Artist appreciation: Joshua Dunlop

I have to shout-out to Joshua Dunlop and his art stall of Pokémon Zoology. I'm fairly sure I'd seen some of those prints online a while ago but I've never been so enamored by concept art like his before. He was incredibly sweet and chatty, and took the time to explain his inspiration for some of his pieces while I looked through the portfolio. On Saturday I was there with my friend for quite a long time and ended up buying three lucky dip bags. When I got home I was raving about the stall to my dad and when we went back today, I dragged my dad to the stall because there's no possible way to describe that art and do it justice, it has to be seen to be appreciated! All in all I think I spent a total of £40 at his stall while even my dad ended up buying a Pikachu badge. I think he's an astounding asset to the stalls this year, which in general seemed a lot better and more varied this time. If you didn't see his stall, I urge you to look him up and have a leaf through his art because it is truly phenomenal! 

Oh, yes, his art is gorgeous. I first saw him at LFCC in 2017, and have been following him on Facebook since, so once I knew I was able to attend this year, I knew I'd have to find him. 

And Joshua's lovely, too. I bought a load of prints, on both Saturday and Sunday (apologies to anyone who wanted to look through the book I was hogging on Saturday!), and since I have no idea what any pokemon are actually called (except pikachu and cubone), then Joshua was kind enough to go through the book with me, while I pointed out the ones I wanted (although it probably would have been quicker to point out the ones I didn't want :lol:)  

Triple figures spent overall, for about 32 A4 prints, but money well spent! :D