish.

13243005-beautiful-girl-in-ukrainian-pol

The following one is general what they look like here (probably taken during midsummer). 

elderly-couples-in-traditional-swedish-f

1 hour ago, Chris1970 said:

I can tell you straight away they do not wear traditional clothes from here, more slavic. My guess Polish.

13243005-beautiful-girl-in-ukrainian-pol

The following one is general what they look like here (probably taken during midsummer). 

elderly-couples-in-traditional-swedish-f

I'm guessing (actually, I'm really really hoping) that there's a lot of things in that film that you don't actually do in Sweden!