Big announcement for Spring at 7pm Wednesday 14th

Raylenth

9 minutes ago, mr.fids said:

Spring?..what about winter?

What about it?  A Spring announcement doesn't mean there won't be any for Winter, it just may be that a guest has come back and said they can only do Spring, so there's no point sitting on it for months to announce until the Winter event has been done.

Why's everyone hung up on Winter?  I'm genuinely asking if I'm missing something?  Yes Winter is first and only has a couple of names so far, but it's still 3 months away so plenty of time to get people announced.

If the guest who's being announced tomorrow can only do Spring, do people genuinely expect SM to tell them that they can't book them until after Winter, or book them and hold off on the announcement?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Why's everyone hung up on Winter?  I'm genuinely asking if I'm missing something?  Yes Winter is first and only has a couple of names so far, but it's still 3 months away so plenty of time to get people announced.

If the guest who's being announced tomorrow can only do Spring, do people genuinely expect SM to tell them that they can't book them until after Winter, or book them and hold off on the announcement?

With you on this. Guests need to be announced for whichever dates they are available. I suspect there will be announcements for July LFCC before we have even had the winter event. Personally I don't mind who they announce* and for which event. If I like I buy. If not I will happily wait until the next announcements. 

*Peter Capaldi :whistling:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Raylenth said:

Because winter is coming ^_^

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Raylenth said:

Rational guess, so people can decide in time if it’s worth spending the travel and accommodation money to attend the Winter event while they are both potentially cheaper now than closer to the time.

6 hours ago, Mayhem said:

Rational guess, so people can decide in time if it’s worth spending the travel and accommodation money to attend the Winter event while they are both potentially cheaper now than closer to the time.

I get that, but it's one guest announcement and the way people are reacting, on Facebook as well, it's as if this one Spring announcement means they have abandoned all other events and no other guests will be announced at all.

They have always announced guests for different events in the run up to a specific show, and this is no different.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

I get that, but it's one guest announcement and the way people are reacting, on Facebook as well, it's as if this one Spring announcement means they have abandoned all other events and no other guests will be announced at all.

They have always announced guests for different events in the run up to a specific show, and this is no different.

Completely irrational personal guess: Maybe that "legend" Jason mentioned - the one the summer date didn't work out for in the end - is only available at the Spring date? Of Course then it makes more than sense to announce them immediately.

We've had the regional Show attendees complaining that their local Events are being overlooked in favor of LFCC since day 1, but this is a whole new Level Right now.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Queen_Sindel said:

Completely irrational personal guess: Maybe that "legend" Jason mentioned - the one the summer date didn't work out for in the end - is only available at the Spring date? Of Course then it makes more than sense to announce them immediately.

That thought crossed my mind as well :laugh: