Val Kilmer Appreciation Thread

38 minutes ago, Victoria said:

I can well imagine. Thank YOU for sharing. Did you show Charlie the pass?

I had it round my neck. I wanted it to come up naturally but I don't think Charlie seen it. I wish I had have said about it now. My only regret

54 minutes ago, JokerJosh said:

I had it round my neck. I wanted it to come up naturally but I don't think Charlie seen it. I wish I had have said about it now. My only regret

It would have been entertaining for sure, Charlie may have decorated your Val pass ... 

• Like 1

Between us my son and I waited about 5 1/2 hours in Val's queue on Sunday, neither of us were big fans but the wife loves Willow and this was the ultimate signature for her book.   Having been to most of his last events at which he has cancelled, ever since LFCC when he was first due to appear (I think at Wembley, that's how long ago it was!) and having had him cancel each time, we were skeptical initially about hanging around.   We were in the holding area at just after 10.00 when they first announced he had taken ill and waited until just before 1.00 when we both had to go.

My son went back just before 2.00 when Val was hopefully due back, now towards the back of the queue.   When Val eventually returned I have to say the wait was worth it.   We both have a newfound respect for him, he was visibly unwell but still made an attempt to communicate with us.   We can't thank him enough for finding the strength to come back and sign for everyone.

Oh, and the wife was really pleased with the signature in her book.

• Like 6

My experience was similar, I had photo shoots booked for his last scheduled appearance that got cancelled, I spent a lot of Sunday just popping back to his signing area to find out the latest update. I honestly didn't expect his photo shoot to go ahead but I was so pleased, humbled and grateful that it did.

I went straight to his signing area after the photo shoot and had a signature within 5 mins so that was a bonus... 

My photo didn't come off the printer so I was last to leave the photo area while it was re printed, I was so grateful the helpful ladies working the area managed to sort because I would not have felt comfortable to have them bring Val back, even though he was just round the back of the fixture and hadn't actually vacated the area.

I have a whole new appreciation and respect for him..

• Like 2

Meeting Val was the highlight of the event for me, i was a huge willow fan as a kid and had a willow movie poster 8x10 already signed by Warwick Davis and wanted Val to also sign it. When i got to him his assistant told Val to sign at put character name. He did this but then paused looking down at the picture. It was a long pause and I was worried he was a ok. I looked at his assistant who looked at me and then Val, both of us concerned. We needn’t have been. Val had noticed Warwick had written “magical by his signature and Val wanted to write something as well, so he was remembering a line from the film. He wrote “the greatest swordsman that ever lived” i started to laugh and he looked up at me with a massive grin and began laughing as well. He then put out his hand for me to shake. Absolutely loved this experience, Val made the day for me.

• Like 8

Val was absolutely lovely to meet, despite the obvious difficulties he had over the weekend. :wub:

I was torn over whether I wanted to get his auto, but by Sunday morning, I had convinced myself (& my bank balance) that it was worth it! :lol:

I went to get a VQ ticket & asked what number they were up to & the guy in the blue shirt said I could just join the line there & then! So happy! :YAHOO:

Val was a delight! He acknowledged me when I walked to his table & said hi... signed my Iceman photo "You can be my wingman anytime!" :coolthumb:

Top Gun is my all-time favourite movie, so meeting him was a lifetime goal met with pure joy! He said "Lovely to meet you" & I replied the pleasure & honour was all mine. ^_^

God bless Val Kilmer!!! :wub:

• Like 2

On 7/29/2019 at 1:36 AM, JokerJosh said:

I absolutely loved meeting Val. He provided the best guest experience I have ever had:

When I went to get his autograph, I had all my diamond passes round my neck. He spotted Charlie Sheen's diamond pass and he grabbed it. I thought he was looking for his so I told him that his was here somewhere. He pulled my Charlie Sheen diamond pass towards him which pulled me across the table so I was face to face with him. He then picked up a sharpie and drew devil horns and a tail on my Charlie Sheen diamond pass. Everyone was laughing even the security who was with him. After that he then signed my Batman picture before giving me a thumbs up when I aid he was great as Batman.

Hi Joker Josh can you please upload a picture of your Charlie Sheen's diamond pass  with the devil horns and a tail 

27 minutes ago, JokerJosh said:

Sure thing. How do I upload pics

You'll need an upload site like Flickr or tinypic. You upload to one of these, copy the link and paste it in the text box on here.  It'll populate the photo in the box then for ya. :smile:

An absolute pleasure meeting Val.

When he signed my Willow photograph, I asked for the phrase "I am the greatest swordsman that ever lived." Val joked about the phrase ... "Are you the best swordsman that ever lived or is it me?" A lot of eye contact, smile and handshake. On Saturday's Photoshoot, in my turn, he grabbed my shoulder, then, the photographer stopped for a moment. During those 20 seconds of stoppage, Val took a pink quartz stone from his pocket and offered it to me. "For you," he said. I thanked him and he squeezed my shoulder. He was one of the best guests I remember. I would pay again for the signature and photo.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, gackty said:

When he signed my Willow photograph, I asked for the phrase "I am the greatest swordsman that ever lived." Val joked about the phrase ... "Are you the best swordsman that ever lived or is it me?" A lot of eye contact, smile and handshake. On Saturday's Photoshoot, in my turn, he grabbed my shoulder, then, the photographer stopped for a moment. During those 20 seconds of stoppage, Val took a pink quartz stone from his pocket and offered it to me. "For you," he said. I thanked him and he squeezed my shoulder. He was one of the best guests I remember. I would pay again for the signature and photo.

wow thats cool

2 hours ago, gackty said:

Fantastic - very special.