My First Comic Con Experience!

Caz87

Hi Everyone, this weekend was my first ever comic con experience and in the build up I had been a little bit nervous and concerned about going. On Friday morning I had some truly devastating news and therefore it was going to be enough tougher to head down to London for a full weekend on my own, but the amazing thing I quickly found out about comic con is that you are never alone. 

Over the two days I got to speak to so many people when queuing for photos or trying to have a little bit of a rest between photos and looking at the different stalls, a place to fully fit in with people who understand being a fan of franchises or actors. 

The main thing I want to do with this post is thank everyone on the forum as I have been reading and occasionally posting since booking my tickets to go. The amazing tips really helped and whoever posted about the case to keep your photos in (sorry I cannot remember who it was) was certainly the best tip ever keeping them all nice and flat and safe from damage, also on arrival on the Saturday keeping my printed out tickets dry! 

I found Saturday to be totally crazy and was feeling like I couldn’t cope with the heat and how busy it was, but once the photos started it wasn’t as bad. The Sunday was much more relaxed I felt and just that little bit of extra space to move between the photo booths and be able to look around the guests signing. 

Once again thank you all so very much for the help in the build up, this forum really is fantastic! 

• Like 10

25 minutes ago, Broo said:

I'm so sorry to hear you had some devastating news but that's wonderful you had such a positive con experience :) best wishes!

Thank you, it certainly helped me distract myself. Some amazing guests and fellow fans! 

• Like 1

Hey! I think I met you in the Tom Felton photo queue on Sunday (it was so manic!)... I was in front and melting in the heat and we chatted for a bit! 

I'm sorry to hear you had bad news on the Friday, but glad you were able to enjoy your weekend at LFCC. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Laurenx said:

Hey! I think I met you in the Tom Felton photo queue on Sunday (it was so manic!)... I was in front and melting in the heat and we chatted for a bit! 

I'm sorry to hear you had bad news on the Friday, but glad you were able to enjoy your weekend at LFCC. 

Ahh yes! That’s amazing, without realising we’d both been forum members too. That was a crazy build up, 4 diamond batches! 

• Like 1

Yeah, the queuing was mad wasn’t it! At least we got there in the end :P I think it was one of the craziest queuing experiences I’ve had at a convention in years!! But at least it was my last photo session that day! 

• Like 1