LFCC 2019 - An appreciation.

Been on this forum nearly a year so thought it time I started a topic.  :laugh:

For me this weekend was close to perfect. What wasn't didn't spoil anything. 

The guests  - great variety. The ones I met were very friendly. Going home with some great autographs. 

The photo sessions  - with the occasional blip mine worked very well. Brilliant photos to look back on. 

The crew - the ones I had any dealings with were helpful and friendly. Happy to sort any clashes. Always someone more senior to help out. I was lucky not to see any of the problems some have had. Thank you to all the crew for your hard work. It's not easy for such a big event.

I could go on but you get the gist of how much I enjoyed the weekend. Be great to hear your thoughts good or bad. 

Finally  - it was lovely to meet some of the forum members. You know who you are. 

:clap:

• Like 8

I had an unforgettable time at LFCC on Sat! 

Lows:

The queue for Val Kilmer’s photo shoot at booth E was quite hectic. The blue shirt guy did his best but really needed a microphone for everyone to hear him. There were a few people mis-hearing “Diamond Batch 1” as “Batch 1” and entering the queue. Luckily the blue shirt guy spotted this and got them out and got more help from more crew!

Highs:

Literally everything else! All the guests were so friendly!:

Jason Issacs - A true gentleman 

Christina Ricci - Very sweet

Hugh Quashire - The nicest man in the world! Very chatty.

Manu Bennett - I regretted only getting a photo with him as he was really nice at the shoot and wanted to chat some more. Will def get an auto with him next time!

Val Kilmer - Despite the queueing chaos, he was so nice and happy to see everyone. Absolute honour meeting him!

Peter Serafinowicz - His photo shoot was insane! He wanted to do funny poses with everybody and he was just such great fun! One of the main highlights of my day!

Alfie Allen & Gemma Whelan - Alfie was really great with me and Gemma was hilarious with her funny dancing in my photo.

Robert Patrick - He is a legend to me and did not disappoint! Really warm and made you feel special.

Lennie James - Like Manu Bennett, I need to get an auto with him next time for a proper chat. Lovely bloke.

As I said before, I had an unforgettable time at LFCC and can’t thank Showmasters enough for the memories that will last a lifetime! Thank you!

• Like 7

Had an amazing three days at LFCC, a huge well done to Jason and the team! Yes there were a few issues with delays (Matthew Lillard shoot being 2 hours late on Saturday) but we just patiently waited and got our photo. These things can’t be helped and it was the only issue we had all weekend :thumbup: we loved every guest we met and really enjoyed the Joe Flanagan talk today. Just wanted to give a shout out to one crew member Andrew (I think that’s his name, big Scottish man). He did an amazing job Saturday afternoon/evening with all the chaos at photo area C.

Already can’t wait for LFCC 2020! :D

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, andyfilm_1 said:

Jason Issacs - A true gentleman 

I have to agree, I didn't meet him. But whilst waiting for Emilie De Ravin to arrive this morning watched how he interacted with everybody. He really took time out for everybody who came to get his autograph.

• Like 2

Had a good time. Thanks very much Showmasters!

It wasn’t very stressful compared to previous years, but for me it didn’t compare as well as last year’s (having accomplished meeting all surviving male Doctors).

The lows:

Guest and photoshoot areas getting crowded. I’m now starting to refer to those areas as mosh pits. :lol:

This is beyond Showmasters’ control but did notice the smell of fish mid-afternoon in the Grand Hall, most notably near the fish & chip restaurant area.

A few too many stalls selling Pop Vinyl figures.

3-day and 1-day pass holders having to go through seperate gates. On Friday, the 3-day holders had to wait in a queue to collect or present their passes while the 1-day holders went ahead. My friend did this (instead of waiting) but security and others let me rejoin my friend. This did improve the next day.

The highs:

Morning queue layout - better organised so no tape-jumping.

Comic Zone guests - very chatty and friendly, notably Andrew Cartmel and Ian Richardson.

Seeing my friend get Gina Torres’ autograph, completing his Firefly main cast autograph collection.

The slush stall - helped me cool down, especially with my 7th & 12th Doctor cosplays.

Better queue layout for the Sales Desk - more orderly rather than a mob-like crowd.

I had a good time and for me, it  felt it was more cosplay-orientated, which is usually  the main reason I attend events like these.

Thanks once again for a great event.

• Like 6

I was really impressed with the relative lack of cancellations this year. Heard loads of people saying 'oh that means there will be loads of cancellation in the last week' and apart from Alex, they never came. Well done to the guests, SM and lady luck! 

Edited by tenaciouspirit
  • Like 7

Overall I thought the event was done very well, staff were all incredibly kind and the talks were amazing although I must say some of the people attending have no respect (only a small percent) and this has nothing to do with showmasters but seriously seeing people barging through and skipping queues etc just generally being disrespectful is disgraceful but still overall was very enjoyable... also side note please if you’re going to sit on a chair at the event, please pull up your trousers  or pull down your top, just cover up some way lol

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

What always thrills me is hearing the positive experience folk have meeting their hero’s/idols and just how gracious and charming they usually are !

Chris Eccleston came back!! Was thinking last year might have been a one off, but clearly he wasn’t put off by anything 

so nice to read such positive comments about Mr Sheen, I saw some of the photo shoot at the Desk, what an absolute gent! 

I usually stop over in London while attending, but wasn’t able to this year , so I experienced the full joy of queuing round the building, I really did feel for those folk who’d opted for cosplay who had to stand in the rain for an hour. 

A couple of grumbles aside, was really happy with my day at Olympia :-)

• Like 4

Overall I had a great weekend at lfcc I won’t rant the problems i this post I think I expressed them in day 1 and 2 posts and still had the same issues today sadly hopefully next year this will be addressed I have faith 

my highs 

amiee Garcia- she’s amazing such a super bubbly happy person and I’m now in her Instagram feed. Some what embarrassed and a little awkward but I’m on there and she was just so lovely really worth the money spent on her

matthew illiard- what a crazy guy but so much fun I enjoyed his talk open and honest, feet hugs and funny interactions 

Ian somerhalder - I wasn’t fussed before but got his dp pass had his photo really impressed with how amazing he was to all people with n his queue I was first this morning for photo he bare hugged me and wouldn’t let go told me I smelt nice, I heard up a sign in the photo shoot that said who ‘who needs Edward Cullen when you have a Salvatore brother, he looked at it smiled and shouted spam Edward Cullen who **** needs him and then high fives me. At this point I died of happiness and may of slightly wet myself looking into his eyes same at his auto queue had time for everyone and worth the wait gentleman, im done swooning now lol

manu Bennett- fan don’t look in to those eyes I was hypnotised and those tanned muscles (I am a woman I will look I will perv and I will appreciate the fine contours of that man) pulled me in for hug at auto table and kissed me in the check I may never wash that cheek again 

robert Carlyle- got my photo Sunday afternoon we where told no poses no touching no hugs but he did give a very good hug and was just lovely so pleased shame I didn’t get his auto one I missed 

david Morrisey- loved him in the films about born romantic we talked about for a long time as no one was in his queue and said it was his favourite film to do as he had to learn salsa, we then talked about his love of love island and my hate for it 

I meet so many guests this weekend.

blake Harrison, Emily de Ravin, Tom Felton, Finn Jones, Ben Barnes, joe Thomas, Brendan frasier all fab in there own way

layout so much better more space to move around must admit I did get lost a few times but I’m rubbish with directions I can get lost in a lift lol 

great guest variety this year also got to met some of you fab people on the forum finally still a few I missed but great meeting you it’s been a pleasure 

• Like 6

Great weekend so here's some of my quick off top of my head thoughts on it:

Lows:

The queueing could have been better in places. There was a few times we were standing not knowing what was going on or not moving.

Ian Somerhalder was oversold. I always know VQs are never a guarantee of an auto bit when we left this evening at roughly 5pm, and that's not the issue, but the queue was a mile long (or it looked like it at least. lol) and he was running late with all his activities due to how nice he was with those he was meeting. (Meam that as constructive criticism so apologoes if it comes across as anything other than that. Just that he was oversold, similar to how Matt Smith and Peter Capaldi were last year.)

My brother completely vanishing as I turned to gather my stuff from the floor! :chair: One moment he's there, I turn and he's bleeding gone!!

Highs:

Jason Isaacs.  Thoughts on him are here: 

Emilie De Ravin was so sweet! She was very nice at the autograph session when I met her yesterday afternoon and this morning in the photoshoot!

John Barrowman. His photoshoots don't need any intro (more on this when I get the photoshoots scanned when we get home.) and he was very good when meeting for his auto.

Tom Felton was very down to earth as well.

Enjoyed Manu Bennett's panel on the Friday.  Was a good sport.

The best thing, to me though, was being able to meet people from here. Honestly, it made the event so much better. It was the first time I felt like part of a community, to use the word, and really did mean a lot to be able to speak to a lot of people from here. So to those who I spoke to, and/or hung out with over the weekend, thank you! Really! It made the weekend so much better, by far!

• Like 7

Agree with all the above, I can't comment much about the stalls as I only had a couple of cursory strolls around, but the guest selection this year was really good and yes, we were certainly blessed with an amazing lack of cancellations.

And although there are always problems I actually think the photoshoot organisation was better than previous years.  Most of the problems just stem from the guest turning up late as far as I can tell - if the guest shows up promptly, things tend to run smoothly.

• Like 1

Oh yeah about the stalls! There was a guy running a stall that I didn't get the name of but he was so nice to me! I bought a Legolas figuring for my friend after he helped me find it. Afterwards I found a seat nearby and he came running up to me saying he had found a sword and an arrow that went along with it and I could have them for free. He came back a few minutes later and gave me a jaffa cake. I never got his name but thank you!

• Like 3

The biggest high was seeing my wife meet Ian Somerhalder. She had been looking forward to it for so long, had her pose all planned out any everything (some kind of 'almost touch' for any vampire diaries fans) and it all went perfectly for her. I sometimes feel a bit used to the whole meeting celebs thing, so it's sometimes hard to get starstruck. But seeing her so giddy was amazing.

Also Hayden was such a gentleman, so polite and really took care to ensure guests got what they wanted :) 

As mentioned, the lack of cancellations, general manner of most guests, smooth running of all my activities and variety of stuff to enjoy was also amazing

Edited by tenaciouspirit
  • Like 8

27 minutes ago, GreenArrow2046 said:

Just a small update at the moment, Guy Henry is amazing, that man was so down to earth and talking to everyone for ages, I hope Showmasters get him back soon as I would like to get a professional photo op with him :thumbup:

The man is a complete 'gentleman'. I met him at the theatre and he couldn't be more nicer if he tried. Willing to talk with you and likes signing Rogue One. Probably as he get to play the legend that was Peter Cushing. Everyone has a different perception of how the guests came accross to them. All I can say is that for me, I found the smaller guests to be more engaging. I said this previously but I will repeat it again, there should NOT be novices on the autograph tables. One of them when the gold pass people entered the autograph area wouldn't give out the VQ tickets saying we had to wait until 9am. Yet all the others were handing them out freely the moment gold pass holders got to the autograph area. Another one didn't know what she was doing at the table. She said to people that they had to pay first then go to the back of the queue. Which is the total opposite of how things usually run. If a novice does have to be doing these roles, then they should either be briefed fully or have someone with them more 'experienced'.

The only lows I had was that it was way too hot which isn’t anyone’s fault and the photo shoots were way too overcrowded! I also had to miss my Jessica Henwick photo which I was gutted about because everything was overrunning! But other than that the people were great and the guests I met were amazing, I hope that Hayden Christensen comes back next year as he was an amazing guest. Best con I have been too, I’m already looking forward to next year!

Edited by Readie19
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Chris1970 said:

Remind me to write my thoughts when I get home. Too tired now. But it has been super duper fantasticallydipetydoo great!!

I’m tempted to do one of those brilliant posts that Wrong Name always does but I could never be as good or as articulate so I’ll post my rambling nonsense here within the next day or two.

EDIT: You’re home now Chris. Write your thoughts.

Edited by Ravogd
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Ravogd said:

I’m tempted to do one of those brilliant posts that Wrong Name always does but I could never be as good or as articulate so I’ll post my rambling nonsense here within the next day or two.

Soon home! Nap in a train for an hour first. I will have to wait until later. Probably be up late tonight scanning photos so might write then.

Edited by Chris1970

45 minutes ago, Ravogd said:

I was hoping people had forgotten about that! Guess I'd better start writing one now with praise like that! :P

Edited by Wrong Name
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Wrong Name said:

I was hoping people had forgotten about that! Guess I'd better start writing one now! :P

Do it! Do it! :D

I thought I would try and write one as well, but when I tried to take some notes on Friday evening my brain had already forgotten a lot, so that's not happening :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, VikingGrrrl said:

I thought I would try and write one as well, but when I tried to take some notes on Friday evening my brain had already forgotten a lot, so that's not happening :lol:

I never take notes, and I'm always surprised how much I remember when I write them. My memory is beyond terrible!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, VikingGrrrl said:

Write it, and for any parts you can't remember, just make it up.

Call it 'Viking's Variable Version of Events'.

• Haha 1