App Update :(

Raylenth

App UPDATE , We were quite happy with the launch of our APP this year , its a good start and we plan to keep on importing it as we go along , do keep it on your phone as we plan to give away lots of cool free goodies between the shows and we will also start to release more info of offers and even start to do some guest announce on the APP from time to time so support our new APP and you will win chances to win amazing things including cinema tickets and even film premier tickets as well as the chance to meet guests one on one in privet meet and greets so if you have not downloaded the App do so today and stay in touch and win amazing prizes over the coming months.

Available on Android & iOS

http://AppStore.com/showmastersevents

https://play.google.com/…/a…/detailsid=com.ShowmastersEvents

I'm sad about it as personally I hate having my phone connected to the internet all the time as I loathe the constant pings from notifications (and no I can't turn the sounds off for reasons) so don't want to be connected all the time in case of an alert and the fact that the notifications aren't working anyway for so many people, me included.

Given that the internet can barely cope with big announcements I worry that doing them through the app will mean crashes and frustration. 

Ahh well, I'm just being grumpy, but I know not every one is on facebook so wanted to share the news.

Edited by Raylenth

2 hours ago, Raylenth said:

App UPDATE , We were quite happy with the launch of our APP this year , its a good start and we plan to keep on importing it as we go along , do keep it on your phone as we plan to give away lots of cool free goodies between the shows and we will also start to release more info of offers and even start to do some guest announce on the APP from time to time so support our new APP and you will win chances to win amazing things including cinema tickets and even film premier tickets as well as the chance to meet guests one on one in privet meet and greets so if you have not downloaded the App do so today and stay in touch and win amazing prizes over the coming months.

Available on Android & iOS

http://AppStore.com/showmastersevents

https://play.google.com/…/a…/detailsid=com.ShowmastersEvents

I'm sad about it as personally I hate having my phone connected to the internet all the time as I loathe the constant pings from notifications (and no I can't turn the sounds off for reasons) so don't want to be connected all the time in case of an alert and the fact that the notifications aren't working anyway for so many people, me included.

Given that the internet can barely cope with big announcements I worry that doing them through the app will mean crashes and frustration. 

Ahh well, I'm just being grumpy, but I know not every one is on facebook so wanted to share the news.

Why do you need to have your phone connected all the time because of the app? Surely you can just check the app every now and then. It’s not like you’ll miss anything by doing that. All they are asking is that people don’t delete it and then not install it again until next year. 

3 minutes ago, Ravogd said:

Why do you need to have your phone connected all the time because of the app? Surely you can just check the app every now and then. It’s not like you’ll miss anything by doing that. All they are asking is that people don’t delete it and then not install it again until next year. 

Well, it would mean checking quite frequently for comps, news and stuff unless they tell us one's coming.  I presume they would still announce on social media that a guest announcement is incoming via the app.

I'm sure it'll all be fine.

11 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Well, it would mean checking quite frequently for comps, news and stuff unless they tell us one's coming.  I presume they would still announce on social media that a guest announcement is incoming via the app.

I'm sure it'll all be fine.

No, it will not be fine, it's a disaster.

It's kind of similar to people who don't use Facebook and complain when announcements are made there but not on here.

14 minutes ago, natedammit said:

No, it will not be fine, it's a disaster.

It's kind of similar to people who don't use Facebook and complain when announcements are made there but not on here.

Shut it.  I'm old and don't like newfangled things.