General Chat

Ravogd

9 hours ago, natedammit said:

Ok, so let's work down the list of the greatest Canadian musical acts of all time:

1: Tegan & Sara

2: Avril Lavigne

3: Lights

4: Michael Buble

5: Grimes

6: Feist

7: Carly Rae Jepsen

It's steeply downhill after these, so is it any of them?

I'm genuinely upset that I've only just realised I left Coeur de pirate off of this list. She should be in second place. Stupid, stupid bear.

• Like 1

Its typical I normally do the Saturday but due to other commitments I am going Sunday and all the guests I want to meet so far are Saturday only lol

Guests I have met. Danny Glover, Michelle Ryan, Richard Hammond, John Wesley Shipp, Kenny Johnson, Kristanna Loken, Iain Glenn, Jes Macallen, Tala Ashe, Robert Englund, Emma Lahana, Gail Kim, Arthur Darvill, Brandon Routh, Iwan Rheon, John Ratzenberger, Natalia Tena, Laura Vandervoort, Finn Jones, Faye Marsay, Davina McCall

Edited by wayno1972

On 9/10/2019 at 8:47 AM, Chris1970 said:

Nope. Hopefully before the end of the week I can relax. This is big big dream auto for me, maybe not for everybody but for me this is very top three. So to speak. ^_^

I'm going to take a complete wild stab in the dark and guess it's some brunette and she's wearing a red top?

1 minute ago, Chris1970 said:

Seriously @Raylenth .. I dont expect anyone to know who it is but this is/was my ultimate signing as I have tried for 30 years, even missed out twice at concerts since 1994. Been a fan since 1989. But shame on the one that give up. Now I can retire. :lol:

I'm glad you got it, there's probably nothing quite like getting your white whale for an auto collector.  I have no idea who it is.  Google helpfully identified the image as 'girl'.  Thanks Google.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

I'm glad you got it, there's probably nothing quite like getting your white whale for an auto collector.  I have no idea who it is.  Google helpfully identified the image as 'girl'.  Thanks Google.

Canadian musician Sarah McLachlan.

Yes, this was my Moby Dick of signings. I am so extremly happy, thank you.

Edited by Chris1970
  • Like 7

15 hours ago, Chris1970 said:

Canadian musician Sarah McLachlan.

Yes, this was my Moby Dick of signings. I am so extremly happy, thank you.

Oh I love Sarah McLachlan, she has such a hauntingly beautiful singing voice, really happy for you! :)

• Thanks 1

Well, here it is. And @R4wly97 ... Yes, Toy Story, true. :lol: Thank You @Broo Yes, this is the really big one for me. Been a fan since 1989. Ok, I did not get it in person but I have met her twice at concerts back in 1994 and 2004 but missed out on getting something signed, at least got a moment to exchange words. She isnt so big on signing things but it happens. Took me a bit over a month to get it. Now I am planning to hopefully see her live again next year, probably in Canada.

EERbj7pXUAAMr1e?format=jpg&name=4096x409

• Like 7