Celebrity Photo Boards

LDR

I understand that the large photos each celebrity had above their seats were signed and are to be auctioned off.

Does anyone know where and when these will be auctioned?

Also I've been told all photos take professionally are uploaded somewhere, so that extras can be bought.

Does anyone know where they are uploaded to?

Thanks in advance.

Lewis

3 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Re the auction of the name boards, that's the first I've heard about it and I don't think they have ever done that before.

There's been auctions before at SM cons. Went to 1 at the Belfast con where the name boards behind the guests were auctioned off... last year I think? Either last year or this year. I've a head like a sieve.

Depends on the schedule of each con, if there's an auction in the schedule of a con, the name boards could, but not guaranteed, be in this.

1 minute ago, wjbleming said:

There's been auctions before at SM cons. Went to 1 at the Belfast con where the name boards behind the guests were auctioned off... last year I think? Either last year or this year. I've a head like a sieve.

Depends on the schedule of each con, if there's an auction in the schedule of a con, the name boards could, but not guaranteed, be in this.

Ahh OK, I know they do auctions at the themed events and have the silent auctions at the shows but that's it, and not seen the boards up :huh:

14 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

wjbleming is Right. It's been a while since I saw one auctioned though.

Same here. It was the last Newcastle con and it wasn't posters from that con as it was still going on but there were a couple from that years LFCC. 

• Like 1

It tends to be the regional ones they do it at. From memory it was towards the end of the Sunday. They used the main stage area and had signed photos from people who had been at earlier cons along with other convention stuff that they probably just didn’t have room to store any longer. There were some real bargains to be had. Somebody got a signed Peter Davison Showmasters poster for £10. One bid. I suppose by the end of Sunday most people are skint. 

1 hour ago, Ravogd said:

It tends to be the regional ones they do it at. From memory it was towards the end of the Sunday. They used the main stage area and had signed photos from people who had been at earlier cons along with other convention stuff that they probably just didn’t have room to store any longer. There were some real bargains to be had. Somebody got a signed Peter Davison Showmasters poster for £10. One bid. I suppose by the end of Sunday most people are skint. 

I think Collectormania used to do them and maybe the very early LFCC's. I know I won an item or two. I think one was a poster for a French (??) Showmasters con signed by all 8 guests who attended and I got it for £40! Will have to dig it out and take a photo.