Crew Appreciation

RobC

Got to say a massive thank you to Nick G and the other crew at the Val Killer Auto queue. You were all brilliant under very difficult circumstances. You all made my con weekend. And a massive amount of respect to Val, for insisting on coming back down to do some signing when not feeling great. A true gent, such a honour to meet him.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Not long back home just wanted to say thanks Showmasters 

The crew were fantastic  that I had dealings with  especially the red shirt at John Barrowman on Saturday 

But I have to take my hat off to the crew that worked Val Killmer queue on Saturday under difficult circumstances Sara Jane was polite organised professional talkative and helped the queueing go quick she was a star also thanks to red shirt sorry didn’t catch his name for the Welsh cakes

well done Showmasters 

I don't know who she was, she was crew but not in crew clothes and on Saturday she helped me with my Hayden Christensen and Val Kilmer clash by taking me to the Val shoot and getting them to let me in so I could make both shoots. Many thanks and much appreciated for your help. 

• Like 1

During my Val Kilmer autograph there was a woman dressed as Wonder Woman filming him for a documentary I believe. She filmed my interaction with him as he grabbed my Charlie Sheen diamond pass and started drawing devil horns and a tail on it.

Anyone know who the woman was as I would to see if maybe I could get that footage.

All the crew with CobraKai lads all day Saturday were amazing!!! Went beyond just crew members (except one who shouted at myself AND at the guest)

The crew around this area got a bit too into our group cosplay and out came all the burns to Daniel-san.. he was literally surrounded by cobras, no place to escape. Was the best moment of my life. Honestly lovely, fun, amazing, great and super patient with me and everyone I saw them help and interact with. Great job everyone!!!!! 

The crew were great for my photoshoots but will need to look into getting microphones or something so they don’t have to shout.

However, the red shirt guy managing Jason Momoa’s photo queue on Sat was great entertainment:

”BATCHES 1 to 8! COME ON DOWWWN!!”

Edited by andyfilm_1
  • Haha 1

The guys in the Bob Gale auto queue on Friday were excellent in difficult circumstances - particularly the lad from Huddersfield (I think he was called Ben) who did his best to keep everyone smiling despite the guests queueing for a long time to meet Bob

Thanks to all the crew who helped expedite my queuing once I showed them my extra help wristband! I had no problems with this when it came to photos and autos and at Martin Sheen's oval office I was rushed straight to the desk while one of the crew held my bags on the side which was great!

The red shirt running Robert Carlyle's queue was great and let me steal his seat when Robert was late back from lunch, he said only for a few minutes and then nothing after to ask me to move which I really appreciate. By the time Robert showed up I only had 5 minutes to get to two photo shoots that were both short and ended at the same time. He put me right behind the first person and I made it to both shoots on time. Thank you!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, andyfilm_1 said:

The crew were great for my photoshoots but will need to look into getting microphones or something so they don’t have to shout.

However, the red shirt guy managing Jason Momoa’s photo queue on Sat was great entertainment:

”BATCHES 1 to 8! COME ON DOWWWN!!”

Was that Saturday afternoon/evening?

I got to be honest, after reading a lot of post regarding the staff on Saturday I really wasn’t looking forward to going on the Sunday, but as soon as we got there I went with my brother to pick up our diamond passes now my brother is a disabled and really couldn’t walk around the corner the other side of the build so the lady on the red T-shirt walked us through the entrance by the diamond pass collection and she was lovely, the blue shirt running Matthew Lillard que was such a nice guy and made a big effort with my son and took time to explain to him that’s Matthew was tired and was having s rest, he really seemed to care that was my boy wasn’t upset, overall I thought the crew were fantastic with us so thank you all the crew I interacted with this Sunday

• Like 1

I didn't have much crew interaction this time, but everyone was wonderful.  I particularly appreciated the blue shirted lady running Billy Dee Williams's auto queue on Sunday afternoon -- keeping the walkway clear, the queue tidy, and (most importantly) let us know that she didn't know why he was late coming back from break.  It very much helps to have information volunteered (even when it is, in fact, no information), rather than to have everyone wonder what's going on and why we aren't being told anything.

Also, high marks to the efficiency of Photo B staff (at least, on the Jason Isaacs shoot).  That was an orderly queue, with good space outside it, and we could all hear the shouted information. Having previously experienced the opposite, I appreciate quality photo area queue-running.

And thanks to the photographers who told me to drop my chin a bit to avoid the glare on my glasses.  I've had other photographers (not as this event) ask me to just remove my specs to get rid of the glare, and I appreciate not being asked that.

Edited by Pir8Jenny
Forgot one!
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Dale McAree said:

I got to be honest, after reading a lot of post regarding the staff on Saturday I really wasn’t looking forward to going on the Sunday, but as soon as we got there I went with my brother to pick up our diamond passes now my brother is a disabled and really couldn’t walk around the corner the other side of the build so the lady on the red T-shirt walked us through the entrance by the diamond pass collection and she was lovely, the blue shirt running Matthew Lillard que was such a nice guy and made a big effort with my son and took time to explain to him that’s Matthew was tired and was having s rest, he really seemed to care that was my boy wasn’t upset, overall I thought the crew were fantastic with us so thank you all the crew I interacted with this Sunday

Yeah, the ones we talked to was lovely, the guy at Photo C always held my crutches for me as I took my photos and even recognised me towards the end, the lady in blue in charge of the Emilie De Ravin line was a sweat heart, when I was waiting in line for Robert Carlyle someone came up to me and asked if I needed a seat, and one of the staff who had red hair near the back where Robert Caryle was had a nice chat with me about the heat and how she's got a long way home, and after The Lana Parrilla talk I wanted to have a photo with a Cosplayer and a member of the staff took the photo for me, I had nothing but good experience with the staff, so thank you all. :)

• Like 1

Wanted to say a huge thank you to Ben, the crew member who was overseeing Tom Ellis' Sunday afternoon photoshoot. Ben helped in sorting out a major botch that occurred on Saturday. My friend was attending the Peter Serafinowicz photoshoot, which clashed with Tom Ellis. Since Peter's session was due to finish at 15.40, we were advised by another crew member to attend his first, and come to Tom's afterwards, as Tom's was finishing at 16.00. Peter's session overran, but we arrived back at Tom's shoot for 15.50, ten minutes before it was scheduled to end, only to be told, quite bluntly, that Tom had gone. I explained this to the sales desk and they were adamant that Tom's photoshoot had finished at the correct time, which it certainly had not. After some persistence the sales team wrote a note on my friend's ticket that transferred it's validity to Sunday's shoot. We wasn't holding our breaths, but this was the best we were going to get! After a rather unnerving Sunday morning we made our way to Tom's PM shoot and explained this to Ben, who read the note and helped him gain admission to the session. Ben even allowed him to join an earlier batch number queue, as he had another photoshoot clash with Val Kilmer. Thank you Ben!

Not a thread for criticisms, I know, but I found many of the photoshoot queues to be a real mess this year. Martin Sheen's Saturday shoot in particular was a nightmare and the use of electronic boards to call batches would be so much better than crew members having to shout out. Among a thousand other voices they're calls are difficult to hear and some of them were getting irate at have to keep repeating themselves!

Impressed with the crew overall. Special mention to those running photo area C and F who had a sign telling you which photo tickets and for whom. Far easier than shouting. Love the guy (didn't notice his name) in the Christopher Eccleston auto queue who let me go straight up without a vq. Only issue I had  - getting Jason Isaacs auto with my DP. Blue shirt there thought the whole punched in my card (from collecting gift) meant I had already had my auto (it was close to the auto part).Red shirt quickly sorted this out. Perhaps the DP tokens also need a specific symbol to be punched when you pick up the gift. I'm certain they did in Spring. 

Job well done and helped make a very enjoyable weekend. :clap:

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Peter Capaldi Fan said:

Impressed with the crew overall. Special mention to those running photo area C and F who had a sign telling you which photo tickets and for whom. Far easier than shouting. Love the guy (didn't notice his name) in the Christopher Eccleston auto queue who let me go straight up without a vq. Only issue I had  - getting Jason Isaacs auto with my DP. Blue shirt there thought the whole punched in my card (from collecting gift) meant I had already had my auto (it was close to the auto part).Red shirt quickly sorted this out. Perhaps the DP tokens also need a specific symbol to be punched when you pick up the gift. I'm certain they did in Spring. 

Job well done and helped make a very enjoyable weekend. :clap:

Someone needs to get this across slightly better, I had an issue related to this as I had some crew members just punching holes in random places on the badge 

Special mention for the crew for Val Kilmer on Sunday - I think they pretty much lost all their voices doing the last call for autographs.

also, the crew doing Hayden Christiansen were very efficient - with your help he got well over 200 VQ tickets done by end of day 

Edited by benweblight
  • Like 1

The crew did an excellent job this year, they were all very helpful. A special shout out to the guy running photo B on Sunday, I had three photo op's there and his queue management was fantastic and I really appreciated that he let me join the queue for Aimee Garcia's AM shoot as I had a clash with her PM shoot.

• Like 1