LFCC 2019 - An appreciation.

17 minutes ago, natedammit said:

24 minutes ago, VikingGrrrl said:

"Viking's LFCC 2019: The Totally True Version"

'...and just as Tom Ellis got down on one knee to propose to me, in ran Ian Somerhalder screaming "get away from my woman"'

Actually, Tom Ellis burst into song. It was "Get you hands off my woman" by The Darkness.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, natedammit said:

'...and just as Tom Ellis got down on one knee to propose to me, in ran Ian Somerhalder screaming "get away from my woman"'

16 minutes ago, wjbleming said:

Actually, Tom Ellis burst into song. It was "Get you hands off my woman" by The Darkness.

I'm liking this version :wub:

16 hours ago, natedammit said:

15 hours ago, wjbleming said:

Actually it was "Get that man away from my girlfriend so help me" 

PartialPessimisticKingbird-max-1mb.gif

• Haha 5

Hello everyone,

It's been the third year in a row I attented LFCC (and DST last year for the first time) and I was still very pleased to be there. I spent a great week end and I have the after con blues like many here I guess. That's why I am writing my appreciations here. It's like reliving the con again!! This year I decided to do only one comic con (the London one) because I was so disappointed by the other so my budget was higher than usual :D.

So first, thank you Showmaster for organizing this event! Thanks for all the people running it (blue and red shirts people and the ones we did not see). Very helpful during the event when I was lost (I thought it was photoshoot D on Friday but didn't pay attention it was H instead of D: I was told the right info) or when I had a clash and was just asking which one I should go first and I could join batch 1 instead of my batch 3 so I can calmly go the other shoot, their good mood #NotPicard, etc

I was like a child ans seeing the other people admiring their photos with their favourite actors, I cannot stop thinking that I must have the same face or the same feeling. LFCC brings so much joy and happiness! I had more photoshoots than usual (13) and only get one autograph. The temperature was quite cool except in the photoshoot area and the guest signing area, more crowded.

I wanted to write more but as English is not my first language, I think you got the point! See you maybe during the Winter LFCC, depending on the line up but this year, I wish I could have an unlimited budget! I still have some regrets about guests I chose not to meet especially after reading your stories!

Thanks for reading me. Wei

• Like 7

This year's Facebook posts have really improved, especially with video posts. Actually showing people where to collect their DP passes is a brilliant move as it gives a perfectly clear picture to all as to where to go. Can I suggest for next time one of the team does a video walk around from the front of the building (in front of the train station) to the entry gate H. I saw a few comments of people saying I don't know where to go or I'll get lost but a video post of the route to the gate would be helpful to a lot of people. 

With that aside, this year's con was perfect for me. All shoots spaced out perfectly, all autographs got & plenty of time in between for a cheeky purchase or 8! The more I go to these events the more I think about volunteering. Been going since 2007 & might enjoy seeing it from the other side of the table for a change.

• Like 4

• Showmasters Admin
4 hours ago, englishjim said:

This year's Facebook posts have really improved, especially with video posts. Actually showing people where to collect their DP passes is a brilliant move as it gives a perfectly clear picture to all as to where to go. Can I suggest for next time one of the team does a video walk around from the front of the building (in front of the train station) to the entry gate H. I saw a few comments of people saying I don't know where to go or I'll get lost but a video post of the route to the gate would be helpful to a lot of people. 

I was one of the Facebook mods doing these videos (G), i'm so glad to hear it helped people before the event! We did have a few more planned but due to circumstances we didn't get chance to do these, but we are looking to hopefully do it again next year! 

• Like 4

What can I say that hasn't already been said? Another fantastic year! This event just gets better & better! :YAHOO:

All the guests I met were lovely, & it was great to catch up with a few friends as well. My son had a fabulous extended 18th birthday weekend. :drunk:

Definitely making this event our annual trip from now on, as there have been guests we haven't met every single year we have been so far. ^_^

Kudos to all the volunteers, pit bosses, guest handlers & staff that make these events run so well, didn't have any issues or clashes all weekend. :coolthumb:

Also, for a weekend that could have been totally ruined by my bank card completely failing on me, it has also shown me I have some truly AMAZING & selfless friends, & for that I am truly thankful! You know who you are, & you're all on my Christmas card list!!!  :wub:

PS: Special shout-out to Jason Joiner, of course... without you, these events wouldn't happen, & we appreciate all the hard work you put in year after year! xxx

• Like 5

All the guests I met were great and the only photo shoot I had ran smoothly and on time.

The only downsides for me was the air con clearly can't cope with the amount of people in the venue and needs updating along with the lifts not working properly, if the building isn't up standard maybe a new location needs to be looked into. More information would be nice about guest running late in future and people should be asked to pay for the auto's and start to queue up until the guests are at least on the way to the desks, I was waiting for one for nearly 3/4 of an hour and couldn't go anywhere as I had already given the VQ ticket over and paid for the autos. The last thing was the rise in the prices of the prop shoots I don't know why they were double the price of the previous events.

5 minutes ago, defender05 said:

All the guests I met were great and the only photo shoot I had ran smoothly and on time.

The only downsides for me was the air con clearly can't cope with the amount of people in the venue and needs updating along with the lifts not working properly, if the building isn't up standard maybe a new location needs to be looked into. More information would be nice about guest running late in future and people should be asked to pay for the auto's and start to queue up until the guests are at least on the way to the desks, I was waiting for one for nearly 3/4 of an hour and couldn't go anywhere as I had already given the VQ ticket over and paid for the autos. The last thing was the rise in the prices of the prop shoots I don't know why they were double the price of the previous events.

Upgrading the air con would do very little, it’s a Victorian building with a glass roof and zillions of people, it’s going to get hot. They also only recently moved to the Olympia which as pretty much anyone will tell you is much much better than the Excel was. I get what you mean about the guests and the tables but that’s the chance you take. They have to have the queue ready for the guest as soon as they arrive. It’s better that than the guest sits down and then they start trying to get people to choose pics, organise change etc. They can only go with the info they have, if they get told the guest will be back at 3pm and the guest is late there is nothing they can do about that.

2 minutes ago, Ravogd said:

Upgrading the air con would do very little, it’s a Victorian building with a glass roof and zillions of people, it’s going to get hot. They also only recently moved to the Olympia which as pretty much anyone will tell you is much much better than the Excel was. I get what you mean about the guests and the tables but that’s the chance you take. They have to have the queue ready for the guest as soon as they arrive. It’s better that than the guest sits down and then they start trying to get people to choose pics, organise change etc. They can only go with the info they have, if they get told the guest will be back at 3pm and the guest is late there is nothing they can do about that.

Earls Court, not Excel. ;) Excel is out for… reasons. ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

Earls Court, not Excel. ;) Excel is out for… reasons. ;)

My brain won’t work today. Memory gone. I’ve just upgraded Microsoft Office on 25 PC’s this morning. I have Excel burned in my brain right now :mellow:

• Haha 2

• Moderators
23 minutes ago, Ravogd said:

If I had just a penny for every time a guest has revealed on the way back to their desk from a photo/talk/lunch etc (or on the way to  a photo/talk) that actually they need to use the facilities/grab a snack/go out for a smoke/etc before they get there, I wouldn't be rich but I could probably buy lunch. We do our best to estimate what time guests will be back at their desks but they're human beings with minds of their own (and apparently implanting trackers into them all is unethical or something...)

• Haha 2

On 7/29/2019 at 8:05 PM, mark worton said:

I haven't seen an Aimee Garcia appreciation thread so I'll add my thoughts here her signature was like reading an essay so much thought & time went into everything she wrote such an amazing lady 

Couldn't agree more, she was absolutely fantastic.
When I asked her to sign her photo to "Yvonne & Jonathan" she asked where Yvonne was & when I told her that she couldn't come as she had to work she told me to get my phone out so she could record a video for her.
I somehow managed to keep calm & coordinated & hit record & she recorded a really sweet video message for my wife.

• Like 1

I attended Sunday this year and I have to say it was the most relaxed event I've been to in years! Everything ran smoothly, the crew did a great job and all the guests I met were lovely! I couldn't have been happier with the experience. I also bought some friends with me this year to their first event and they had a great time too!

One of the things I like most about SM is they will always take on feedback from attendees and every year they make improvements, thank you so much to everyone that makes these events possible. Looking forward to next year already!

• Like 2

I had a great time. Thank you to Jason and team for putting together another excellent show. 

I don't bother collecting autographs anymore so just opt for photo shoots. I had shoots with Adam Baldwin, Val Kilmer, William Zabka, Martin Sheen, Franco Nero and Robert Carlyle. I enjoyed the brief interactions with all the guests.

It was great meeting legends such as Martin Sheen and Val Kilmer. It was very special of Val to attend due to his health problems and give his fans the chance to meet him. I especially liked meeting Robert Carlyle who starred in one of my favourite films. 

I wanted to give a special thank you to a crew member who was holding the microphone during the Robert Carlyle talk on the Saturday. I almost missed the talk due to a photo shoot being delayed so just caught the last 10 minutes or so. I was stood at the back but was able to ask Robert a question about working on The Beach, one of my favourite movies. I did thank the crew member at the event but hope she realises she made my day. 

See you next year, if not before. 

• Like 4