Day Three

Only had 2 autographs and a prop photoshoot today, all done by about 10.30am.

What helped was that the 2 guests I planned to meet were next to each other.

So I spent the rest of the day buying a few things and posing in my 7th Doctor cosplay for photos.

Felt reluctance to leave but did not feel relief or “I don’t want to go”.

Now waiting for the post-con blues to sink in.

Today has been amazing as got to meet everyone I wanted , jason Isaacs, shazad latif,  emilie de ravin (who said she liked my top which was sweet) and ben barnes. They were all really nice and super chatty. The Tom Felton talk was brilliant especially with him singing. Then that was all topped off with David Morrissey having no one seeing him so quickly chatted to him and got a quick photo. It has probably been one of my favourite LFCCs I've been to and cant wait till next year 

• Like 2

Wow, Now back at home and I can see steam coming off my Hooves, Glad thats over, Day 1 was the Best Day. Day 2 was the worst experience ever at these events with every single photo shoot running late which threw my timetable out completely and you can't do these without one. It was so bad that there were 6 of us about to go in to a photo shoot (batch 1) when the Red shirt Lady came out and said, We couldn't go in and have to come back later. Really your stopping 6 people?  Saturday was a Headache. 

Day 3 went a bit smoother, However again Photo shoots ran over placing my timetable in clashes, which meant I had to start running around, Have you ever tried Running around on Concrete, its no good for my hooves.  However because of the late runnings I found myself having to be in three places at the same time. I would like to Say a Massive Thank you to the crew who did help me out massively, and for the ones who just said to me... Go to the back of the Queue... (I can't print my reply on here) 

Overall I had finished 50 Photo shoots over the three days and managed 26 Autos ... Still a good Weekend (except Saturday) Might try and post photos later... ;)

• Like 4

Finally home after a 12 hour day, most of which we spent waiting for the marvellous Val Kilmer.   To come back from being so ill to finish signing for everyone was admirable.   I can't thank Nick G the crewmember enough for updating everyone in the face of little to no information.

Ian Somerhalder and Charlie Sheen were lovely, saying hello to those of us waiting and the lady filming the documentary helped keep spirits up.

The comic guests were great, especially Chris Achilleos who patiently signed all of my books.

Big thanks for a different and exhausting day.

• Like 3

Got a photo with Ian Somerhalder and the wings photo with Tom Ellis. I'm on a 6 hug photo streak now :YAHOO: From just having the standard pose with every photo on previous cons to getting 6 hugs in a row makes this the best con ever!!! And the Lucifer talk! Oh my! That was something :D

Oh! And the bear with his shiny blue fur! Hero of the day! :D

Edited by VikingGrrrl
  • Like 4

I was wondering if anyone knows the name of the stall or a website if they have one of the stylised art prints for movies. They had things like Studio Ghibli and ET but where stylised and printer in a range of one main colour with a white border.

I thought they were called Awesome Art as it was printed on a poster on their stall but can't find them and realise they might have just been saying here is some awesome art!

26 minutes ago, VikingGrrrl said:

Got a photo with Ian Somerhalder and the wings photo with Tom Ellis. I'm on a 6 hug photo streak now :YAHOO: From just having the standard pose with every photo on previous cons to getting 6 hugs in a row makes this the best con ever!!! And the Lucifer talk! Oh my! That was something :D

Ian was a dream wasn’t he! So generous with his time and really made an effort with everyone. Excellent guest! 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, VikingGrrrl said:

The Lucifer talk was AMAZING. I wish I had gotten a t-shirt though. :lol:

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, OurDek said:

Finally home after a 12 hour day, most of which we spent waiting for the marvellous Val Kilmer.   To come back from being so ill to finish signing for everyone was admirable.   I can't thank Nick G the crewmember enough for updating everyone in the face of little to no information.

Ian Somerhalder and Charlie Sheen were lovely, saying hello to those of us waiting and the lady filming the documentary helped keep spirits up.

Was this the same lady filming the documentary they are making about Val kilmer or another documentary.

I'm interested because she filmed my interaction with Val Kilmer yesterday as he doodled on my Charlie Sheen diamond pass.

9 minutes ago, Liv said:

Same here! He sat on someones lap in the row in front of me! :lol: Which row were you? I was 6 rows in, in the middle. 

I was right behind the first line he went through on the left side! The second shirt I belive it was :lol: people who weren't there are probably wondering what the hell we're talking about :lol:

Brilliant, brilliant day. Just, good experience followed by good experience followed by good experience :) I'm hoping to share photo op pics and some of the things I got signed once back home tomorrow but each of the guests I got to meet today were so incredibly friendly and keen to engage and just wonderful frankly.

But no exaggeration a massive highlight today and the whole weekend tbh was all the folks from here I got to meet. Genuinely was really awesome to get the chance to say Hi, and you were all incredibly tolerant of my over-excited and awkward ways so thanks all for the great banter (and hugs and selfies!)! :) And to the folks I didn't get to cross paths with, hopefully next year! :)

• Like 6

A nice day again.

I said hi and speak quickly with a friendly dalek ( seemed in a rush at this point :p)

I've seen some other known name like bleming or EllaBlair (i'll say hi next year, i runned a lot today so not always much time) and broo again (and probably others but it's more difficult when i don't know what you look like :D )

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Broo said:

@Ravogd! I meant to get a selfie with you too!!! I was in such a rush my brain went *white noise* are you here for the rest of the day? Or did you decide on leaving early because of the drive?

Aww sorry I missed this message. I left probably about 5 minutes after you sent it as that photo op you met us all at was my last thing of the day but I'd have come found you for a selfie. Next year for sure!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ravogd said:

Aww sorry I missed this message. I left probably about 5 minutes after you sent it as that photo op you met us all at was my last thing of the day but I'd have come found you for a selfie. Next year for sure!

Yes please! :) Glad you made it home okay x

I am so blooming glad I took the day off today as I am beyond shattered!  I rarely do 3 days and even with a later start Sunday, going home early Saturday, between the cold, 4 days of fun, late nights, heat and train issues I currently feel like I've been run over by a steam roller and am holed up in my dark sitting room doing naff all.

It was a brilliant weekend though, I got the guests I wanted, saw a couple of talks, had a lovely time with friends and met lots of wonderful forum people.  I think I'm still missing meeting a few of you but it was great to meet those of you I did finally.

I know there were a few issues with shoots this year but from my side it all went well and without a hitch so well done to all the Showmasters crew for another brilliant event.

Queen and Stuart, I'm glad I managed to catch up with you both and that Queen actually made it to the event! :lol:

• Like 6

I've been going all 3 days since 2015, but always hit the wall on Sunday afternoon!  Fortunately, I am always able to take Monday off or work from home.

Was also nice to introduce myself to those mods you mention above and thank them for what they do.

• Like 1