Thoughts on this weekend

So first off just wanna say that this weekend didn't really cost us much as received our weekend tickets and accomadation as last year's Xmas present off a member of our family. It was our first time attending Sheffields con, previously attended Showmasters LFCC and DST events but knew from what previous attendees had said it'd be a much smaller convention so knew that before going. Had planned on meeting Alice Kreig before she cancelled which ofcourse I know isn't the organisers fault so wasn't too disappointed especially with this weekend being a bonus with it being a gift in terms of the cons we've attended this year. Must admit we were disappointed however at how small it was, now as I said I knew it'd be smaller before we went but was still quite shocked when we arrived as we was in and out within 30mins when we usually spend full days even weekends at other events. It's a shame as feel with its location not only in terms of where the city is located in England but it's distance from the train station it could be alot bigger than what it is. On the upside staff were nice and some of the younger people in cosplay were making there own fun with a conga line on the floor which you couldbt help but smile at but for someone such as myself who attends these primarily for the guests and secondly vendors not sure if it'll be one we attend again, certainly not for a weekend atleast unless it's expanded in terms of the guests that you have attending and the amount of vendors you manage to secure, many of which were selling funko pops. Also where's the fudge vendors ? I've come accustomed to having fudge at a con lol

Edited by BenUK1989

I attended both Saturday and Sunday to meet Angela Bruce, Sylvester McCoy and Frazer Hines, all were lovely and chatty.  I was in for 1/2 an hour on Saturday and 10 minutes on Sunday. Sadly this event seems tired and forgotten by Showmasters... Like people have said this event could be great. For the amount of guests who attend and the lack of stalls I think the cost of entry is overpriced. Hopefully things can improve next year.  

Edited by dalekkyle