Great day at LFCC but...

15 hours ago, Ravogd said:

I think the main reason they used to call extra help first was when it was largely wheelchairs. It is impossible to get wheelchairs to queue round the zig zag white lines they use so it makes sense to do that but since everyone with non visible disabilities now deservedly gets help too it is maybe easier to get some to queue behind the DP’s but for people with anxiety it must be hell so they should all just get through first and allow the area to be clear for non-disabled guests to queue up without fear of upsetting or worse, injuring a help requirer or themselves.

Exactly Ella. Legitimate problems and you bet they are strict about it. If someone has a band THEY NEED THE HELP PERIOD. My partner always gets up out of her chair onto her crutches so she can stand with the guest even though it causes her vast pain to do so the looks she gets from some people thinking oh she just stood up so why all that fuss with the chair. We learned to shrug it all off years ago but some people find it harder to do that (see @DCGIRL1987‘s experiences for example). It’s not Showmasters with the problem (ok apart from a couple of blue shirts who need a bit more training) it’s still society’s I’m afraid.

I agree with you there Ravogd. If you've not got crutches, a wheelchair or some sort of disability that they can see, a lot of people tend to think 'What the hell is wrong with you?'. Some disabilities aren't visable neither are pre-existing medical conditions. I had my GP letter and my Yellow Book (just in case the people at the desk wanted to see it, but if a member of the public had challenged me, I would've thrown a wobbly.  We shouldn't have to explain ourselves to others.

15 hours ago, shodgson said:

I had quite an amusing experience on the Saturday. As I was wearing a blue t-shirt and a Jenna Coleman diamond pass round my neck, a load of people thought I was Showmasters crew and asked 101 questions. To begin with I actually had the answers and was happy to help but after about the tenth time I thought I'd better let them know I wasn't staff! I must of been asked around 20 times for advice/info hahaha

That'll teach you for next time. But you could've got away with going into the restricted areas!!!!

Edited by Jo79
Additional text

I enjoyed the Event as normal, and I have Good point and Not so point and a Clarification point.

Good: The Placement of Photo E and F into the side rooms allowing for free movement and freeing up much of the Blue Hall  (I call the Halls Blue and Red because of the Balcony Rails ) Balcony as a sitting area.

Not so Good: Showmasters  maybe need to re consider who is going to be VT and then make sure that the VT Tickets are ready to be handed out. Both Manu ( delayed flight ) and Peter ( Filming over run I believe ) so they both lost that days Auto time, On returning on Saturday I went to both their Desks and this was about 9.20 No Queue yet and asked if they where VT, to be told no. I returned 20 minutes later after a photo shoot only to find both on VT's and the numbers up in the 200, surely common sense would dictate that any guest that is going to be there for less time than advertised is going to become peoples priority  ( got Manu but not Peters by the way )

Clarification: This not a complete more of a Question/Suggestion I had Several DP's and did those guests Auto's First when I got to One guest their board was at Diamond Pass plus VT's 1-50 and there was a full queue of VT holders which I was allowed to join and I did get my Autographs, but do you not think that if a DP Holder for that guest should be given Priority, or allowed to move closer to the of the line. I know I would not objected if a DP was asked to go in front of me on a guest I was not a DP holder for.

4 minutes ago, scifisteve said:

I enjoyed the Event as normal, and I have Good point and Not so point and a Clarification point.

Good: The Placement of Photo E and F into the side rooms allowing for free movement and freeing up much of the Blue Hall  (I call the Halls Blue and Red because of the Balcony Rails ) Balcony as a sitting area.

Not so Good: Showmasters  maybe need to re consider who is going to be VT and then make sure that the VT Tickets are ready to be handed out. Both Manu ( delayed flight ) and Peter ( Filming over run I believe ) so they both lost that days Auto time, On returning on Saturday I went to both their Desks and this was about 9.20 No Queue yet and asked if they where VT, to be told no. I returned 20 minutes later after a photo shoot only to find both on VT's and the numbers up in the 200, surely common sense would dictate that any guest that is going to be there for less time than advertised is going to become peoples priority  ( got Manu but not Peters by the way )

Clarification: This not a complete more of a Question/Suggestion I had Several DP's and did those guests Auto's First when I got to One guest their board was at Diamond Pass plus VT's 1-50 and there was a full queue of VT holders which I was allowed to join and I did get my Autographs, but do you not think that if a DP Holder for that guest should be given Priority, or allowed to move closer to the of the line. I know I would not objected if a DP was asked to go in front of me on a guest I was not a DP holder for.

The DP is worded as a priority to join a queue not priority to get your signature. As you probably saw for yourself the queueing can get pretty hectic and chaotic so trying to slot people into the correct place would be problematic. Also not everyone is as understanding as you seem to be. People would moan. You would then get people wanting to get priority as they had diamond batch 1 and he has batch 3, then “I deserve to get ahead of him because he was VQ 33 and mine is 17 etc.

35 minutes ago, Ravogd said:

The DP is worded as a priority to join a queue not priority to get your signature. As you probably saw for yourself the queueing can get pretty hectic and chaotic so trying to slot people into the correct place would be problematic. Also not everyone is as understanding as you seem to be. People would moan. You would then get people wanting to get priority as they had diamond batch 1 and he has batch 3, then “I deserve to get ahead of him because he was VQ 33 and mine is 17 etc.

The Diamond is worded as guarantee to get your signature would be the exact description. But if no DP holders Show up for a while the Crew will call VT holders. It makes no sense to have the guest sitting their twiddling their thumbs waiting for DP holders.

45 minutes ago, scifisteve said:

Unfortunately sometimes this happens. Often a factor is that the guest arrives later than planned - in those half hour a lot of People could have been seen.

One point which can hopefully be thought about for next year is support for families. Every baby changing table we found in the loos were broken so we really stuggles with that thia year. Not showmasters fault but would be good if they could check that the Olympia is ready to sort these things in preparation. That and the lift issue where by the doors would often get stuck and not open resilting in trapped people for a few trips up and down before they did. We did get an employee to look at it but feel for those inside, must have been stifling in there!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, unsubliminal said:

One point which can hopefully be thought about for next year is support for families. Every baby changing table we found in the loos were broken so we really stuggles with that thia year. Not showmasters fault but would be good if they could check that the Olympia is ready to sort these things in preparation. That and the lift issue where by the doors would often get stuck and not open resilting in trapped people for a few trips up and down before they did. We did get an employee to look at it but feel for those inside, must have been stifling in there!

:o That is definitely something that Olympia should have been handling before a large Show like this. I will make sure to bring this up.

I have a Feeling all Lifts in the Building are a bit… temperamental. >< I got to use one backstage and that one would often stop as well because of some issues with the doors.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

The Diamond is worded as guarantee to get your signature would be the exact description. But if no DP holders Show up for a while the Crew will call VT holders. It makes no sense to have the guest sitting their twiddling their thumbs waiting for DP holders

and I would not expect them to either, and as I understand the DP the same as you QS as a Guaranteed Signature would you not agree that a DP should  maybe moved up in the queue, it is done at the Photoshoots.

15 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

:o That is definitely something that Olympia should have been handling before a large Show like this. I will make sure to bring this up.

I have a Feeling all Lifts in the Building are a bit… temperamental. >< I got to use one backstage and that one would often stop as well because of some issues with the doors.

Thanks Queen, yeah dont think the lift thing can be helped, i dont think the 13 people limit was accurate as it did it with 4 people, although i dont think more could have fit...maybe its like the classic clown car gag?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ravogd said:

I believe it is worded as a Guarantee, and as for your VT point you do not know what number people had as they are removed from you as you enter the queue Diamond Pass Holders are a bit more obvious.

1 hour ago, unsubliminal said:

One point which can hopefully be thought about for next year is support for families. Every baby changing table we found in the loos were broken so we really stuggles with that thia year. 

This is something you should also bring up directly with the Olympia, they have a duty to provide certain facilities. 

• Like 1

Just having caught up on this thread, and have seen:

a) Somebody admitting they are ignorant on a subject and asking to be educated.

&

b) What could have turned into a nasty argument end with a virtual handshake.

Is this really the Internet?

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

46 minutes ago, scifisteve said:

I believe it is worded as a Guarantee, and as for your VT point you do not know what number people had as they are removed from you as you enter the queue Diamond Pass Holders are a bit more obvious.

Maybe I wasn’t clear, I wasn’t meaning the sale of the DP’s wording, that is very clear. My point was in the information on the way a DP operates the wording is all about giving you priority to join queues, not priority to move up them. The general point still stands that it would be very difficult to do and organise in a place where there are multiple queues with not a lot of room and the blue shirts are already stretched with their existing duties. To be fair unless you get a really slow signer, once you actually get in the queue it does not usually take very long at all to get to the guest so being bumped up isn’t going to make that much of a difference anyway.

59 minutes ago, scifisteve said:

and I would not expect them to either, and as I understand the DP the same as you QS as a Guaranteed Signature would you not agree that a DP should  maybe moved up in the queue, it is done at the Photoshoots.

The photo shoots are different. You only have one opportunity to join that queue and therefore when you do you should be allowed into your entitled place in it.

18 minutes ago, natedammit said:

Just having caught up on this thread, and have seen:

a) Somebody admitting they are ignorant on a subject and asking to be educated.

&

b) What could have turned into a nasty argument end with a virtual handshake.

Is this really the Internet?

You missed out:

c) Grumpy person who pretends to be a bear, moaning about the kindness of others

Seems like the internet to me!

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, natedammit said:

This is something you should also bring up directly with the Olympia, they have a duty to provide certain facilities. 

I did drop them an email too as I know this isnt down to showmasters to sort, juat wanted to highlight it

• Like 2

Had a brilliant weekend with lots of success. 

Unfortunately when there was that massive queue for Ian Somerhalder on Sunday and it was getting closer to 6 o’clock and no one was really sure if he’d be able to get through everyone I had a bit of a moment. I was batch 11 DP and I don’t know it was exhaustion, hormones or my anxiety but I had a little cry of panic because I honestly thought I wasn’t going to get the auto. Silly I know. There were lots of lovely people around but a group of girls just pointed and laughed at me and continued to laugh every time they caught my eye. It really got to me especially after Ian talking about the world needing more compassion in his talk earlier in the day. I hope they never get anxious or are in situation where they need support from those they don’t know. Luckily Ian’s beautiful blue eyes and his kindness made it all ok :)

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Queen_Sindel said:

I seem to remember there was always a member of Olympia's staff in each elevator in the previous years. Unless I imagined that? Not that I think it's that necessary, but if people are saying there were elevator troubles this year....

19 minutes ago, Caz1690 said:

Had a brilliant weekend with lots of success. 

Unfortunately when there was that massive queue for Ian Somerhalder on Sunday and it was getting closer to 6 o’clock and no one was really sure if he’d be able to get through everyone I had a bit of a moment. I was batch 11 DP and I don’t know it was exhaustion, hormones or my anxiety but I had a little cry of panic because I honestly thought I wasn’t going to get the auto. Silly I know. There were lots of lovely people around but a group of girls just pointed and laughed at me and continued to laugh every time they caught my eye. It really got to me especially after Ian talking about the world needing more compassion in his talk earlier in the day. I hope they never get anxious or are in situation where they need support from those they don’t know. Luckily Ian’s beautiful blue eyes and his kindness made it all ok :)

Don't worry, it's not silly. You're not the only one who had a moment in that particular situation! :WAVE: Think about how crapy those girls lives must be for finding joy in someone having an emotional moment. I'm happy you got to meet him and stare into those lovely eyes :D

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dogsoldierspoon said:

I seem to remember there was always a member of Olympia's staff in each elevator in the previous years. Unless I imagined that? Not that I think it's that necessary, but if people are saying there were elevator troubles this year....

I had a forced break of several years. But last time I went that was the case, yes.