IAN SOMERHALDER APPRECIATION

I have attempted six times to get this man because of a few cancellations in the past and dam he was worth the wait and Dp pass money. Thank you LFCC and Jason for making this possible. Dont get me wrong it over run all weekend but he was proberly my best experiance of the weekend. Took time to chat to everyone in his photo shoot. I didnt want to look him to closley in to thoses baby blue eyes otherwise I would of been a puddle on the floor. To the photo shoot lady and the crew who dealt with Ian you did suffer all day however for us fans he was brillant, charming, funny and the nicest guy Nikki Reed is one lucky lady.

If LFCC get him again I would hands down buy him again and DP pass him again, but now we know what he is like maybe a few less dp passes and batches for the shake of the crew members having a heartattack over, overeager fan girls ;)

• Like 3

Just now, tenaciouspirit said:

It made my wife's whole con meeting him. It was only her second LFCC (I still had to play the part of guide) and she was so so happy with the whole experience. She did the almost touch pose from vampire diaries, and keeps looking at her picture with such adoration . 

us woman are simply creatures give us a chance to meet Ian Somerhalder and we will be happy humans glad she had such a great experiance

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, benweblight said:

So how long was he signing for on Sunday?

they had about 7 batches lined up waiting at about 5:40pm

he was only on batch 5 when I left at 5 o clock and there had about 12 D P batches to get though

He was in no rush to get through the autographs, or he wasn't when I went to see him and made sure everyone had a few minutes chatting with him.  I'm not surprised he had a backlog of DPs to get through but he is absolutely worth the cost and waiting in line for as it made the experience special instead of feeling like a conveyor belt.

Then I had to consult a map to find my way out of his eyes.

Completely loved Ian Somerhalder. He was ultra cuddly in his photoshoots and totally worth the 3 hour wait on Saturday for the autographs. Our queue had basically wilted to the floor as time ticked on. Around 6.20 the crew had to get us on our feet and get us ready for him but when he arrived it turned into an Ian concert! He stood on the table and gave a speech about how grateful he was we had all waited, blew kisses to the crowd and we were all whooping and hollering with wild abandon :clap: When I met him, I made the fatal mistake of looking into his eyes and then my brain had trouble forming cohesive thoughts. I answered his questions as best I could but I was far too distracted by how pretty he was :wub2: Then I ran away as fast as possible ‘cause I had a train to catch. My friend also fell in love with him - and she didn’t even meet him! The IS effect is something to behold. I would definitely pay to see him again. 

• Like 2

Ian was an absolute sweetheart. Have wanted to meet him for years and finally I got the chance. He was so genuine and appreciative when I was telling him how much Vampire Diaries meant to me and he was saying how it is such a massive part of his life and how he has nothing but fond memories of it and loves it. I told him I wish it had never ended as, for me, it just got better and better. He seemed chuffed to hear that. I was nervous as hell meeting him but he was so lovely.

For someone who was extremely busy all weekend, he was an extremely pleasant guest. As said earlier in the thread, he took the time to chat to everyone and the experience meeting him didn't seem rushed even though he had hundreds to get through. My friend and I were extremely lucky in meeting him on Saturday without a DP. From the sound of it we were likely the only non-DP holders who managed to get an autograph. Lucky timing I guess?

I had a Diamond Pass for Saturday but I had no chance to see him then cause I had to go to photo sessions. I was waiting 2 times for him but he wasnt around. I am very happy I was given the chance to use my Saturday pass on Sunday. However, I enjoyed The Vampire Diaries but for me its Life As A House that means everything to me. He was very surprised about me wanting to get his signature on a Life As A House picture with him and his co-star Mary Steenburgen. He was like: "Oh my god" and for like 30 seconds he only starred at the picture. Then he told me how much filming this film meant to him, how special everything about it was and how awesome it was that he has had a little Life As A House reunion with Hayden Christensen. That made me very happy. Its nice that he took his time for every single fan even with a crazy queue. I still cant believe it Hayden and Ian - 2 from Life As A House at the same time. So cool. Thanks to everyone who made this possible.

Totally loved meeting him.   Was gutted he had to cancel last year but SM always do try grt guests again where they can and they pulled it out the bag this time.  He was so engaged with everyone.   When getting his auto (after queuing for a hood while) it was my turn.  He looked up smiled say hi so good to see you.. please dont hate me but i got to run pee real quick ahahaha.  I said no problem.  He went and also came back with a plate of mash and peas lol    he kissed my auto and got a pit of pea on it but its Ian Somerhalders food so i dont care lol.   He also gave me a big hug and thanked me for being so awesome to wait on him.   He was very overworked all weekend but it didnt show.  He was fantastic.

You know they always say about don't meet your heroes as they won't live up to your expectations, Ian went above and beyond!  He was everything I wanted him to be and more!  It was only my second con, I booked last year to meet him then he cancelled and I was gutted, but Sunday made up for it.  He was so friendly and chatty to everyone and as someone said above, it totally didn't feel like a conveyor belt (Tom Felton, I'm looking at you).  I couldn't believe that he was in front of me and when it got to be my turn I got completely tongue-tied and couldn't speak!!  After the photo and we still had our arms around each other he asked me if I was happy and I said that I was and I loved him and he thanked me for all the love!  I nearly burst into tears walking to the talk, so amazing! 

Then after the talk, we saw him come out and he made a point of coming over to my son and fist-bumping him, we didn't even try to talk to him, thought he would just walk by!!  Then when it came to the huge queue for the Auto, we were lucky and had batch 6 so we got seen quite quickly really!  He was still so chatty then, even when the staff said no chit chat, there's no shutting him up!!  Loads of yap on him!!  I apologised for fangirling all over him previously and he said it's fine, took my hand and rubbed it and said that he loves it!  After more fist bumps etc, we were on our way!  I'm so glad I listened to everyone on here about getting a Diamond Pass cause without it I wouldn't have got to do the auto, so thank you everyone!!  

Ian is just a dream come true!  I keep looking at the picture and can't believe that it's us two together!!  Best day ever and such a lovely bloke!!!

• Like 4

I would also like to say the crew members who where managing this queue it was very stresseful for them and the pit bosss they deserve a pat on the back, by the time Sunday came we where all tried and groogy and they answered question after question and had to put up with a lot of feed up woman, I missed my train and then got lost trying to get on another one but hay looking in to Ians eyes was totally worth it ;)

• Like 4

He was just so lovely! Words can’t really explain how I felt after meeting him. Biggest and strongest hug I think I’ve ever been given by anyone. Such a strong handshake at the end of the autograph too and he called me ‘babe’ and those eyes! 

I met him once before when I was about 15 (I’m nearly 30 now). Definitely didn’t appreciate his beauty then!

• Like 1

Literally can’t explain how happy I am to have met Ian and for him to be so so genuinely lovely it was so much more than I had expected he really is such a great guy and those eyes & hugs wow so thankful to of had the opportunity to meet him 

really hope he comes back in the future