David Naughton Appreciation

I really want to say a massive thank you to David, who being the last autograph that I wanted to get on Friday, went above and beyond.

I'd come from the late-running William Shatner captain's chair shoot very late in the day, and David had already packed up but was by his desk chatting.

I started talking to him and it quickly came up that I'd not gotten around to getting him to sign my AWIL steelbook, to which, without hesitation, he said he would sign then and there.

It really made my weekend, what a kind and lovely man he is! 

Thank you, David!

• Like 2

Yes he's a nice guy, I met him late morning on Friday I think, he was certainly busy for most of that day.  What I hadn't realised was that he had a #5 US hit single with the theme from his short-lived TV show 'Makin' It'!  Should have done my homework and asked him about his short-lived pop career rather than asking the usual American Werewolf questions...

• Like 1

He really was lovely and honestly seeing that he seemed to have a perpetually long queue made me happy - guests seeing that they're appreciated and have a lot of fans excited to meet them is always wonderful :) he was very chatty (but laid-back with it if that makes sense?), he suggested which pen colour to use so seemed like he cared and wanted to get signing right, he asked about my accent (I get asked this a lot since it's a weird one, it's a nice conversational starter point though :) ) which then revealed that he and my dad are from the same area in the US which was cool. He also was fun in photo ops, was happy to do various werewolf-type poses for folks' pics, and made my hug pic a funny one which was awesome too :) his talk was great too, funny and insightful. Fantastic all-round! :)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Broo said:

He really was lovely and honestly seeing that he seemed to have a perpetually long queue made me happy - guests seeing that they're appreciated and have a lot of fans excited to meet them is always wonderful :) he was very chatty (but laid-back with it if that makes sense?), he suggested which pen colour to use so seemed like he cared and wanted to get signing right, he asked about my accent (I get asked this a lot since it's a weird one, it's a nice conversational starter point though :) ) which then revealed that he and my dad are from the same area in the US which was cool. He also was fun in photo ops, was happy to do various werewolf-type poses for folks' pics, and made my hug pic a funny one which was awesome too :) his talk was great too, funny and insightful. Fantastic all-round! :)

Yeah, his talk was great, although quite odd when the young boy was asking him questions about AWIL.  No way I'd let my kid watch it.

Edited by DrBungle
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, DrBungle said:

Yeah, his talk was great, although quite odd when the young boy was asking him questions about AWIL.  No way I'd let my kid watch it.

Oh my god I'd totally forgotten about that!! :lol: Yeah the films a bit... graphic... in places... maybe he'll grow up to be the next Rick Baker! ;)