Beckett Authentication

homerj

The original post from 2018 says it's a show price of £8, but that may only be for solo auto's as I know from their website they charge different prices for doing multi signed items and that price is based on the price of the most expensive person you have on the item.

I used them at the con, there was a special £8 price on people that signed at the show anyone else was individually priced (I believe you can search their database on their site).

If you are getting a multi piece signed it is a bit more complex and works out by how many you have on it I believe.

About the sticker they usually ask where you want it as for example on posters some people prefer on the back than the front however just specify when speaking to them to make sure.

I personally think SM should provide this service free of charge, after all we’re paying for entry and for the signings, seems a bit of a cheek to then have to pay out to have it “authenticated” at the same show.

I’m not saying SM should use Beckett, after all they are their own company, but even if they set up their own authentication service at the shows and provided this gratis with the autographs then I’m sure they'd quickly establish themselves as a market leader as their service and reputation would be beyond reproach. They could make additional money by charging to validate/authenticate autographs signed outside the shows.

i remember when Diana Rigg signed at LFCC a few years back, SM had a trading card that they themselves authenticated. Something like this...

20 hours ago, Diabolik said:

I personally think SM should provide this service free of charge, after all we’re paying for entry and for the signings, seems a bit of a cheek to then have to pay out to have it “authenticated” at the same show.

I’m not saying SM should use Beckett, after all they are their own company, but even if they set up their own authentication service at the shows and provided this gratis with the autographs then I’m sure they'd quickly establish themselves as a market leader as their service and reputation would be beyond reproach. They could make additional money by charging to validate/authenticate autographs signed outside the shows.

i remember when Diana Rigg signed at LFCC a few years back, SM had a trading card that they themselves authenticated. Something like this...

I would think that any authentication service is only beneficial if you plan on selling your autographs. For me, it is all about meeting the guests and my memory of the day. I wouldn't need validation in this way. So as QS said this is a service that would need costs covered, resulting in pricing being increased elsewhere. Having seen how few people were using Beckett at collectormania last year while I queued for guests, I can't see the demand being there. Even if it was free I doubt there would be a tremendous increase in demand for the service. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, homerj said:

So what is the benefit of having them authenticate something? Most of mine are from reputable dealers with COAs bought at Showmasters events or Ive been there in person.

You were given your answer above. If you plan on selling it. I don’t care about my in person autographs being authenticated as like everyone says, I know it’s real but on the rare occasion I have bought one I always like to check the authentication. That’s the only use for it really. It’s proof.