A Great Way For A ‘Carer’ or Friend To Experience Comic Con

NEC Birmingham, has plenty of room if you’re in a wheelchair, it isn’t crowded with fans either. 

Collectmania is a great introduction to Comic Con. Not as busy as London, so you can easily adjust yourself to the etiquette of the Con and experience the enjoyment of it. The guests appear calmer which leads to quality engagements with them. 

There was just one problem, only one disabled toilet was available for use in the exhibition hall, even though there are two.

Check out my experience here of Collectmania.

https://redshirtsid.simdif.com/page-569588.html

3 hours ago, Sid said:

NEC Birmingham, has plenty of room if you’re in a wheelchair, it isn’t crowded with fans either. 

Collectmania is a great introduction to Comic Con. Not as busy as London, so you can easily adjust yourself to the etiquette of the Con and experience the enjoyment of it. The guests appear calmer which leads to quality engagements with them. 

There was just one problem, only one disabled toilet was available for use in the exhibition hall, even though there are two.

Check out my experience here of Collectmania.

https://redshirtsid.simdif.com/page-569588.html

That’s a shame that only one disabled toilet was available in the hall. For every event we’ve been at there it’s usually 2. There are however 4 disabled toilets very close to the hall in the Piazza. My partner has used these many times without any issue and finds the facilities better than at a lot of other venues.

I'm glad you had fun. Lots of great photos in your report. 

I'll point your experience out to the office. If you got a minute, maybe you can drop the venue a line directly too. Those facilities are normally handled by them alone. It's always better if the attendee contacts them directly than the organiser mentioning it.

I sent NEC Birmingham an email after last year’s (2018} DST, where there was the same situation with the disabled toilets.

I just had a standard apology reply and found the situation unchanged at this year’s Collectmania.