Martin Sheen Appreciation Thread

I can't say enough about Martin Sheen.  Such a friendly man who radiates warmth and humanity - had a lot of time for everyone and had to be chivvied on by his pit manager to keep things flowing early on.  Yes, he is expensive which may have put people off but I'm so pleased Showmasters managed to get him, absolutely brilliant.  Provided his energy doesn't flag overnight anyone who is meeting him tomorrow is in for a real treat - if you're thinking about meeting him, think no more - do it!

Edited by StuartG2198
  • Like 3

I agree! He was so lovely to us when we went to see him and during the photo shoot he was asking everyones name to say hello! He was so friendly. The West Wing is my favourite show and I was slightly worried to meet him and ruin my image of President Bartlet but he really lived up to the character. I have an oval office photo with him tomorrow too and I can't wait to see him again.

• Like 2

Yes I agree! Loved how on his photo shoot he just wanted to chat, I was walking off and he was still asking me where am I from. My first photo didn't come out right so I went back and he recognised me and said 'didn't you just come by?'. I told him the photo didn't come out well and he thought it was hilarious.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Marty Mcfly said:

Yes I agree! Loved how on his photo shoot he just wanted to chat, I was walking off and he was still asking me where am I from. My first photo didn't come out right so I went back and he recognised me and said 'didn't you just come by?'. I told him the photo didn't come out well and he thought it was hilarious.

He remembered me from my photo shoot when I went for his auto and asked how the photo came out! He's such a lovely man.

• Like 1

What a man. We almost missed his shoot as we totally forgot about it. We were walking past the oval office prop when we remembered about it and it had 15 mind left. Obviously because of Lynz' wheelchair we (or rather I) had to leg it all the way to the photo area (A I think). We had diamonds so no problem. Got there with 10 mins to spare, ushered in through the exit due to the throng of people waiting for the next shoot. They halted the queue to let Lynz get out of her chair onto her crutches for her shoots (which she always does) and Martin got up off his stool to guide her to the area, talking to her all the time. He then did the same to get her back in the chair, even picking up her coat that had fallen in the floor and her water flask just before she sat on it. Then had a chat to me as I got mine (much to the annoyance of photographer and his helper) but I didn't want to be rude. He was asking me things not the other way rohnd. Later I went to get his autograph alone and if you read my previous post in another thread he was may late mother's favourite actor and WW her top show. He remembered me and asked why my "wife" wasn't there and checked she was OK and that I hadn't just abandoned her. :lol:my Mum and I were never closer than when we talked about WE and she had a small ceramic tile with Bartlett for America on it which as I explained all this to him I broke down. Again. Nothing but love from him. Gave me a tissue and held my arm saying nice things about a lady he never knew.

I have done literally hundreds of the guest interactions over the years but I have never ever been so emotionally connected to a guest. I cannot thanks this man enough for pretty much giving me closure over my Mother's death. My God I'm away again typing this. Thank you Martin with all my heart.

Edited by Ravogd
  • Like 15
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, Ravogd said:

What a man. We almost missed his shoot as we totally forgot about it. We were walking past the oval office prop when we remembered about it and it had 15 mind left. Obviously because of Lynz' wheelchair we (or rather I) had to leg it all the way to the photo area (A I think). We had diamonds so no problem. Got there with 10 mins to spare, ushered in through the exit due to the throng of people waiting for the next shoot. They halted the queue to let Lynz get out of her chair onto her crutches for her shoots (which she always does) and Martin got up off his stool to guide her to the area, talking to her all the time. He then did the same to get her back in the chair, even picking up her coat that had fallen in the floor and her water flask just before she sat on it. Then had a chat to me as I got mine (much to the annoyance of photographer and his helper) but I didn't want to be rude. He was asking me things not the other way rohnd. Later I went to get his autograph alone and if you read my previous post in another thread he was may late mother's favourite actor and WW her top show. He remembered me and asked why my "wife" wasn't there and checked she was OK and that I hadn't just abandoned her. :lol:my Mum and I were never closer than when we talked about WE and she had a small ceramic tile with Bartlett for America on it which as I explained all this to him I broke down. Again. Nothing but love from him. Gave me a tissue and held my arm saying nice things about a lady he never knew.

I have done literally hundreds of the guest interactions over the years but I have never ever been so emotionally connected to a guest. I cannot thanks this man enough for pretty much giving me closure over my Mother's death. My God I'm away again typing this. Thank you Martin with all my heart.

Ok this made me so emotional. He really is wonderful! I wasn't expecting much with him being such a big name guest and he exceeded expectations and beyond.

(Btw didn't get to say but your granddaughter(?) Looked completely adorable in her little outfit.

• Like 1

Martin is officially my favourite guest ever. After rushing from D down to the Oval Office shoot I was exhausted but the woman put me to the front of the queue he made me sit in the President's chair :wub: and then said he was going to fuss over me and spoke to me for a few moments and checked I was ok before letting me go. 

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Ravogd said:

Genuinely moved to tears reading this <3

• Like 1

He was amazing I was told not to shake hands or touch him.  When I approached, he had this lovely smile, held out his hand, I said "oh,  you want to shake my hand, are you sure?", by this time I was babbling.  He said "yeah for sure" and gave a smile.  I nearly melted, he is a really genuine person and will cherish the moment

• Like 3

He was AMAZING. Had time for everyone, was shaking everyone's hands and asking for their names during today's photo op session and was really listening to what people had to say. He's an absolutely wonderful human being who personally I will always be grateful I got the opportunity to meet :wub:

On 7/27/2019 at 9:54 PM, Ravogd said:

And by the above I mean this, but didn't click "quote" lol

• Like 1

Having been to many Showmaster events I've met many stars of Film & Television. 

But one has really stood out. I've been pondering how to describe my thoughts on my encounters with him this weekend....hence the forum post title.

With the way he was with each and every person he met you would think he was a Convention veteran despite it being his first EVER appearance world-wide. 

He exudes class, style, humility, wit and charm the level of I've never seen by anyone I've met before. 

I will never EVER forget my meeting with Martin Sheen and I cannot thank the Showmasters team enough

Edited by SirHarryPearce
  • Like 5

I have two great memories from the Martin Sheen Oval prop photo shoot.

The first was when he arrived at the shoot all the people there clapping and cheering as he entered, it felt like we were all in a scene from the "West Wing" as he thanked people for their applause.  

The second was the pleasure of spending a few brief but wonderful moment with this amazing man and as I left saying to me  "thank you so much for coming". 

I hope this experience will make him want to come back to London because we must certainly would love to see him again.

Edited by Jabberwocky50
  • Like 2