Glasgow 2019 Schedule

Heavy Knickers that the Christopher Lambert Green Screen is the last photo shoot of the day... for some reason I mistakenly figured it would be tagged on the end of the standard blue screen one. Looks like I've got an uncomfortably lonnnnnnnng day ahead of me if I want an autograph as well. -_-

3 minutes ago, DA_PAUL said:

How do autographs work? It only says Christopher Lambert main stage and photo times-is main stage meaning talk time?

Yes, 'main stage' is his talk/Q&A. He will be signing the whole day when he is not away for the talk, photo shoots or lunch.

Edited by BasG

4 hours ago, DA_PAUL said:

How do autographs work? It only says Christopher Lambert main stage and photo times-is main stage meaning talk time?

He will almost certainly be on the VQ system though so don’t expect to just walk up and get an autograph. When you get to his queue you will be given a ticket with a number on it. There will be a board beside his queue displaying what numbers are allowed to join the queue 1-20, 1-30 then 1-50 or whatever. You can join the queue anytime after your number is called.

9 minutes ago, DA_PAUL said:

Final question for me-do you buy an autograph ticket in advance or pay at actual desk where person signs?

If I buy a ticket and don’t get an autograph due to too many people or whatever do u get a refund?

You can only pre-buy autos through the diamond pass (of which I believe only Christopher Lambert has one) and that guarantees you the auto. Otherwise you can only by autos at the show.

36 minutes ago, DA_PAUL said:

Final question for me-do you buy an autograph ticket in advance or pay at actual desk where person signs?

If I buy a ticket and don’t get an autograph due to too many people or whatever do u get a refund?

Outside of the Diamond pass, you don't pay until you are in the auto queue, either in front of the guests for the smaller names, or at the 8x10 desk halfway down (if they have that set up) for the big names, so once you are at that point you will get your auto -unless something disastrous happens.

Edited by Raylenth

19 hours ago, showmasters said:

Please note: the above Schedule has been updated at 10.30pm - 15th August.

That’s great but having bought my ticket for Christopher Lamberts talk before I knew of the changes, I now find I have photoshoot clashes which means I can’t now go.   Can I get a refund for this ?

1 minute ago, enrohm1963 said:

That’s great but having bought my ticket for Christopher Lamberts talk before I knew of the changes, I now find I have photoshoot clashes which means I can’t now go.   Can I get a refund for this ?

If it is between a paid talk and a paid photoshoot then usually you can get a refund for one of them. Your best bet would be to contact the sales desk at the event tomorrow.

I know there will be a reason but I do find it strange that the one paid talk has been scheduled against a total of 7 photoshoots. There's going to be more than enrohm with clashes. I was going to buy John Levene and Sarah Sutton photos but can't now. There is all day to put the shoots on but they are all squeezed in in the afternoon. Seems like a crazy business decision to me.

Edited by Ravogd

10 minutes ago, Ravogd said:

I know there will be a reason but I do find it strange that the one paid talk has been scheduled against a total of 7 photoshoots. There's going to be more than enrohm with clashes. I was going to buy John Levene and Sarah Sutton photos but can't now. There is all day to put the shoots on but they are all squeezed in in the afternoon. Seems like a crazy business decision to me.

Having now had time to consider the changes I now find I will no longer be able to attend either the Game of Thrones talk, Christopher Lambert talk or Allo Allo (which was doubtful anyway due to clashes with other photo shoots).  I just don’t get why a schedule is published earlier in the week allowing people to plan accordingly only for it to change the day before.  I am still looking forward to meeting everyone but this has tarnished the event for me now.

43 minutes ago, enrohm1963 said:

Having now had time to consider the changes I now find I will no longer be able to attend either the Game of Thrones talk, Christopher Lambert talk or Allo Allo (which was doubtful anyway due to clashes with other photo shoots).  I just don’t get why a schedule is published earlier in the week allowing people to plan accordingly only for it to change the day before.  I am still looking forward to meeting everyone but this has tarnished the event for me now.

I don’t have a problem with them changing the schedule. This happens all the time and they do warn you that it could change at any time. It should be used to plan but you always need to be aware of this. It can change for any number of reasons, guests needing to leave early/arrive late for example. There’s nothing they can do. The talks usually clash with photo shoots but they are normally free talks and that’s just the way it goes. The point I was making was that they have all day to fit in all the photo shoots and the one paid talk that (let’s face it) most of the attendees coming to meet guests will be going to, gets scheduled against about 65% of the other guests photoshoots. Quite often at bigger shows there will be many clashes of paid talks and shoots, it’s inevitable. It’s just that here it could quite easily be avoided.

You can still do the talks you’ll just need to leave for 10 mins or so to get your shoots. Most shoots in Glasgow are over in a few minutes and the photoshoot is close to the talk area so you can just come back in when your shoot is done

Edited by Ravogd

10 minutes ago, Ravogd said:

I don’t have a problem with them changing the schedule. This happens all the time and they do warn you that it could change at any time. It should be used to plan but you always need to be aware of this. It can change for any number of reasons, guests needing to leave early/arrive late for example. There’s nothing they can do. The talks usually clash with photo shoots but they are normally free talks and that’s just the way it goes. The point I was making was that they have all day to fit in all the photo shoots and the one paid talk that (let’s face it) most of the attendees coming to meet guests will be going to, gets scheduled against about 65% of the other guests photoshoots. Quite often at bigger shows there will be many clashes of paid talks and shoots, it’s inevitable. It’s just that here it could quite easily be avoided.

You can still do the talks you’ll just need to leave for 10 mins or so to get your shoots. Most shoots in Glasgow are over in a few minutes and the photoshoot is close to the talk area so you can just come back in when your shoot is done

I get all you say as I am well aware of how these events work.  It’s just frustrating as you say that this talk had no clash and then suddenly it does.  I’ll make the most of my time at the event but it was all working out so much better before the changes.