Surprised still to see knives for sale

With what’s happening in our world I am amazed Showmasters are still allowing sales of knives at the event. Just wanted to feed it back. Overall I think Showmasters do a pretty good job and I love these events, but this is one thing I am really not sure about.

Just now, frogbmth said:

With what’s happening in our world I am amazed Showmasters are still allowing sales of knives at the event. Just wanted to feed it back. Overall I think Showmasters do a pretty good job and I love these events, but this is one thing I am really not sure about.

I could well be wrong but I think you aren't allowed to take them with you and the booth will post them out after the show?

It is not illegal to sell knives or swords although there is normally an age restriction. Any that are purchased will be sent on.

You can go into any leading supermarket and purchase knives, any sensible one will have them security tagged.

14 minutes ago, Iceman71 said:

It is not illegal to sell knives or swords although there is normally an age restriction. Any that are purchased will be sent on.

You can go into any leading supermarket and purchase knives, any sensible one will have them security tagged.

I think the debate is often that there's no issue with knives intended for cooking ect but there's no need to sell knives that are decorative or weapons.