LFCC 2019 - An appreciation.

19 minutes ago, GreenArrow2046 said:

I know the crew are volunteers, but when there are no red shirts available and you don’t want to waste time looking for a red shirt, then you have to get on with things and make do, looking at my previous post you’ll see I spoke to a red shirt who helped me out with one of my shoots 

If you could please e-mail the office with a brief description of the volunteer who told you "your fault" with a short summary of details that would help a lot to prevent this from happening again.

You could just have asked to speak to a Pit Boss. This "wasted time" could have still been faster than what you had to go through.

I totally understand why it looks like "wasted time" at an event. But this is something that could have likely been fixed easy on the day had you found a pit boss or gone to the sales table. We've always emphasized that the crew will try to hekp, but there is only so and so much they can do.

2 hours ago, gackty said:

I know. I tried to do the AM photoshoot of Alfie Allen and Brendan Frasser to avoid the clash.
But the Staff told me it had to be in the afternoon.
Then the photoshoot of Alfie, Brendan, Val Kilmer and Christina's talk came together in the afternoon.
I went to the first one, they told me that they could not let me go, that I would go to the next ... I went to the next and they told me to go to the first ... So they had me going around for a while. In the end I sacrificed Christina's talk (which I really wanted to go to) to complete the 3 photoshoots.
If only they had let me in at the beginning of any of the 3, I could have handled it. I really don't see much disorder in letting a person who has a clash pass before, I wouldn't mind.

By the way, I have another complaint.
All my photos of PHOTO A are somewhat blurred.
Philiph Zhao, Ricci and Patrick. The 3 a little blurry.
The rest of the PHOTO areas, no problem.
One does not expect this from the largest convention in Europe.

The sales table would have helped you, or a Pit Boss like it's been said a number of time. Did you try the sales table?

Would you mind posting a scan of your pictures? The latter two sessions were quite large, and no one reported a problem so far. I looked at my own Ricci picture and it is fine.

Personally, I had a clash with two photoshoots, the team was very helpful. I was just asking which one I should do first (I was batch 3 for both) because one was starting sooner (but it was a DP guest). I was just told to wait there and I could join the queue just after the DP and gold passes. It went smoothly :)

Sometime too literally nothing can be done. On the Saturday the chaos of Ian Somerhalders overrun and the moving of Mamoa meant huge delays at areas C/B. There was then also a huge delay at H for Robert Carlyle at the same time. People were screaming and demanding answers but what can they advise? They had literally no idea when shoots would happen and each area had the equivalent of 3 photo shoots worth of people round it all trying to speak to blue/red shirts. An absolute impossibility. Almost everyone had some sort of clash. They couldn’t let everyone in just do the best they could in difficult circumstances. I think they did very well indeed getting all the shoots completed.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Ravogd said:

Sometime too literally nothing can be done. On the Saturday the chaos of Ian Somerhalders overrun and the moving of Mamoa meant huge delays at areas C/B. There was then also a huge delay at H for Robert Carlyle at the same time. People were screaming and demanding answers but what can they advise? They had literally no idea when shoots would happen and each area had the equivalent of 3 photo shoots worth of people round it all trying to speak to blue/red shirts. An absolute impossibility. Almost everyone had some sort of clash. They couldn’t let everyone in just do the best they could in difficult circumstances. I think they did very well indeed getting all the shoots completed.

I absolutely agree with all of this. Which is rare. Kudos to you RavGav.

Let's face it, there was only one person to blame for the chaos in areas B & C on Saturday afternoon. But I forgive him because his eyes are sooooooooo dreamy.

• Haha 2

On 8/5/2019 at 10:06 PM, Queen_Sindel said:

The sales table would have helped you, or a Pit Boss like it's been said a number of time. Did you try the sales table?

Would you mind posting a scan of your pictures? The latter two sessions were quite large, and no one reported a problem so far. I looked at my own Ricci picture and it is fine.

I just downloaded some pictures.

Here is an example. Just a cut of the photos, without editing anything else.

e11bb9d4183ef128e8d0d67f7577045ao.jpg

f677401cbb12d579b8570ed62e1f7961o.jpg

4 hours ago, gackty said:

I just downloaded some pictures.

Here is an example. Just a cut of the photos, without editing anything else.

I apologize in advance cause it is probably my own eyesight. I don't see any blurry with Christina and the "off" thing I am seeing with Robert I would have blamed on the photo sizing of the cut out. 

I will forward your comment, but I can absolutely see why no one at the photo session caught it.  

*Edit - Posted in wrong thread, sorry*.

Bar one confusing incident I had an amazing time at LFCC.  Definitely a great way to end a 14 year attendance on (I've attended LFCC for 14 years, general conventions for 29 years).   All guests I met were amazing.  The staff was great and I had a lovely time, thank you.  

Edited by Legolassie Malfoy
  • Like 2