Guests you missed this year

got everyone's auto and photo that , going into Friday , i had planned to meet, as well an auto I'd decided I wouldn't probably get ( Bernhard Cribbens)

Because money was down for me this year,  in as much as my overtime wasn't covering it all this year,  my photos to autos ratio was not the normal 1:1

I had only 8 autos to 14 photos , plus i knocked a few off my initial list over the months,  in order to get 3 DPs. 

also, I had a double photo ok where I didn't need their auto ( Sylvester and Sophie)

Walter Koenig ...photo, no auto

Kelly Kelly ...photo, no auto

Tara Fitzgerald...photo , no auto

Martin Sheen ... oval office photo, no auto 

Guests that I bumped completely ...

David Naughton

Ethan Phillips 

Matthew Lilliard (regret this now)

Zachary Quinto ( i wanted both but couldn't afford/justify  a 4th DP, so knocked completely so as to get DP in future) 

I also had to figure in that i need money for DST , in October. 

Tara Fitzgerald and Julian Glover. Both photo ops were too late for me on Sunday and their queues were packed whenever I went past in the morning so I decided to forgo more queueing. My feet thanked me. 

My photo shoot with Bob Gale was at 5.50pm on Sunday. I'm not normally still at the convention at this time but was amazed to see the place was almost empty and most guests were just sitting chatting with no one getting autographs, this included The Shining twins who were busy all day. From now on if things are not looking good I'll wait until the very end as that seems to be the best time. Even over the PA system they announced that Jason Momoa had a free table & no VQ was required!

i was there all 3 days and the only auto i missed out of 14 targets (most were multiple posters to sign)was Franco Nero, i even brought an original django poster for him to sign.because he didn't turn up Friday so i spend his earmarked money on extra autos on other guests, then on Sunday had the choice buy food & drink or Franco Nero auto. i choice poorly and regret it now:crying:

Thankfully I got everything I wanted :-) Out of the bigger guests, I'd already met Carrie Anne Moss at another Con, as well as John Barrowman. I wasn't fussed with Brendon Frasier and I thought Jason Momoa was way over priced. £20-30 lower and it would have been a maybe.

Managed to meet everyone on my list.  I normally get 9-10 diamonds but I'm always rushed to fit them in, so this year I limited myself to 5 (actually turned into 4 as one was Alex Kingston) so I had a much more relaxing time and I added extra photo ops on the day if I knew I was going to be able to make them.

I missed robert patrick,billy dee williams,corey dee Williams(unwell),Ian McDiarmid.First time trying to see a-list actors,so wasnt aware of virtual tickets.But i did see star wars & horror guests.

I could only make it down from Newcastle for the Sunday, so I missed a few good ones like Zachary Quinto, Peter Serafinowicz, Alfie Allen, and Hayden Christensen as a result.

I managed to catch most of the Sunday people who I wanted, but not everyone. I missed out on meeting Robert Carlyle (decent vq number but due to some other queues slowing me down he'd managed to move onto an enormous open queue which only ever seemed to grow), John Barrowman (forgot my copy of Zero Dark Thirty like an idiot), Carrie-Anne Moss, Bob Gale, Franco Nero, Tara Fitzgerald, Jenna Coleman, and Ian Somerhalder, whose queue was truly a beast (a shame, I was carting around a cherished uncut copy of The Rules of Attraction). One good thing is I managed to at least see almost all of those people, so it's better than not getting anywhere near them at all (fond childhood memories of seeing Terry Pratchett from a distance, so it counts for something).

I think I managed about 22 people without any diamond passes to speed up the bigger names, so all in all, a pretty successful outing for a man who went from Newcastle to London and back without a coat. Hopefully the people I missed will return for other events someday!

4 hours ago, Star Wars is Life said:

I got VQ ticket No.1 on Friday for Jason Isaacs but then saw his photos and there wasn’t one of him as the voice of the grand inquisitor in Star Wars Rebels, searched the stalls but no one had a suitable pic. Lesson learned for the less obvious films/shows, bring my own photo

Same here but with Christina Ricci. I brought own stuff for Hayden Christensen and Ian Somerhalder but that was it. I thought there was gonna be a foto from Casper which is my favourite Christina Ricci movie. But there wasn't so I took one from Adams Family. But I am not really a big fan of that film. However, next year I will definitely bring some more own stuff.

And now that I am reading all of your lists more people come to mind that I have missed - Bob Gale and Franco Nero.

Edited by carmine

Wanted John Barrowman's auto as he was too busy the last time I saw him, but couldn't get near his table because of all the Somerhalder fangirls hanging around.

However, I did get 2 hugs from him in my photo op as I had my eyes shut the first time, & he said he loved that I was wearing his "Never apologise for being geeky" shirt. :wub:

• Like 3

Alfie Allen : VQ's number to high
Tara Fitzgerald : Went to see her but she was off to lunch and then had some stuff to do and forgot to be back
Tom Felton : Too much people (managed to get an auto from Jason Isaacs instead)

Also Ian Whyte and Vladimir Furdik.

I'd have liked to get an autograph from Jenna Coleman but lack of time on Sunday, just had her photo.

I missed lot of them... because this year was... just too big! Hopefully, I can have all I want next year! Main reason for that is... $$$ and time because I had planned photoshoots and talks. I know that autos are hard to get... so I did not even try.

Photos : William Shatner (afraid to be disappointed), Robert Carlyle, Charlie Sheen, Jason Momoa (hopefully, he can come next year as well), Val Kilmer, Robert Patrick, Brendan Fraser

Autos : Emilie de Ravin, Lana Parrilla

Talks : some it was because of the money (I only got one paid talk) and some because of the clashes

Diamond pass : from what I have heard, SM improved the gifts, was kinda disappointed with a print :p