Most straightforward ComicCon yet!

Joined the queue to get in at about 8.45, was in at about 9.15, got my ticket for Tom Felton, went and got my three other autographs in the meantime (Devon Murray, Ruggero Deodato, Francesca Ciardi), had a walk around the merch stands and got a few bits, went back to get Tom Felton’s auto, and out by midday. Perfect!

• Like 2

What were  Ruggero Deodato and Francesca Ciardi like?

I was not able to attend LFFC but sent a Cannibal Holocaust blu ray cover to the send-in service so hopefully will receive that soon.

1 hour ago, BasG said:

What were  Ruggero Deodato and Francesca Ciardi like?

I was not able to attend LFFC but sent a Cannibal Holocaust blu ray cover to the send-in service so hopefully will receive that soon.

From my experience they were very nice again (I first met them a few years ago at another event)

Ruggero has limited english, occasionally needing the lady next to him (presumably his grand daughter) to translate, but still holds a conversation fine. As soon as he saw the image I wanted him to sign, he asked me whether I knew how it was done (the infamous wooden stake impalement). He said the wooden stake was attached to a bicycle seat and only cost them $10 to create. I asked him whether House On The Edge Of the Park sequel would still happen, despite David Hess' passing, but he said it wouldn't work without him.

Francesca was also very chatty, happily signed the same image and posed for photos too. I asked her whether she would still do Cannibal Holocaust if she could turn back time and she said "yes!". The only difference being that she regretted turning down the roles Ruggero gave her after that movie was released. 

iH2h7Rj.jpg

Edited by Graphic_Delusions
Changed photo for a more PG-13 image
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, BasG said:

Thanks for that @Graphic_Delusions! Did you meet Me Me Lai as well by any chance?

Yes I did. 

Nice lady, but appeared a bit on the shy side. She signed my Eaten Alive sleeve. I asked her whether she would still have done that movie if she could turn back time and to my surprise she said "no". Me Me Lai said she really didn't like that movie at all and preferred making Man From The Deep River. 

Edited by Queen_Sindel
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, Graphic_Delusions said:

From my experience they were very nice again (I first met them a few years ago at another event)

Ruggero has limited english, occasionally needing the lady next to him (presumably his grand daughter) to translate, but still holds a conversation fine. As soon as he saw the image I wanted him to sign, he asked me whether I knew how it was done (the infamous wooden stake impalement). He said the wooden stake was attached to a bicycle seat and only cost them $10 to create. I asked him whether House On The Edge Of the Park sequel would still happen, despite David Hess' passing, but he said it wouldn't work without him.

Francesca was also very chatty, happily signed the same image and posed for photos too. I asked her whether she would still do Cannibal Holocaust if she could turn back time and she said "yes!". The only difference being that she regretted turning down the roles Ruggero gave her after that movie was released. 

I appreciate your excitement at meeting these guests but might want to edit this post to remove the picture. It doesn't offend me but this is a family friendly forum and there are kids on here. The mods may hide your post if you don't.

10 minutes ago, Ravogd said:

I appreciate your excitement at meeting these guests but might want to edit this post to remove the picture. It doesn't offend me but this is a family friendly forum and there are kids on here. The mods may hide your post if you don't.

Yeah, as soon as I posted that image I was bit unsure whether it would offend some. 

I've changed the image now. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Graphic_Delusions said:

Yes I did. 

Nice lady, but appeared a bit on the shy side. She signed my Eaten Alive sleeve. I asked her whether she would still have done that movie if she could turn back time and to my surprise she said "no". Me Me Lai said she really didn't like that movie at all and preferred making Man From The Deep River. 

Fantastic, I'm very jealous.

There is a extensive interview with Me Me Lai on the 'Man from Deep River' blu ray. Apparently she joined the police after her acting career and during the video nasty era she was involved in the confiscation of her own films but luckily she was not recognised by any of her colleagues. I thought that was a geat story :D

Just now, BasG said:

Fantastic, I'm very jealous.

There is a extensive interview with Me Me Lai on the 'Man from Deep River' blu ray. Apparently she joined the police after her acting career and during the video nasty era she was involved in the confiscation of her own films but luckily she was not recognised by any of her colleagues. I thought that was a geat story :D

Yeah that's the same documentary on the Eaten Alive blu-ray. It's great :) 

I'm currently trying to track down the Man From The Deep River blu-ray, but don't want the censored UK version.