General Chat

Ravogd

1 minute ago, Raylenth said:

He would work, if you can have Bradley as 1, then Shearsmith could be 2.  Then I'd only need a substitute for Pertwee, I do have him but I'd need an alternative on my Mr Mens :lol:

Perhaps a good alternative for Pertwee would be Tim Treloar, the man who does of the voice of the Third Doctor for Big Finish? 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

Perhaps a good alternative for Pertwee would be Tim Treloar, the man who does of the voice of the Third Doctor for Big Finish? 

Pertwee's Mr Men will forever remain unsigned I think, the same as 2 as I've never seen Shearsmith announced for an event.

Hello my favourite comic-con friends! ^_^ After abit of pushing, and so, from a good friend I am coming to LCC Spring, booked three photo ops and weekend ticket today. So I will be celebrating my BIG birthday with you, not on the very exact day but not far after it. That is the way I want it. One reason I was given that if you want to do something positive, fun and something you want and love to do .. then why not do it? And this is the best. :wub: And next year I feel I need it more than ever.

Second.. My interview with the magazine went very well, it is not easy to explain a comic-con in 30 minutes but I think I got as much as possible, and they have several of my photos and scannings of my autos. I especially pushed for SM and their events. So maybe I can convince one or two more who wants to go. I explained that a major part of the comic-con experience is all the other who love doing the same thing, those you meet online and eventually in real at any event. I have no idea yet when it will be published but I will put up a photo of it here when it is out.

Have a lovely weekend all of you. ^_^

• Like 7

1 hour ago, WilfMott said:

I have photos with doctors 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, War, 9, 10, 11, 12 and 13. I also met David Bradley a couple of years ago. 

I’m really proud of the fact that I’ve met all living doctors!

I forget John Hurt.  Didn't get him either.

• Like 1

• Moderators
On 8/31/2019 at 11:35 AM, WilfMott said:

I have photos with doctors 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, War, 9, 10, 11, 12 and 13. I also met David Bradley a couple of years ago. 

I’m really proud of the fact that I’ve met all living doctors!

I have photos with 4 to 13 + Bradley, including War

Autos with 4 to 12, including War

Think I'm doing pretty well overall.

Edited by etmuse
  • Like 6

On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 7:54 AM, The Friendly Dalek said:

I agree with you there, but as much as I dislike the companions themselves, I'm sure Tosin is a great guy and a good actor, but has been let down by the scripts. Personally I'd prefer to get him now and see him give a great performance in series 12, rather than miss him this time and regret not getting him, if that makes sense. Also I'm trying to expand my Doctor Who collection at every opportunity so getting a modern era companion (which I currently have very few of) would be a great addition. 

Strange - for me I would say its Jodie that is being let down by the scripts - the three companions are excellent particularly Bradley Walsh.

Jodie had three good stories - the rest were not so good. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Raylenth said:

He would work, if you can have Bradley as 1, then Shearsmith could be 2.  Then I'd only need a substitute for Pertwee, I do have him but I'd need an alternative on my Mr Mens :lol:

If you do go Bradley and Shearsmith then the logical Pertwee alternative would be Mark Gatiss as even though he obvious wasn't in Time and Relative Dimensions like all good fanboys he couldn't resist the chance to recreate the famous Three Doctors photoshoot and got made up as the 3rd Doctor to recreate it. 

2b2770fc7419815a453cf10829cf6729

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Ravogd said:

If you do go Bradley and Shearsmith then the logical Pertwee alternative would be Mark Gatiss as even though he obvious wasn't in Time and Relative Dimensions like all good fanboys he couldn't resist the chance to recreate the famous Three Doctors photoshoot and got made up as the 3rd Doctor to recreate it. 

2b2770fc7419815a453cf10829cf6729

I think that would be pushing the definition a bit :D

23 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

Doesnt matter.. you actually made me check how many I have. I have been given, sent and asked for a few over the years so lost track. Over the passed 15 years.

Yeah it’s nice to look at them all again brings back memories ^_^

22 minutes ago, R4wly97 said:

Yeah it’s nice to look at them all again brings back memories ^_^

So true. They are special to me, well..so are the others as well of course, but these ones are more. Well, you know what I mean. ^_^ Some of them are one of a kind. I use two of them as background on my phone. :D

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

So true. They are special to me, well..so are the others as well of course, but these ones are more. Well, you know what I mean. ^_^ Some of them are one of a kind. I use two of them as background on my phone. :D

Yeah I know what you mean out of all the five autographs, the most special to me is the one I’ve got from Peter in person, it’s a completely different experience and in a way surreal moment watching them sign something special in front of you :wub:

Edited by R4wly97
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, R4wly97 said:

Yeah I know what you mean out of all the five autographs, the most special to me is the one I’ve got from Peter in person, it’s a completely different and in a way surreal moment watching them sign something special in front of you :wub:

Yes, always is and always will. ^_^

• Like 1