Love the silent auction but....

So...I loved the silent auction from LFCC Spring, an ingenius idea and better than a normal auction but there are some flaws:

• One woman on Sat was holding the only pen closest to me until it was 3pm (over.) 
  • There needs to be more crowd control or a longer table to give everyone a fair chance.
  • One of the women on the table was incredibly rude to me and my carer with a very rude attitude.
  • You need to space out the pages so that at 14:59, you're not flicking through pages with ten seconds left.
  • You need more staff there ro check that nobody's cheating, which most were....

And....

PENS!!!!!!!

3 hours ago, fastandloud said:

Would the old method be better where at 3pm they go through all the items and anyone who is at the auction can verbally bid if they want to pay more than the bid as per the sheet? 

Yes, at the last five minutes, it should then change to a normal auction to give everyone a fair chance.

Edited by Dr.1963
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Dr.1963 said:

So...I loved the silent auction from LFCC Spring, an ingenius idea and better than a normal auction but there are some flaws:

• One woman on Sat was holding the only pen closest to me until it was 3pm (over.) 
  • There needs to be more crowd control or a longer table to give everyone a fair chance.
  • One of the women on the table was incredibly rude to me and my carer with a very rude attitude.
  • You need to space out the pages so that at 14:59, you're not flicking through pages with ten seconds left.
  • You need more staff there ro check that nobody's cheating, which most were....

And....

PENS!!!!!!!

Having seen dysfunctional behaviour such as tthe above in previous years, my vote would be to move to a sealed bid type of auction.

Post your bid on a folded piece of paper into a sealed box. Bids are opened at close of auction, highest bid wins. 

No pen stealing, no  sheet hogging, no opportunity for people to start hitting each other over the head with clipboards like a fish-slapping dance. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tom Beaker said:

Having seen dysfunctional behaviour such as tthe above in previous years, my vote would be to move to a sealed bid type of auction.

Post your bid on a folded piece of paper into a sealed box. Bids are opened at close of auction, highest bid wins. 

No pen stealing, no  sheet hogging, no opportunity for people to start hitting each other over the head with clipboards like a fish-slapping dance. 

That sounds like a brilliant idea! :thumbup: (acknowledge this, Showmasters!)

• Like 1