Guest Experiences From The Weekend

Here is list of all the people I met and my experience with them. I was an absolutely fantastic weekend full of memories.

Charlie Sheen- When I got to meet Charlie Sheen I told him that it was an absolute honor to meet him, and that he is my all time favorite actor. He smiled and thanked me as he was signed my picture. I asked him if he had heard about Top Gun Maverick coming out next year, which he had. I then asked him if he would ever do another Hot Shots movie to parody the new Top Gun film. He told me that now would be the perfect time to do it. I was quite star struck when meeting him that as I was leaving I forgot to shake his hand, so he put his hand out and waited for me to shake his hand whilst smiling.

Val Kilmer- Val Kilmer was absolutely fantastic and gave me one of the best guest experiences I have ever had. When I went to get his autograph, I had all my diamond passes round my neck. He spotted Charlie Sheen's diamond pass and he grabbed it. I thought he was looking for his so I told him that his was here somewhere. He pulled my Charlie Sheen diamond pass towards him which pulled me across the table so I was face to face with him. He then picked up a sharpie and drew devil horns and a tail on my Charlie Sheen diamond pass. Everyone was laughing even the security who was with him. After that he then signed my Batman picture before giving me a thumbs up when I aid he was great as Batman.

Robert Carlyle- Me and my Auntie got his autograph. My Auntie was buying her's for my uncle. She wanted to get a Rumpelstiltskin one signed but my Uncle wanted him sticking his two fingers up in Trainspotting. My Auntie told Robert that she didn't want this picture of him on her wall and wanted one of him as Rumpelstiltskin. He was laughing when she was telling him this. Also when I told him that Rumpelstiltskin was my favorite character of his, he agreed and said it was his favorite character to play. Shook our hands and thanked us for coming.

Tom Ellis- Absolutely brilliant and up for anything. During my photo op I bright some devil horns for us both to wear. I asked him if he would wear them and he said "absolutely" and put them on. He forgot to give them back at first before realizing they were still on his head. When I got my autograph with him I asked him if it would be possible for him to write on it "from one horny devil to another". He laughed and said he would absolutely do that.

Ian McDiarmid- I had VQ ticket 201. And when they called VQ 175 they let me join the line at about 4:20pm. I brought 2 autographs (one for me and one for my uncle) and got to meet him and get them signed at about 5:10pm. I didn't think I would get to get his autograph with such a high VQ ticket (which I collected at about 9:20am) but was so lucky that I managed to in the end. He was so nice and shook my hand and thanked me for coming.

William Shatner- William Shatner was the biggest surprise for me as I had heard bad things about him doing singings in the past. When I got there there was one person in his line a he was about to go for lunch. They allowed me to go in and then closed the line. I was struggling to pick which picture I wanted and in the end the woman told me if I didn't pick now he would be going. I picked a Star trek one and then ran to his table as he was laughing and saying "come on" to me. I got there and apologized for taking my time, and he told me not to worry about it. He wrote my name on the picture and then asked what were the pictures I was choosing from as he was trying to figure what his most popular picture was. I told him it was between him in Star Trek and him in Boston Legal. He then asked me why I picked the Star Trek one. I told him because Captain Kirk is such an iconic character and role for him. He smiled and shook my hand and thanked me for coming.

• Like 10

Wow sounds like you had a really amazing day! Wish i had got to meet Tom Ellis! I had a mixed bag this year..

I started the day with Rey mysterio, i was getting his autograph for a friends son who could not attend due to his disability. He had a sign up saying "no photos" but when i explained who the auto was for he happily let me take some photos of him signing to show the little boy. Im not a wrestling fan myself but he was a true gentleman.

Next up was devon Murray, who was lovely and very kind to my daughter who is autistic and was very shy. 

Then it was Robert Patrick, he talked for ages and asked me lots of questions and was also really nice to my daughter and very understanding. It was great to meet him. 

First photo op of the day was Tom Felton who engaged in a bit of playful banter when we mentioned we were hufflepuffs, he really made us laugh. 

Next photo was blake harrsion, he seemed really down to earth and did the dance from the movie with us. Then as we were leaving he apologised for not spending more time with us!

Autograph/photo op with Jason Momoa was a huge disappointment, he wouldnt chat and ignored my questions at the table, and gave off a general bad vibe. This was the same during the photo, which was a shame as heard such good things about him. But then it was kind of crazy with the amount of people waiting to see him,maybe he was as peed off as we were. 

Brendan Fraser was a star! We were delayed going in and so everyone was a bit flustered(understatement) yet he was calm and was signing to the deaf people in front of me- what a legend. It was truly magical meeting him as i grew up watching him.

Saving the best till last, Matthew Lillard! Omg! Another one who was running seriously behind, and by this point it was the end of the day, i was exhausted, emotional, fed up and close to tears. I think i mustve looked a right mess because upon meeting matthew he just shouted at me "fu!!ing hug me!" And gave me the tightest squeeziest hug you can imagine! Really perked me up and absolutely made my day! Would totally neet him again, and hope one day i can! Really lovely bloke! 

• Like 6

To be honest it was the same last year. It’s a numbers thing. His people want as many people through as humanly possible hence the no personalisations & loud music in the auto session to dissuade you from talking to him. I mean I sort of admire the unsentimental cash driven approach but it doesn’t encourage repeat business. If I’m meeting someone I want a chance to say a couple of lines! 

• Like 1

ive been wanting to meet Hayden Christensen for so so so so long and he did not dissapoint, probably one of the best guests I have ever met!! Amazing guy, he’s someone I never thought I’d have the pleasure to meet him, and I really hope he can come again and have a talk this time, he was definitely the highlight for me! 

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

Guys please watch your words. We do have guests coming on here.

Comments like the ones removed containing speculation will be hidden. Even some of the posts there may be hidden or efited if someone else sees them.

Sorry if id said something wrong, new to the forum and still learning the rules. 

I got 19 autographs and 7 photos this weekend, and all my meets were positive.  Of course, some were better than others, but none were 'hello goodbyes'.  Also pleased I managed to meet several diamond guests over Friday and Sunday without needing to buy DPs.  I think the improved system of allocating specific days gave people a lot more chance to meet the big guests without having purchased a DP this year.  Of course, people need to be prepared to stay for most of the day to do so, but by 3.30 this afternoon there were hardly any guests that were not open queues - only exceptions seemed to be Ian Somerhalder and understandably, Val Kilmer.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CookieS said:

Wow sounds like you had a really amazing day! Wish i had got to meet Tom Ellis! I had a mixed bag this year..

I started the day with Rey mysterio, i was getting his autograph for a friends son who could not attend due to his disability. He had a sign up saying "no photos" but when i explained who the auto was for he happily let me take some photos of him signing to show the little boy. Im not a wrestling fan myself but he was a true gentleman.

Next up was devon Murray, who was lovely and very kind to my daughter who is autistic and was very shy. 

Then it was Robert Patrick, he talked for ages and asked me lots of questions and was also really nice to my daughter and very understanding. It was great to meet him. 

First photo op of the day was Tom Felton who engaged in a bit of playful banter when we mentioned we were hufflepuffs, he really made us laugh. 

Next photo was blake harrsion, he seemed really down to earth and did the dance from the movie with us. Then as we were leaving he apologised for not spending more time with us!

Autograph/photo op with Jason Momoa was a huge disappointment, he wouldnt chat and ignored my questions at the table, and gave off a general bad vibe. This was the same during the photo, which was a shame as heard such good things about him. But then it was kind of crazy with the amount of people waiting to see him,maybe he was as peed off as we were. 

Brendan Fraser was a star! We were delayed going in and so everyone was a bit flustered(understatement) yet he was calm and was signing to the deaf people in front of me- what a legend. It was truly magical meeting him as i grew up watching him.

Saving the best till last, Matthew Lillard! Omg! Another one who was running seriously behind, and by this point it was the end of the day, i was exhausted, emotional, fed up and close to tears. I think i mustve looked a right mess because upon meeting matthew he just shouted at me "fu!!ing hug me!" And gave me the tightest squeeziest hug you can imagine! Really perked me up and absolutely made my day! Would totally neet him again, and hope one day i can! Really lovely bloke! 

Shame about Jason, but great about everyone else, especially Matthew Lillard.

I wanted to meet Brendan Fraser but ran out of time in the end. Hopefully get another chance one day.

• Like 1

A few highlights for me:

Martin Sheen: I've already done several posts about him but I was so excited when he was announced. The West Wing is, in my opinion, the best TV show of all time so I jumped straight on that diamond pass hoping he wouldn't be a disappointment. He greeted everyone in the shoot and asked their names and then when we went for the autograph later on he remembered me. Thanked us for watching the West Wing and spoke for a few moments about the show. His manager(?) Who was sitting next to him was also so nice and had a chat with us while we waited for our turn. Then today I had the Oval Office shoot which clashed with my Gareth David-Lloyd and John Barrowman photo on the other side of the building. I was exhausted by the time I made it over. I got put straight to the front of the queue by whoever was in charge and Martin insisted I sit in the chair and said he was going to fuss over me for a few moments. Once the photo was done he wouldn't let me move until he made sure I was alright. Absolute gentleman.

John Barrowman was great we had a lovely chat at his autograph area and his talk was completely hilarious! Hope there was no kids in the area because there were several inappropriate moments but I loved it. Especially his sparkly suit and heels. 

Tom Felton was sweet and I had to laugh when I accidentally held up the queue by asking what it was like seeing Jason Isaacs again and he ran off to give him a hug. Sorry to anyone who was in the queue behind us!

Jason Isaacs loved my tattoo (Deathly Hallows) and told us how everyone wants to show him their dark mark tattoos. We had a laugh about that and I told him I was a Slytherin but I wouldn't get that tattoo, he laughed and said he was too. He also remembered me at the photo shoot after!

Christopher Eccleston was happy to sign an autograph for my friend for her and her boyfriends anniversary. Signed it to their names and wrote happy anniversary and then told me to tell them it from him! Love that he seems to enjoy doing conventions now.

Tom Ellis was so pleasant to talk to and recognised our accents as being from Belfast because he had shot a movie there. When we asked the name of it so we could look it up he gave us the name and then told us not to because it's terrible (still going to check it out though).

I have more but I'm so tired and blanking on them all right now! Overall a really good weekend,managed to get a lot of autographs and had fun. Great guests Showmasters I can't wait to see what you do next year!

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Readie19 said:

ive been wanting to meet Hayden Christensen for so so so so long and he did not dissapoint, probably one of the best guests I have ever met!! Amazing guy, he’s someone I never thought I’d have the pleasure to meet him, and I really hope he can come again and have a talk this time, he was definitely the highlight for me! 

I wanted to meet him but I had a high VQ even though I got it at 9:20am. I think if he came again I would get a diamond pass for him. I spent my diamond pass budget on others this year lol.

I'm glad he was a great guest.

16 minutes ago, MVronsky78 said:

I got 19 autographs and 7 photos this weekend, and all my meets were positive.  Of course, some were better than others, but none were 'hello goodbyes'.  Also pleased I managed to meet several diamond guests over Friday and Sunday without needing to buy DPs.  I think the improved system of allocating specific days gave people a lot more chance to meet the big guests without having purchased a DP this year.  Of course, people need to be prepared to stay for most of the day to do so, but by 3.30 this afternoon there were hardly any guests that were not open queues - only exceptions seemed to be Ian Somerhalder and understandably, Val Kilmer.

I was lucky enough to get Robert Carlyle and Ian McDiarmid without a diamond pass even though I didn't think I would manage it. So glad I did.

3 minutes ago, EllaBlair said:

A few highlights for me:

Martin Sheen: I've already done several posts about him but I was so excited when he was announced. The West Wing is, in my opinion, the best TV show of all time so I jumped straight on that diamond pass hoping he wouldn't be a disappointment. He greeted everyone in the shoot and asked their names and then when we went for the autograph later on he remembered me. Thanked us for watching the West Wing and spoke for a few moments about the show. His manager(?) Who was sitting next to him was also so nice and had a chat with us while we waited for our turn. Then today I had the Oval Office shoot which clashed with my Gareth David-Lloyd and John Barrowman photo on the other side of the building. I was exhausted by the time I made it over. I got put straight to the front of the queue by whoever was in charge and Martin insisted I sit in the chair and said he was going to fuss over me for a few moments. Once the photo was done he wouldn't let me move until he made sure I was alright. Absolute gentleman.

John Barrowman was great we had a lovely chat at his autograph area and his talk was completely hilarious! Hope there was no kids in the area because there were several inappropriate moments but I loved it. Especially his sparkly suit and heels. 

Tom Felton was sweet and I had to laugh when I accidentally held up the queue by asking what it was like seeing Jason Isaacs again and he ran off to give him a hug. Sorry to anyone who was in the queue behind us!

Jason Isaacs loved my tattoo (Deathly Hallows) and told us how everyone wants to show him their dark mark tattoos. We had a laugh about that and I told him I was a Slytherin but I wouldn't get that tattoo, he laughed and said he was too. He also remembered me at the photo shoot after!

Christopher Eccleston was happy to sign an autograph for my friend for her and her boyfriends anniversary. Signed it to their names and wrote happy anniversary and then told me to tell them it from him! Love that he seems to enjoy doing conventions now.

Tom Ellis was so pleasant to talk to and recognised our accents as being from Belfast because he had shot a movie there. When we asked the name of it so we could look it up he gave us the name and then told us not to because it's terrible (still going to check it out though).

I have more but I'm so tired and blanking on them all right now! Overall a really good weekend,managed to get a lot of autographs and had fun. Great guests Showmasters I can't wait to see what you do next year!

Sound like you had great fun. I wish I got to meet Martin Sheen. I had a VQ of 170 I think. but just ran out of time.

Loved talking to Tom Ellis so friendly and a pleasure to talk with. I also loved that he agreed to wear some devildhorns on my picture with him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JokerJosh said:

Sound like you had great fun. I wish I got to meet Martin Sheen. I had a VQ of 170 I think. but just ran out of time.

Loved talking to Tom Ellis so friendly and a pleasure to talk with. I also loved that he agreed to wear some devildhorns on my picture with him.

Yeah I saw people getting turned away with low VQ's when we came for our autographs around 5 because he had to give to his talk with Charlie they couldn't let VQ's join because there was still diamonds to come. If he ever comes back make sure you meet him! You won't regret it.

Generally I only ever meet the 'minor' Star Wars characters - and I know some get a bit of flack on here-  but I've never had a bad experience including this weekend. In particular Tony Smart and Nelson Hall were great guys and Corey DW and Tom Wilton had time for a chat. Good weekend in all..... keep 'em coming.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, EllaBlair said:

Yeah I saw people getting turned away with low VQ's when we came for our autographs around 5 because he had to give to his talk with Charlie they couldn't let VQ's join because there was still diamonds to come. If he ever comes back make sure you meet him! You won't regret it.

I definitely will if he comes again

1 hour ago, Readie19 said:

I completely agree. Polite, sweet and caring. Such a wonderful soul. :smile:

• Like 1

All my guest meets were very pleasant (loads of personalization I hadn't expected!), although big shout-outs have to go to the following:

The Iron Fist group - they were cracking me up in their photoshoot with the stuff they were saying (and of course they were happy to do poses).  I'd met Jessica and Finn before and liked them a lot, so was very happy they were working together in Iron Fist, ergo extremely peeved that it was cancelled, so wanted to show them some love for that.  Sacha was really nice too.

Tom Ellis - I was NOT going for a hug in the Lucifer Wings shoot, honest, but it looked like so much fun, so I just asked and he said, "Bring it in," and I love the result - very dramatic with the white wings and black background.

I wasn't expecting anything from Ian Somerhalder, but he hugged me in the photoshoot, which was adorable.

I adore The Mummy and The Mummy Returns so meeting  Brendan Fraser was such a treat, and his voice!  I managed not to drool, but it was a close thing...

Ian Whyte obligingly went back-to-back with me for our photoshoot.  He's 7'1"; I'm 5'4".  You can imagine what that looked like.  I only wish the photographer had taken the photo portrait-style, but I still love it.

Peter Serafinowicz!  He recognized me from the auto session when he walked into the photoshoot and gave me a thumbs-up (always nice to be remembered), and he was doing some great poses.  Ours included (I'd bought a Sunday shot as I thought Friday's was going to be refunded, found that Fri/Sun's were going to be honoured and thought, "Bugger", but went for it, and the second involved your basic heroic bicep flex, except that he changed position at the last moment to pretend to feel  up my arm muscles and I was just wetting myself).   Definitely my favourite guest of the weekend.

Edited by CosmicAvatar
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, CosmicAvatar said:

Tom Ellis - I was NOT going for a hug in the Lucifer Wings shoot, honest, but it looked like so much fun, so I just asked and he said, "Bring it in," and I love the result - very dramatic with the white wings and black background.

He gives great hugs! :wub: Got one for the wings photo and one for the regular photo, love both photos!

• Like 4

I was mostly coming to see Sylvester McCoy today, but he changed days (filming I think?) so I had to scramble a bit. Fortunately I had a good, pretty full day!

I met Andrew Cartmel who invited me to come take a seat and have a chat. He was happy to sign a novel he wrote in the 90s and a DVD of his last Doctor Who story as Script Editor so long as I purchased something, which is fair enough. Had a lovely chat with him about his book Script Doctor, then bought his Rivers Of London graphic novel. He was happy to take lots of photos; it ended up looking like a flick-book.

I intended to meet Ben Aaronovitch but my own fault, I must have misread the site - he was only here Friday. Whoops.

I met Nicola Bryant for an autograph and again, she as happy to take a photo. I had actually booked one with her later, but it seemed a silly thing to pass up. She asked for a donation to a dog charity, happy to oblige. She was lovely; I was a bit concerned about a wrist brace she had on, she said she was fine, just trying to keep her hand healthy. I guess autographs take it out of you! Had my proper photo with her not long after.

I met Julian Glover who was really nice, I gave a him a Doctor Who DVD to sign and he wrote his character's name on it, so I'm guessing this was a memorable one for him. He didn't object to photos with other guests but I didn't think to ask; my friend snapped us together though, so result.

Finally had a photo with Robert Picardo which turned out great.

Outside of meetings I had a nice chat with Paul Butcher, bought some art off him (he did a print of Yoda being attacked by seagulls - you might be familiar with the Bad Lip Sync song that's referring to, Paul agreed it's super catchy), picked up some bookmarks and a couple of iZombie and Harry Potter items as gifts. I'm utterly exhausted but I had fun.

Sylvester, I will meet you. :P

PS: There was a "pose as Elliot from E.T." thing for £2 which my friends and I did, well worth it. A nice, inexpensive bonus.

Edited by Grafty
  • Like 2

I had lots of really great meetings but some of the best were: 

Jason Isaacs - he was lovely and friendly, very willing to talk and he told me a story from the Peter Pan filming when signing my pic which was hilarious. I think it was one of my favourite meetings in years of Cons.

Gina Torres - she was just as lovely as I hoped she would be. Friendly and wonderful to meet!

Robert Patrick - great guy, very engaging. Wanted to talk to the fans he was meeting and really focussing on us. Seems like a sweet guy in real life.

Manu Bennett - the poor man was so late on Friday due to a late plane but he was willing to stay late and finish signing for his queue even with security scowling at us all (sorry Olympia staff!) and he was a really nice, funny guy.

• Like 4

Ian McDiarmid, despite the wait time, was completely worth it and now I am the proud owner of THE Emperor's autograph! Such a polite man, always smiling. Signed two photos, one for me and one I got as a birthday present for my brother.  

Blake Harrison and Joe Thomas were an absolute pleasure to talk to today when getting their autographs, they gave up so much extra time for us fans. Joe especially giving interesting anecdotes and just simply chatting about a few topics was brilliant, he really went the extra mile!  So humble, polite and modest from both of them, it really was heart warming. 

Billy Dee Williams on Friday was great too. He didn't talk too much but I didn't mind because it meant he got through lots of people. He still had his signature smile and wished me a great rest of the day.

Bob Gale was a delight too. Honoured to meet the mastermind behind Back To The Future.

Really enjoyed myself and arriving at 7.30am was totally worth it to get that low(ish) VQ for Ian McDiarmid!!

Roll on next year eh!

Edited by bazza96
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, EllaBlair said:

Nah Jason was the same last year. Pleasant enough in the shoot but didn't even look up at the autograph table. A real disappointment.

Yeah I found him a bit meh at the auto table. He did look up and smiled when I said happy birthday for Thursday to him but don’t actually think I got any actual words! But it was day 3 he was probably knackered! 

Edited by LindaAbish1706