Things to keep in mind

I’ve only ever been to two LFCC’s: 2016 and 2019. It was great and thoroughly enjoyable on both periods, but what do I do to enhance my experience? One day isn’t enough. What do youse recommend? Should I do all 3 days? Through no fault of anyone’s, I came all the way to London from Bristol and then I queued, watched a Cobra Kai panel, met William Zabka, then got his autograph, met Xolo Mariduena etc. With all that considered plus getting food, it didn’t give me a lot of time to see the stalls which is something I would have liked to done (my wallet not so much), and I didn’t get to appreciate the event in its full capacity. 2020 is looking certain for me, but any tips? What day is quietest? Best tickets to get etc? Thanks in advance :D

Much the same as you I’m not a frequent visitor to LFCC even though I don’t live too far away .

This year I initially decided to come on the Saturday as one of the guests was a Saturday only , which then changed to Saturday and Sunday after I was committed with ticket purchases no diamonds was just going for vq 

As more guests were added and the schedule published there was an opportunity to get some photos and autographs on the Friday evening , there was no queue when I got there at 5 , easy to get round the stalls and completed what I wanted to do.

when I checked the weather f/c I realised that sitting in the rain for several hours on Saturday morning to get low vq for a couple of guests was stupid so for the first time I bought a diamond and had a lie in but then panicked that the queue would be crazy so got there at about 10 and in the venue by 11, in retrospect this was a stupid idea by me as it became apparent by about 1 there was no real queue and people were just walking straight up to the ticket gate ,so I could have rocked up then and still got it all done however Saturday was crazy busy and I had problems coping with the crowds .

one of the photos I had done on Friday  was not good , I was too disheveled and had chance to go on Sunday and meet the guest again and this was much better, there were still quite a few guests still there at 5pm will little or no queue  

SO if I went again I would go either later on  Friday and Sunday which gave me more time to look at the stalls in reasonable comfort , get my photo ops done though if I wanted things signed arriving that late it would be diamond purchases 

all this probably wasn’t much help,in your future decision making but using the schedule worked to my advantage this year 

Edited by paulo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’ve always done the three days and tend to go for the photos on the Saturday. With it been the busiest day it’s harder to get autographs. Best trying to get them on the quieter days (more chance of personalisation and a bit more of a chat with the guests too) 

• Like 2

I suppose it really depends upon what you want to do and what you'll be comfortable doing. I started out doing one day but now I usually do the whole weekend, as I can then spend different days on specific things. Friday is my day of looking round the stalls and getting my bearings, as it is the quietest day and am able to chat and relax a bit more. If there are guests who I want to meet who are doing the Friday then I try for them that day too, as that way if I don't get them I still have Saturday and Sunday (depending upon which days they are attending) but I can usually get a Friday guest on a Friday as there are fewer people. But there are also fewer guests on a Friday, so that is also worth considering. Saturday I just go for it - it is quite a queue heavy day, as I do autographs and the occasional photo. I know it's going to be manic, so I make sure I bring lots of water and an electric fan. But I also tend to chat with the most people on Saturday, as I am queuing for so long I get chatty with the people near me. There is often a really good vibe on the Saturday too - but it does get really busy and there are periods of the day when it can be difficult to move around. Sunday is less busy than Saturday, but not as quiet as Friday and can be spent doing the things I didn't get to do on the other days, or trying to meet the guests I didn't get to meet on the previous days. If you go all three days, you tend to have a bit more time to do things like the talks as when doing one day I found I had to limit the talks I went to, otherwise I would miss other things. This is why I do all three days and is entirely based on my own experience! If I only was able to do one day, it would probably be a Sunday though. As the guests I want are usually there, but it's a bit quieter. So it depends on you and what you enjoy/want to do. I can appreciate it's a bit of a trek for you to come to London. I live an hour and a half away, but because of train times ended up getting up really early (Sunday I was up at 3:30am to get there on time - but that was my choice and isn't something that would suit everyone!). I love the environment, so I do all three days. But you could probably get away with still getting a good experience on one day, or just on a Saturday and Sunday.

• Like 1

Would definitely echo the "try to get autographs on quieter days" advice. Friday is generally the quietest so if you have guests you want an autograph from and they are attending on the Friday then it's definitely worth going on that day to get it. You'll have a much higher chance of meeting them on a Friday. This year I had a few guests I wanted to meet on the Saturday and with two being very popular (Billy Dee Williams and Ian McDiarmid) , I thought it best to split them over the two days to increase my chances of getting both their autographs. With Billy Dee being there on the Friday it was a no brainer. I went on the Friday purely for that, got his auto and then left after a few hours. I then attended Saturday and stayed there for the whole day and got the other guests I wanted.  It all worked out perfectly.

So again, the best bit of advice I would give is to attend at least the Friday or the Sunday in addition to the Saturday (I say in addition to Saturday because a lot of guests will only appear on the Saturday). Spreading your guest autos/photos out makes the weekend a lot less chaotic, not to mention greatly increasing your chances of getting everything you wish for from the event. 

Edited by bazza96
  • Like 3

I always go for the 3 days but with it being a quieter year for me in terms of guests, I gave myself a 'side mission' to do outside of LFCC so I'd go there for a few hours, do everything I wanted & then I had something to do afterwards so I wouldn't be sat in a hotel room for ages by myself.

I think sometimes people arrange meet ups that are open to anyone so you can always look out for them. :) 

Friday is the quietest day, but some guests may not be attending on Friday. So it depends who you want to see. Sunday is the 2nd quietest, and it can be quite easy with autographs as most people have got their autos on the 2 previous days so it is easier to see guests. I think it is definitely worth coming for a 2nd day, or possibly all 3. You'll have to look at which guests attend on which day and decide.

When I started attending, I only attended Saturday and Sunday. Then I decided to do all 3 days as that would make it more relaxed, with more time to do things, and it was the right decision.

We did Friday and Sunday this year and it worked really well for us (original plan was all 3 but changed mind due to likely crowds - my mum would not have coped well).

Friday was deffo the quietest of the 2 we were there, definitely relaxed day to get our main guest and spend a decent amount of time checking out the stalls.  Sunday we barely visited them (except to pick up something from one stall I had just loved), but we had a more packed schedule.

I've always done Friday because it's usually when Jason loads the Star Wars guests, and tends to be the quietest, so win win. This year, I have to say, and several other people commented similar, that Friday was way quieter than last year's Friday. It was incredibly easy bar a bit of a dash about trying to catch everyone I wanted in between lunch, photo shoots etc, and having to reschedule getting Peter S for Saturday as he couldn't make it.