Guest Experiences From The Weekend

I had some fantastic experiences with guests during the weekend:

Christina Ricci was very chatty. She spoke to me about how beautiful my home city is (Bath) and about how I wanted to be an actor. Then when I met her for a photo the next day she remembered me, which I was extremely happy about.

Jason Isaacs was talking to everyone. He was shocked when I said I was a fan of the films and insisted I carry on reading the books, after I told him I was in process of it (even though it has been a while :P).

Robert Carlyle was an utterly fantastic guest! It was the first time I have seen a guest who was actually giving people at the photo shoots a kiss on the cheek! Again, he was very talkative...and I think he is one of the best guests I have met before, and I already have my DP calendar up!  

Lana Parrilla was taking the time to do poses with everyone, after wanting to meet her for a very long time I was not disappointed but I haven’t heard any different! She wasn’t doing personalisations but sneakily leant over and asked me my name. But, I had a cringy experience with her at the autograph table as all my words just went and when I tried to ask her to sign in a certain place in my book all that came out was: “Could you sign...” and at this point she had already started but stopped and leant over and said: “What do you want me to write?” She was a very memorable guest. And may I say looks absolutely STUNNING in real life.

Tom Ellis was great but when I met him at the photo opportunity all my words just went and when he asked how I was all I said was: “Ah...uh...um...yeah I’m fine thanks, you?” And he was very nice about it. However, he had a straight face in my photo which I was quite disappointed about :blink:.

Tom Felton was very nice but shy. 

Val Kilmer was doing what he could and it was an absolute honour to meet him!

Emilie De Ravin was great! And I love her autograph (puts so much effort into every single person’s)!

Sorry the last few are short but I know most of you would be bored reading it :laugh:

i had a fantastic weekend, the organisation was brilliant and it was definitely one of/if not the best cons I have ever been to. So, thank you SM!

Edited by theEmperor
  • Like 6

Over the friday and weekend........

William Zabka.... Lovely guy.   Took time at auto and was welcoming and friendly at photo.

Jason Isaacs... Really lovely man.   Bery chatty and told a few funny stories about filming on set.   Again really nice at photo and took time to comment on my Harry Potter tee.

William Shatner... He made my husbands weekend with a fist bump.   Has a lovely charming smile and was welcoming smd friendly.

Tom Ellis...  Was very friendly.   Busy at auto which we only just managed to grab last thing Sunday after a late photoshoot but still was engaged and friendly.

Manu Bennett... Had us in fits of laughter at auto table with stories he was telling.  Lovely guy.  

Lee Majors...  He was busy but friendly.  We asked if he was having a good time and he gave a little laugh amd saod ask me again at 6pm when i see howtired I am.

Zachary Quinto... Friendly but one of quiter ones at auto.   Only my husband got photo and he said he was friendly then also.

Robert Carlyle... Lovely. Really loved meeting him.   Picked up on my Scottish accent straighr away lol.

Brendan Fraser.... Nice guy.  Got auto early on Sunday and he was very nice.   We had a laugh sbout us being from Scotland and not knowing what the big hot thing in sky was lol.

Walter Koening... My husband went and got his auto while i was queuing elsewhere.  Said he was very nice but seemed very tired.  He was being asked to do interview and my husband said yoy could tell he was really tired but he didnt refuse juat asked for a few minutes to gather himself.

Ian Somerhalder... Wow!!!   I upgraded to DP just a few days before con and so glad I did.   He was crazy busy but gave everyone he met so much time.  He was fantastic. 

• Like 4

Went on Friday only just to catch up with one guest....the absolutely and always wonderful Michael Shanks...generous with his time, giving out the best hugs in his photo ops and always great for a chat. Lovely selfies at the table too.

Never miss a chance to spend time with him when he's over here

k8CaEaQ.jpg

• Like 6

Some of my meetings at LFCC this year. ^_^

Carry Anne Moss: So nice and so patient. Her calm rubbed off on me. I wanted to ask her questions but she started off and asked me a few instead. We talked about Silent Hill movie. We had fun and one of my highlights this weekend.

Christina Ricci: Greet me with a big smile and a big handshake. She wanted to know where I was from and she had many questions about it (for those who do not know..I am from Sweden). We also talked about her movie Lizzie Borden and she was so happy to talk about it. Talked abit about Sleepy Hollow as well. Met her at photo later and remembered me. That was cool!

Jason Isaacs: Now, here is someone I could sit for hours and hours and chat with. Funny and patient. Of some reason we talked about fixing up your house and all the work to do so. And he gave me the best answer anyone has given me this weekend. I suggested that we all should have a house elf which would help alot. He told me "I had one, until a pesty four eyes took it from me" What a legend!

Genevieve Gaunt: What a dream! Had both photo and auto with her and we talked Knightfall the 2nd season, and a possible 3rd season. When I was there it was pretty calm so I had the longest chat with her of all guests. We talked London, food, filming, theater.. So so so wonderful. Did not want to leave. 

Brendan Fraser: He was as I imagined. Just like in the movies. The voice as I know it. greeted me with "Hello Buddy" both at auto and photo. Asked me if I am ok in the hot hall, drinking enough water. A genuine nice guy.

Gemma Whelan: Funny! And so down to earth. We had a good laugh and commented the Yara Greyjoy photo I had picked picked for signing. "Best place to sign was over her plastic b**bs! What a charmer!

Alfie Allen: A right through nice guy and very patient. Calm and took time both at photo and auto. I thank him for that he did with Theon, they way he made him come alive from the books. And I congratulated him on the Emmy nomination and he shined up with a big smile. 

Ian Whyte: Tall! Very tall! Cool guy. talked about the costumes he had to put on for GoT and Prometheus. All the work behind it. Such a great guy! Did I mention tall?!

Kerry Ingram: First she was abit shy, but I guess that is her as a person, I can be so too so I can pick it up kind of soon. But we got to to talk about GoT and about one of the cruelest scenes in the series, she was in it, and how hard it was on all involved. Such a nice lady and so wonderful.

Paul Blake: Always fun to talked to people involved in the first Star Wars and this guy could talk and tell stories. He admitted "Han shot first, or at least a better shooter" 

Tom Felton: A cool guy who took his time with both signing and photo. Commented my t-shirt, first with a good thump on my chest and then said "Love it!" and wanted to know where I got it. It says "Borgin & Burkes - Knockturn Alley" on it. So great!

Tara Fitzgerald: We talked all things, filming and travelling, how different hotel rooms can be. Both auto and photo and she remembered me at photo and greeted me there with "Oh, here is my big swedish guy". I can live with that!

Aimee Garcia: She could talk! And so curious and wanted to know everything. At photo she told me straight out.."You! let's do a hug photo" So fun and so great!

Emilie De Ravin: We talked Australia, part of the time when I lived there I lived in the same town she is from. We calculated that I might have seen her then and we joked I should have come up and said "hi". I want to add that she got one of the most wonderful signatures.

Edited by Chris1970
  • Like 9

All of my guest experiences were fine, but most were (understandably) fairly brief. These ones really stood out:

Emilie De Ravin was an absolute delight, and thanks to her hair billowing gently from a fan, also looked like something from a Wayne's World-esque vision. Trust the Aussie guest to be doing just fine in the heat while the rest of us melted. As everyone seems to agree, a truly gorgeous-looking signature. She chatted to me about Rian Johnson's first film Brick, and Michael Mann's Public Enemies. And she called me darlin', so yes, 10/10.

Gina Torres is a very pleasant and kindly supernatural being of some sort who remains completely unaffected while the cruel and uncaring sands of time wear the rest of us mortal creatures down piece by piece. Good for her.

Christina Ricci. Tied with Winona Ryder as my earliest crush. A brief encounter, but very nice, and such a key figure from my childhood thanks to various films. A few years ago Casper Van Dien signed my copy of Sleepy Hollow and said I should get the other actors on there, singling out Christina. I laughed at the very idea of it being possible. His wife even joined in. Johnny Rico from Buenos Aires, we should have never doubted you.

Jason Momoa's queue took... a wee while and I'd been led to believe from people's past encounters that due to sheer numbers he might barely even have time to look up, so I was happy enough to get a "How you doing, man?" "I'm good, man, how are you?" exchange out of it. But my best interaction came later in the day when a voice behind me suddenly apologised in that 'clearly trying to cut through here' sort of way. I moved instinctively and turned, realising only then that the person I'd moved for was Momoa (or, to quote the awestruck European man a few feet away, "It vas de Aquaman!"). That put a smile on my face. Then a short while later he came back the other way and apologised again ("Sooorrrry, guys!"). I like that I was an obstacle a member of the Justice League had to repeatedly overcome. Clearly good manners on the big fella, and I've been winding up the gals at work, so good stuff there.

Martin Sheen. Wow. What an absolutely wonderful man. I realised in his queue that my copy of Apocalypse Now had picked up some damage, which was disappointing and may haunt me forever, so I changed to a backup item, but my encounter with him was lovely. It looked like I was going to just scrape by as his last person of the day, but as he was signing he asked how many were left and said "Send them in, I declare". In the best possible way he really does carry himself with the air of an old school politician. Very respectful, humble, and pleasant, taking his time to ask people how they are and shaking hands. This one meant a lot.

Charlie Sheen is the only person I've ever seen become as frustrated by silver Sharpies as myself (truly the least reliable of Sharpie, but when they work they can look great), which amused and pleased me. Truth be told, I wasn't sure what to expect from him, and having had a few items marred with awful, barely visible signatures in the past, it was nice that he seemed to care. He switched pens about four times. Felt a bit out of place standing there holding a Platoon DVD in a sea of people with Two and a Half Men photos (never really watched the show). One of my favourite quotes from the day: "Argh! These frickin' pens are s#*t, man! I'm sorry! Is it okay? Are ya sure?"

Val Kilmer was an emotional one. So many films I've loved at different times of my life. My first ever big screen Batman, both as a childhood cinema outing and as an actual real life encounter. To see him in difficulty was upsetting, but he was making an effort and smiling, and it was an inspiration. I wish him the very best. And my copy of Heat looks great (gold Sharpie for the win, yo).

Oh, and Robert Picardo loves the first two thirds of Hail Caesar, but then he thinks it gets weird. Pass it on.

My last one was Robert Patrick. As I left he stopped me, switched to an icy T-1000 stare and told me to watch myself. Great to see someone having a bit of fun, and I now have the second film signed by him to put next to my copy of the original, signed by Michael Biehn. 

Edit: I'd like to add that this was my first time coming to the big summer con. I came down from Newcastle on my own and without a coat on an overnight bus after work on Saturday, I don't know London well at all, and barring a few missed guests it was a very successful outing. And I accidentally wound up right outside Buckingham Palace after the event, so that was fun.

Edited by Joey JoJo Junior Shabadoo
  • Like 7

Not many compared to some of you guy's on here but they were the only ones I wanted to get this year, I was only there on Saturday.

Alan Harris - (Boskk The Bounty Hunter from Empire Strikes Back) - I'd been wanting to meet him for a while, so was determined to see him this time, there was no queue when I got to his table, he introduced himself to me when I walked up which was really nice & he came across as a very down to earth guy & was happy to talk about his time on the original Star Wars trilogy, he actually appeared in all three films playing various characters & also had a part in the Phantom Menace.
I firmly believe that if you are a Star Wars fan & in particular of the original trilogy, you should definitely try & meet some of these so called lesser known people, however small a part they played, they were still there on set when history was being made & deserve our thanks & gratitude.

Billy Dee Williams - I had not expected to be able to get his autograph as I hadn't gone for a DP but manged to secure VQ ticket 100 when the doors were opened & hoped to maybe get him way later in the day. I headed to his queue at around 2pm & was stunned when the guy running his line said that he was up to 400 on VQ's & I quote "absolutely smashing it".
I knew before I got in line that I wasn't going to get a long life changing talk with him but for me it was more about meeting the guy & thanking him for his work in Star Wars.
His line moved really quickly & I was at the front in under 10 minutes, he was personalising items which I was surprised at, you handed your item & what you wanted on it to his manager who passed them onto him & told him exactly what was required, he took his time signing & checked that he had the correct spelling of my name.
I thanked him & received a "Lando / Billy Dee smile" & a "Thank You" back, which I was very happy with.
In summary, he's is in his 80's & I was happy just to have a few seconds of his time & get his autograph to add to my collection, which for me completed the big stars from the original trilogy with the exception of Harrison Ford which I know is not going to happen.

Aimee Garcia - My wife & I are recent converts to Lucifer, I had been banned from meeting Tom Ellis without her being there (Can't think why?) but she had granted grudging permission for me to try & meet Aimee G.
I was turned away from her queue the first time I went up in the morning, but headed back just before noon & was allowed to get in line, things were moving slowly but from what I could see she was being really chatty & seemed totally into the whole thing.
When I got to the front I asked if she would sign the photograph to Yvonne & Jonathan, she asked why Yvonne wasn't there & when I explained that she couldn't make it as she was working, she told me to get my phone out so she could record a video for her.
I was stunned but managed to coordinate myself enough to get my phone out & hit record, she recorded a lovely video to my wife which was way beyond the call of duty & thanked us both for our love & support & I got a high five from her.
My wife was over the moon when the video popped up on her phone & is an even bigger fan of her now than before.
It was easily one of the best meetings I've had with anyone at a convention, she was fantastic & took time to chat & interact with everyone who went to see her, fingers crossed she comes back next year. 

• Like 5

A few folks might remember that on the Sunday I'd posted on the forum that I'd made a mistake with times and that I might have made my mum miss her photo op with Lee majors. As soon as I'd realised I'd told her where to go - and quickly - as there were still 5 minutes left of the session. I waited only 5 minutes for her to return saying she had indeed missed it. Of course I then started crying cause I cannot cope with letting people down (she wasn't annoyed at me at all I'm just a muppet). But she told me it was okay and to follow her.

Apparently my mum had passed Lee major's table and seen he was already there and asked who she thought was his aide/handler if she knew if he were doing any more sessions, to be apologetically told no and then asked why. My mum explained what had happened and this wonderful woman told her she would arrange a photo of her and Lee majors at his table. Turns out she was his wife and when my mum brought me over to be able to take the photo she could see I was upset and was so kind and friendly and compassionate, she gave me a hug and held my hand reassuring me we'd get a photo, honestly she was *wonderful* <3 Lee majors then came over and shook both my mum's hand and mine, chatted with us both for a few minutes and then stood with my mum with his arm around her for a few pics. I couldn't thank them enough which they were both so lovely about and honestly they didn't have to do that??? I was completely blown away by their kindness and what started as an upsetting mistake turned into an amazing moment that we won't ever forget <3

Edited by Broo
  • Like 24

I came all the way from Berlin and was on my feet for 30 hours just to meet Hayden, and it was so worth it. He's super humble and kind, absolutely sweet fellow and very comfortable to be around. Wish there had been more time to chat. Just drop me an email, Hayden ^_^

And shoutout to all the lovely people I was blessed to talk to. Due to traveling on short notice I came to London alone, and thanks to you guys I didn't feel lost at all <3

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Broo said:

A few folks might remember that on the Sunday I'd posted on the forum that I'd made a mistake with times and that I might have made my mum miss her photo op with Lee majors. As soon as I'd realised I'd told her where to go - and quickly - as there were still 5 minutes left of the session. I waited only 5 minutes for her to return saying she had indeed missed it. Of course I then started crying cause I cannot cope with letting people down (she wasn't annoyed at me at all I'm just a muppet). But she told me it was okay and to follow her.

Apparently my mum had passed Lee major's table and seen he was already there and asked who she thought was his aide/handler if she knew if he were doing any more sessions, to be apologetically told no and then asked why. My mum explained what had happened and this wonderful woman told her she would arrange a photo of her and Lee majors at his table. Turns out she was his wife and when my mum brought me over to be able to take the photo she could see I was upset and was so kind and friendly and compassionate, she gave me a hug and held my hand reassuring me we'd get a photo, honestly she was *wonderful* <3 Lee majors then came over and shook both my mum's hand and mine, chatted with us both for a few minutes and then stood with my mum with his arm around her for a few pics. I couldn't thank them enough which they were both so lovely about and honestly they didn't have to do that??? I was completely blown away by their kindness and what started as an upsetting mistake turned into an amazing moment that we won't ever forget <3

Weeps quietly in the corner.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Broo said:

That's brilliant. So glad your Mum got her pics. Lee was such a gentleman. 

Edited by Ravogd
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Broo said:

Glad you got sorted out in the end! ^_^ At least they were able to help. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Raylenth said:

Weeps quietly in the corner.

42 minutes ago, Ravogd said:

That's brilliant. So glad your Mum got her pics. Lee was such a gentleman. 

40 minutes ago, wjbleming said:

Glad you got sorted out in the end! ^_^ At least they were able to help. 

Thank you!! :) Honestly cannot say enough good things about them, amazing both of them <3

I thoroughly enjoyed all my guest experiences this year. My busiest con to date.

William Shatner  - Met him early on Sunday. Very fast signer but still made you feel you were the only person in existence. I was so happy to meet him I may have had a tear in my eye when I left his table. 

Christopher Eccleston  - Went at just the right time on Saturday to see him without me having a DP or VQ. Chatted about some of his work. Told him I was glad he came again as I missed him last year. 

CJ Graham  - A gentle giant. A lot of banter between him and Kane Hodder. Really friendly guy. 

James Jude Courtney  - Another lovely guy. Really liked my horror book which I had brought to be signed. 

Jenna Coleman  - Had a brief chat about the heat in the venue and The Cry. Quiet but polite.

John Barrowman  - really lovely guy. His talk was brilliant. And what a hug!

Jason Isaacs  - Talked about Harry Potter (I had a Slytherin t-shirt which he liked). Complimented him on his talk. He was worried he swore too much. Told him he wasn't the worst for that to which he was grateful. 

Tom Felton  - Fairly quiet but polite. Joked that he had to behave as his father was a few tables down (gesturing to Jason)

Guy Henry  - Someone I have wanted to meet for many years and he didn't disappoint. He remembered me from the photo shoot. Had a nice chat about some of his work. Got a hug goodbye. Well worth the wait to meet him and this was the end to a brilliant weekend. 

Brief but enjoyable meets with Kane Hodder,  Hugh Quarshie,  John Leeson,  Peter Purves and Colin Baker. 

• Like 8

I’ve still to get round to writing up my guest/con experiences but I’ve just had the best experience from this con tonight. We took round an album we made of all the photos of my granddaughter, including the ones we had taken herself of her for the whole trip and meeting cosplayers around the hall etc. It has her Jenna Coleman DP and lanyard in it and all the other bits and bobs. She cried and gave us huge hugs saying thank you for the best weekend ever. No guest experience from this weekend tops that I’m afraid 

• Like 13

22 minutes ago, Ravogd said:

I’ve still to get round to writing up my guest/con experiences but I’ve just had the best experience from this con tonight. We took round an album we made of all the photos of my granddaughter, including the ones we had taken herself of her for the whole trip and meeting cosplayers around the hall etc. It has her Jenna Coleman DP and lanyard in it and all the other bits and bobs. She cried and gave us huge hugs saying thank you for the best weekend ever. No guest experience from this weekend tops that I’m afraid 

:wub::wub::wub:

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Ravogd said:

Awww. That's lovely. :wub:

• Like 1

I was only there on the Sunday, with the sole intention of meeting Tom Felton. I had a photo op bought, so that was fine and I was hoping I'd also be able to get an autograph, but wasn't sure what his queue would be like considering we weren't able to get there until nearly midday. But it was fine in the end. We got there and had something to eat then went for a wander round the trade stands before the photo op (which helped us cool down!). I was slightly overwhelmed by the photo op itself as it felt a bit like being on a conveyor belt as the photos were taken that quickly (I understand why though, he had massive queues) and I didn't get chance to say anything other than a quick 'hello' and a 'thank you' afterward (that could have just been me being starstruck though). We attended his talk too, which was a lot of fun and it was nice to hear him sing live after watching his instagram stories for so long! Then went back for his autograph and I did get chance to speak with him a little - but this is the bit I regret because all of the things I should have said, like how much I enjoyed Origin and how much I love his music, completely went out of my head and all I could do was say how hot I was feeling! I did follow it up by asking him if he'd had a good weekend though, so it wasn't all bad. A pleasant interaction, but regret on my part for not being more on the ball! I'd love him to come back again so I could have another go at having a proper conversation lol. I'm still over the moon to have met him ^_^

I also would have loved to meet a few other people, but sadly, money was not in abundance due to payday being the last working day of the month (so inconvenient)!

Edited by orpheous87
  • Like 5

On 7/31/2019 at 5:04 PM, Ash.D said:

I came all the way from Berlin and was on my feet for 30 hours just to meet Hayden, and it was so worth it. He's super humble and kind, absolutely sweet fellow and very comfortable to be around. Wish there had been more time to chat. Just drop me an email, Hayden ^_^

And shoutout to all the lovely people I was blessed to talk to. Due to traveling on short notice I came to London alone, and thanks to you guys I didn't feel lost at all <3

That's so lovely! Thank you for sharing! :smile:

Unfortunately, I was feeling a bit unwell, since I had been walking around in the heat all morning! However, this could have been due to nerves, so I was about to cry! Hayden could see something was wrong, and was really attentive towards me, so he did his absolute best to calm me down! He brought me closer towards him, and made sure I was okay! The photograph looks amazing, and I'm so happy with it! :smile:

• Like 3

On 7/30/2019 at 12:55 AM, Mathew said:

Karen David was definitely one of my favourite guests, I had a photoshoot on Friday morning which she remembered me from when I got her autograph a little later. We then had a really good chat about OUAT.  She was so nice I booked a photoshoot for Saturday too, she remembered me again and give me a big hug!

Rick Gonzalez ,Manu Bennett, and Kirk Acevedo were all great, I was so happy Manu put 'I keep my promises Kid' on my autograph (I think he did that quite a lot, but it is such an iconic quote for him)

Same here, there are my favorite guests with Lana Parrilla. I was so glad to met them.

Loved my guest experiences from when I attended on Saturday:

Tom Ellis Met him quite early for a photoshoot. The people ahead of me weren’t getting hugs, just one arm around the shoulders and I’m a very huggy person. Also my friend who came with me, it was her first convention, she was only there to see Tom and I knew she wanted a hug too. So stepped up to him with my arms out “Can we hug?” “Of course!” However, with me being just 5ft in heels and him being 6ft 3, it was a challenge :lol: He said to me after “I was afraid I was going to crush you! “ I’m thinking “Crush away love!” Everyone thereafter got hugs too including my friend so mission accomplished. When I met him for an autograph, he’d just got a pint of beer, takes a swig of it, looks up at me “I’ve got beer on my nose haven’t I?” “Yes, you have Tom Ellis!” Thinks to self, should I offer to lick it off? No, don’t say that to him! Discussed the heat instead whilst fanning myself wildly and he said it was all worthwhile to meet us lovely people. Left autograph desk grinning like an idiot :wub2:

Tom Felton - Was absolutely lovely although got the distinct impression he’s quite shy which is fair enough when you’re meeting complete strangers. He took great care and attention over his autograph and I still hugged him properly during the photoshoot which he didn’t appear to mind. Hope not anyway!

Alfie Allen - I met Alfie for a photoshoot on The Iron Throne. He was a really sweet guy. I’d taken my heels off by this point so once I’d sat properly on the throne and leaned into Alfie, I was having a few problems reaching the floor so I had to scooch forwards a bit but it doesn’t look too bad in the photo. The Iron Throne is more comfortable than it looks, I could quite happily curl up in it for an evening.

Manu Bennett - Another absolute gentleman, was still struggling in my heels to reach “chest area”, he was very cuddly for the photoshoot. We release, he looks at me and starts stroking my head. It felt so nice I just let him get on with it but was wondering what he was up to. I go get photo and realise I had a tiny bit of hair out of place - Manu was sorting my hair out for me by smooshing it down. What a guy! He was equally charming at the autograph table. I think because he appreciates and sorts out women’s hair issues, he is my favourite :wub:

Ian Somerhalder  - was projecting love at everyone at about 1000 megawatts which was incredibly overwhelming but very enjoyable. Gave great hugs in the photoshoot and was totally worth the 3 hour wait for the autograph as he seemed genuinely interested in all who visited his table and made conversation with people plus gave more hugs and kisses. I did look into his eyes and knew I shouldn’t have as it was then a case of “What’s he asking me? Have I had a good day? I don’t know, what’s my name???”:wub2: Fairly sure I actually skipped away from the autograph desk on Cloud Nine, any sense of dignity gone. Have now set myself the challenge if I ever see him again, to try and hold an intelligent conversation with the man and not get sucked into his gorgeousness. 

• Like 8

20 minutes ago, Livia said:

Loved my guest experiences from when I attended on Saturday:

Tom Ellis Met him quite early for a photoshoot. The people ahead of me weren’t getting hugs, just one arm around the shoulders and I’m a very huggy person. Also my friend who came with me, it was her first convention, she was only there to see Tom and I knew she wanted a hug too. So stepped up to him with my arms out “Can we hug?” “Of course!” However, with me being just 5ft in heels and him being 6ft 3, it was a challenge :lol: He said to me after “I was afraid I was going to crush you! “ I’m thinking “Crush away love!” Everyone thereafter got hugs too including my friend so mission accomplished. When I met him for an autograph, he’d just got a pint of beer, takes a swig of it, looks up at me “I’ve got beer on my nose haven’t I?” “Yes, you have Tom Ellis!” Thinks to self, should I offer to lick it off? No, don’t say that to him! Discussed the heat instead whilst fanning myself wildly and he said it was all worthwhile to meet us lovely people. Left autograph desk grinning like an idiot :wub2:

Tom Felton - Was absolutely lovely although got the distinct impression he’s quite shy which is fair enough when you’re meeting complete strangers. He took great care and attention over his autograph and I still hugged him properly during the photoshoot which he didn’t appear to mind. Hope not anyway!

Alfie Allen - I met Alfie for a photoshoot on The Iron Throne. He was a really sweet guy. I’d taken my heels off by this point so once I’d sat properly on the throne and leaned into Alfie, I was having a few problems reaching the floor so I had to scooch forwards a bit but it doesn’t look too bad in the photo. The Iron Throne is more comfortable than it looks, I could quite happily curl up in it for an evening.

Manu Bennett - Another absolute gentleman, was still struggling in my heels to reach “chest area”, he was very cuddly for the photoshoot. We release, he looks at me and starts stroking my head. It felt so nice I just let him get on with it but was wondering what he was up to. I go get photo and realise I had a tiny bit of hair out of place - Manu was sorting my hair out for me by smooshing it down. What a guy! He was equally charming at the autograph table. I think because he appreciates and sorts out women’s hair issues, he is my favourite :wub:

Ian Somerhalder  - was projecting love at everyone at about 1000 megawatts which was incredibly overwhelming but very enjoyable. Gave great hugs in the photoshoot and was totally worth the 3 hour wait for the autograph as he seemed genuinely interested in all who visited his table and made conversation with people plus gave more hugs and kisses. I did look into his eyes and knew I shouldn’t have as it was then a case of “What’s he asking me? Have I had a good day? I don’t know, what’s my name???”:wub2: Fairly sure I actually skipped away from the autograph desk on Cloud Nine, any sense of dignity gone. Have now set myself the challenge if I ever see him again, to try and hold an intelligent conversation with the man and not get sucked into his gorgeousness. 

Literally the same with Ian kicking myself over some of the actual things I could of said to him,I wasn’t prepared to completely melt into those beautiful eyes never been so overwhelmed by meeting someone I still don’t remember the full conversation I had with him other than some stuff to do with TVD and him being very charming but Im so happy that he was so lovely was gutted he cancelled last year 

hopefully he will come back so we can all get another shot at more intelligent convo 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have to admit, I believe this years London Film & Comic Con, has been the best yet.

As a wheelchair user, Saturday, was more of a effort to get around due to the crowd of people there. But with careful planning beforehand, I managed to get all the things I wanted done. Having an ‘Extra Help’, wristband was a godsend.

Checkout my time here and those I met.

https://redshirtsid.simdif.com/page-566928.html

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Sid said:

I have to admit, I believe this years London Film & Comic Con, has been the best yet.

As a wheelchair user, Saturday, was more of a effort to get around due to the crowd of people there. But with careful planning beforehand, I managed to get all the things I wanted done. Having an ‘Extra Help’, wristband was a godsend.

Checkout my time here and those I met.

https://redshirtsid.simdif.com/page-566928.html

Great website Sid-love the NASA shirt!