Bernard Cribbins appreciation

39 minutes ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

I didn't meet him at this event but he was brilliant at the spring event. :thumbup:

I use a walking stick to get around and once I was allowed to pose for my and Bernard's photo, he saw my stick snd went, "Oh...you've brought your stick, have you?" and he swiped my stick and pretended to play the violin with my stick and done all the noises, my FAV photo of ALL TIME!!! :thumbup:

Edited by Dr.1963
  • Like 3

He was great at the photoshoot and the signing. I ended up with 2 photos because he started reading my t-shirt and the photographer took another one which is cool but I actually prefer the first one (i’ll post them all later). At the signing he was friendly and talking away to my partner and granddaughter. She is getting a custom Wif Mott funko pop made but doesn’t have it yet so it was funny explaining to him why he was signing the blank piece of plastic from an old funko pop. Great guest.

It was the piece of plastic that made me realise it was you just in front of me in Bernard's auto queue. As I said to Bernard, it's always great to meet the voice of my childhood.

Edited by Geoff K

Just now, Faerie Tanith said:

Where was he? My dad wanted to say hi but we didn't spot Bernard anywhere. 

It was close to the prop photoshoots, it was very unclear, took me an hoir to find him...

27 minutes ago, TheLocalWizard said:

I think he was in his own booth, away from the main signing area. Pretty sure I walked past him at one point

Yes he was in the booth that Eccleston was in on the Saturday if that helps. You wouldn’t have been able to get to him unless you were actually buying an autograph

3 hours ago, Faerie Tanith said:

Oh! I glimpsed Eccleston a couple of times but didn't realise Bernard was around there too. 

He wasn’t. Eccleston was in the booth on Saturday, Bernard had it on Sunday. 

3 minutes ago, GreenArrow2046 said:

Eccleston started the day along the back wall next to Robert Carlyle but got moved not too long into the day 

Ah sorry Faerie I didn’t realise Eccleston started in “full view” as it were. I’m surprised he was. I would have thought booth from the start. He obviously wasn’t comfortable and they switched him.

7 minutes ago, Ravogd said:

Ah sorry Faerie I didn’t realise Eccleston started in “full view” as it were. I’m surprised he was. I would have thought booth from the start. He obviously wasn’t comfortable and they switched him.

I only knew because I had my diamond auto to get which I got from him when he was out in the open, possibly moved just to create more space in that area but I’m not sure, after all it was quite congested even without him situated there 

• Like 1

Eccleston was moved because there was a leak in the ceiling at Lana Parrilla's desk. I was in the queue at Lana's waiting for her to come back from lunch and everyone was getting rained. They came over and told us they were moving Chris to a booth so Lana could be up against the wall and away from the leak.

• Like 1

Reading this topic, i realise that i've seen Dr.1963 and Ravogd who were just in front of me for the photos or autos (i'll say hi next year :D )

I've seen Bernard "playing" with the stick and do other funny things, then my turn came :p

1564443031-bernard.jpg

One of the photo which make me laugh everytime i see it.

A lovely man, very pleased to have met him.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, EllaBlair said:

Eccleston was moved because there was a leak in the ceiling at Lana Parrilla's desk. I was in the queue at Lana's waiting for her to come back from lunch and everyone was getting rained. They came over and told us they were moving Chris to a booth so Lana could be up against the wall and away from the leak.

That makes sense, I remember getting dripped on at one point over the weekend from a leak 

Edited by GreenArrow2046
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, burns said:

Reading this topic, i realise that i've seen Dr.1963 and Ravogd who were just in front of me for the photos or autos (i'll say hi next year :D )

I've seen Bernard "playing" with the stick and do other funny things, then my turn came :p

1564443031-bernard.jpg

One of the photo which make me laugh everytime i see it.

A lovely man, very pleased to have met him.

Please do. It'd be lovely to meet you. I might have recognised you but normally in photo queues I'm too busy trying not to hit the person in front's heels with my partner's wheel chair to look around me.

2 minutes ago, Mayhem said:

The positioning makes sense in that I didn’t recall seeing Christopher at all on Saturday, or even where he was signing. Was Ricci in the same vicinity as I didn’t see her booth either.

Ricci didn't have a booth. She was on the back wall with the other "biggies" almost right in the middle

40 minutes ago, Ravogd said:

Ricci didn't have a booth. She was on the back wall with the other "biggies" almost right in the middle

I somehow completely missed seeing her sign up then, weird! And pity Bernard was Sunday only as I may have gone to see him otherwise.

• Like 1

I was sat near to where Bernard was signing after having a photo with him. He was brought to the signing area in a wheelchair while he was whistling R2D2 noises while being pushed.

A lovely gentleman who seemed to be genuinely enjoy meeting fans