Guests you missed this year

I chose not to meet Val Kilmer in the end.  I really admire his performances in films like 'The Doors' and 'Tombstone' but those of you old enough to remember the 1990s will know that Val had a reputation for being not only difficult on set, but a downright nightmare to deal with!  This kind of put me off, along with his very cruel illness which has clearly been such a difficult and humbling experience for him (I'm always a bit wary of booking guests who come to shows like this when they are clearly not well, as it can be an upsetting experience to see your heroes brought down low).  However, reading on this forum about his efforts to interact with fans at the event has been really very touching, and I now do kind of regret having deprived myself of what could have been a moving and memorable experience.  I'm pleased for everyone who got to meet him.

Other possibles who I also didn't meet in the end included Barbara Shelley and the Village Of The Damned guests, as well as Phil Daniels and Kerry Ingram.  Unfortunately this in no way proved a money-saving exercise as I ended up meeting Zachary Quinto and Carrie-Anne Moss, neither of whom were on my list to begin with :wacko::lol:

6 hours ago, MVronsky78 said:

I chose not to meet Val Kilmer in the end.  I really admire his performances in films like 'The Doors' and 'Tombstone' but those of you old enough to remember the 1990s will know that Val had a reputation for being not only difficult on set, but a downright nightmare to deal with!  This kind of put me off, along with his very cruel illness which has clearly been such a difficult and humbling experience for him (I'm always a bit wary of booking guests who come to shows like this when they are clearly not well, as it can be an upsetting experience to see your heroes brought down low).  However, reading on this forum about his efforts to interact with fans at the event has been really very touching, and I now do kind of regret having deprived myself of what could have been a moving and memorable experience.  I'm pleased for everyone who got to meet him.

Other possibles who I also didn't meet in the end included Barbara Shelley and the Village Of The Damned guests, as well as Phil Daniels and Kerry Ingram.  Unfortunately this in no way proved a money-saving exercise as I ended up meeting Zachary Quinto and Carrie-Anne Moss, neither of whom were on my list to begin with :wacko::lol:

I missed out on Val for exactly the same reason, ie his ill health. I just wanted to remember him as he was in Batman Forever or The Doors or Top Secret. As with you I’ve got my regrets too now...

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Diabolik said:

I missed out on Val for exactly the same reason, ie his ill health. I just wanted to remember him as he was in Batman Forever or The Doors or Top Secret. As with you I’ve got my regrets too now...

It was an emotional experience of a meet, just the sheer great strength after what Val has been through, to then fly to London to meet us all.

• Like 2

question i missed Jenna Coleman on the saturday for Autograph because i had 511 VQ ticket and when i went back at 5pm she was still at only 300 anyone know roughly what number she got to? because my friend was desperate to get her but at 5pm we gave up hope i was there till the end should i have gone back or was i right to give up they said she was a fast signer but only up to 300 by 5pm isn't fast imop

28 minutes ago, barrowman_angel said:

question i missed Jenna Coleman on the saturday for Autograph because i had 511 VQ ticket and when i went back at 5pm she was still at only 300 anyone know roughly what number she got to? because my friend was desperate to get her but at 5pm we gave up hope i was there till the end should i have gone back or was i right to give up they said she was a fast signer but only up to 300 by 5pm isn't fast imop

It is pretty fast. She had DP and (mistakenly on the part of the blue shirts) Gold passes without VQ's before she even got to real VQ's. If you are ever desperate it is always worth hanging on until the very end because most people with VQ's that high, that late on either won't bother going or give up. It could have easily gone from 300-500 in the remainjng time if the majority of the VQs between 300-500 have gone home. 

Edited by Ravogd

There were several I didn't get this year that I wanted but because I always do a list with the possibility of canceling getting some autos in favour of others, every year we like to get a random autograph that we never planned on getting and this year was Christina Ricci and this was on an open queue because we went back in on Saturday late and a few DP/VQ guests had open queues, if Carrie Ann Moss had still been at her table I would have got hers too but she had left. But overall I'm satisfied with who we got.

If I'd had more money in my budget I would definitely have met Robert Carlyle and Val Kilmer. I really regret missing Mr Kilmer after hearing all the great and wonderful experiences people had with him. I doubt I'll have the chance again but I would love to see him back.

I was only there on the Saturday so missed some great Friday and Sunday only guests.

I would really have liked to meet Genevieve Gaunt as I am currently watching Knightfall.

Did anyone meet her? Was she a great guest to meet?

Hopefully she'll be back another time.

57 minutes ago, Silver Marauder said:

If I'd had more money in my budget I would definitely have met Robert Carlyle and Val Kilmer. I really regret missing Mr Kilmer after hearing all the great and wonderful experiences people had with him. I doubt I'll have the chance again but I would love to see him back.

I was only there on the Saturday so missed some great Friday and Sunday only guests.

I would really have liked to meet Genevieve Gaunt as I am currently watching Knightfall.

Did anyone meet her? Was she a great guest to meet?

Hopefully she'll be back another time.

Genevieve Gaunt was very chatty at her table and was pleased to see a number of people getting Knightfall photos to be signed. She was also doing selfies, which I often seem to forget to ask to have done, but I got one with her :)

• Thanks 1

I got all the autographs that I definitely wanted.

There were a couple that took my fancy but decided not to go ahead with for various reasons (time constraints not being one of them).

One I would have liked to have gone for, but decided not to, was Hayden Christensen. This was mainly due to financial restraints, as well as potential time restraints (which wasn't the case on the day). Also, for me autograph-wise, Mr Christensen wasn't on the same level as those who played The Doctor.

On 8/4/2019 at 5:16 PM, Ravogd said:

It is pretty fast. She had DP and (mistakenly on the part of the blue shirts) Gold passes without VQ's before she even got to real VQ's.  If you are ever desperate it is always worth hanging on until the very end because most people with VQ's that high, that late on either won't bother going or give up. It could have easily gone from 300-500 in the remainjng time if the majority of the VQs between 300-500 have gone home.

I had a mid 600 number for Carrie Fisher,  when they were up to max 400s by 5pm

I got in at about 530pm, thanks to it being a bit quiet, so blue shirt took my ticket and let me in the queue

so glad we hung around now, for obvious reasons

Edited by andrewrolar

On 8/4/2019 at 8:51 AM, Mayhem said:

Bernard Cribbins, but only as I didn’t attend Sunday. I got everyone I set out to get at least.

I had a VQ for Bernard, but as he arrived so late & his time was limited, we decided not to go as we already had other photos booked.

6 minutes ago, Starbuck73 said:

I had a VQ for Bernard, but as he arrived so late & his time was limited, we decided not to go as we already had other photos booked.

Bernard didn’t arrive late he was there from 12-4 as advertised.

11 hours ago, Diabolik said:

Still mulling over the what-ifs regarding Val Kilmer (should’ve met him!!!!) out of interest anyone know how far he got into VQ’s on Saturday (if at all)?

He was definitely on VQ's on Saturday and got to them quite early on Saturday (remember VQ's can go on and off depending on when DP's turn up). I went late morning and was able to join a queue of about 15 people (we were just walking past and noticed this, we hadn't even targeted him specifically). I had DP so would have been allowed to join anyway but the guy in front of me was VQ and he was number fifty-something. No idea what the final number was though.

Edited by Ravogd

On 8/8/2019 at 11:18 PM, Diabolik said:

Still mulling over the what-ifs regarding Val Kilmer (should’ve met him!!!!) out of interest anyone know how far he got into VQ’s on Saturday (if at all)?

I went to ask about VQ's on Saturday morning & was just told to join the queue, which I did. ^_^

• 2 weeks later...