Great day at LFCC but...

4 minutes ago, Indestructible said:

One quick one from me is I went tech this year by having tickets on the Eventbrite app and also had the Showmasters app, but for photo shoots I was asked what batch number I had, but this isn’t on either app so then had to search through emails to find it. 

Can these be on the eventbrite app in the future or be able to add to my schedule on the Showmasters app?

They are on the tickets in the Eventbrite app, you just have to scroll down.

11 minutes ago, Indestructible said:

One quick one from me is I went tech this year by having tickets on the Eventbrite app and also had the Showmasters app, but for photo shoots I was asked what batch number I had, but this isn’t on either app so then had to search through emails to find it. 

Can these be on the eventbrite app in the future or be able to add to my schedule on the Showmasters app?

I made sure when I bought stuff to make note of batch numbers because of this.  Pain in the rump not having it on there (on Android) though.  Surely if one platform can have the info on then the other should do too.

• Like 2

Over all was an amazing weekend, my only grumble was the placement of Bob Gale on the Friday, the pit boss and the crew member on the stalls were amazing and handled the situation of bob gale showing up late, I felt that knowing that bob was going to be really popular The placement for the Friday was a bit awkward and saw that there were 3 empty bays on the main guest area on the back wall and felt he would have been better there for Friday. This also happened last year with William hope.The other confusion was the photo shoots going on in E and F and how they were laid out. Felt it went in to one big congestion zone getting in and out, and that you had to snake back on your self to put your bag on the table and que up have photo and felt like it should have been u shaped. But over all amazing convention :)

Edited by Not bad for a human!

On 7/27/2019 at 11:17 PM, Queen_Sindel said:

The standing caused one of the worst comments I ever heard since I started going to conventions. A woman behind me in the queue for Robert Carlyle's photoshoot started complaining why attendees in wheelchairs were getting priority cause they were already sitting all day.

I am aware I should have at the very least asked her if she had lost her mind, but for the first time in quite a while I had been at a loss for words.

Maybe should have channeled my inner bear and just clawed her eyes out.

I agree with you.  I was one of those that had extra assistance due to a pre existing medical condition, but for people to behave like that is atrocious. I only wish that there were seats available for those people who required extra assistance to sit and have a breather when having a drink.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gobo1979uk said:

They are never going to give you seating. People have been asking for it for the whole 15 year history of lfcc - it's not going to happen. Seating costs money, people sitting on the hard dirty floor doesn't.

maybe they could clear out the holding bay area as a chill zone , once the pre queue is in at 9 then its a dead space thereafter until the following morning

• Like 2

On 7/27/2019 at 11:27 PM, EllaBlair said:

That is horrendous. People are so completely oblivious sometimes. I didn't use my extra help wristband all times today only if there was a huge queue. I did see us getting a few glares when getting pushed to the front despite my quite obvious disability. People can be horribly ignorant.

I feel access had it a little rough this year on Sunday I was in the queue for Tom Felton I waited for dp to go though, when I was near the front a guy pinged my wrist band and said 'do you actually need that or are you playing the system to get in quicker' the woman in the blue t shirt looked horrified so did the rest of the access people especially when I turned round and said yes I am actually deaf and showed him my hearing aids but becasuse I cover my hair with them no one sees them, he did look a bit shocked after that. He apologised after the photoshoot

• Sad 8

5 minutes ago, DCGIRL1987 said:

I feel access had it a little rough this year on Sunday I was in the queue for Tom Felton I waited for dp to go though, when I was near the front a guy pinged my wrist band and said 'do you actually need that or are you playing the system to get in quicker' the woman in the blue t shirt looked horrified so did the rest of the access people especially when I turned round and said yes I am actually deaf and showed him my hearing aids but becasuse I cover my hair with them no one sees them, he did look a bit shocked after that. He apologised after the photoshoot

What an idiot

Edited by tenaciouspirit
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, DCGIRL1987 said:

Honestly I'm just at a loss for words at some of the comments being made and the suspicious treatment in place of understanding and compassion. I'm just... I'm so sorry you experienced things like this :(

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Broo said:

Honestly I'm just at a loss for words at some of the comments being made and the suspicious treatment in place of understanding and compassion. I'm just... I'm so sorry you experienced things like this :(

Thank you It was an extremely common occurance for me over the weekend from crew and generally public I think if its not visbile then they just dont understand Im more shocked about the wheelchair comments there is no need for general ignorance in this world. I mean that was the only downer of the con when it came to guest meets, photos, stall areas all massive fun and big improvements. I came away very deflated and on sunday evening considered if it was worth the same treatment next year from it it be something I seriously have to consider

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

I have a double nephrostomy (bags from my kidneys bypassing my bladder) which need emptying every couple of hours but otherwise don't look disabled, although I have a blue badge for parking I feel like I'd be cheating getting an extra assistance pass even though I can only stand for an hour maximum before my back becomes unbearable and become tired very quickly.   Not every disability is visible.

I'm going to invest in a seat stick for next time because there will never be dedicated seating, as has been said we've been asking on the feedback survey for years.   It would have been lovely to walk from the car park into the building instead of having to walk all the way around to the entrance.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, Diabolik said:

I actually found seating more available than usual this year, especially outside the cafe area in line with William Shatner’s queue...

Which day was this on? I went on a Saturday.

8 minutes ago, OurDek said:

I have a double nephrostomy (bags from my kidneys bypassing my bladder) which need emptying every couple of hours but otherwise don't look disabled, although I have a blue badge for parking I feel like I'd be cheating getting an extra assistance pass even though I can only stand for an hour maximum before my back becomes unbearable and become tired very quickly.   Not every disability is visible.

I'm going to invest in a seat stick for next time because there will never be dedicated seating, as has been said we've been asking on the feedback survey for years.   It would have been lovely to walk from the car park into the building instead of having to walk all the way around to the entrance.

Although I don't have a blue badge, and like you mine isn't visible.  I got mine for a pre-existing medical condition. I got some funny looks when I was lead to near the front of the queue.  They should also have a more nearer/accessible route for people to get into and also where they can also check-in and get their wristbands.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, paulo said:

maybe they could clear out the holding bay area as a chill zone , once the pre queue is in at 9 then its a dead space thereafter until the following morning

That's a good idea! Seats or benches would be ideal.

I saw a few people bring their own fold-up chairs, must be a hassle to bring them if you have a long commute to get to the venue, but otherwise looks like something worth doing in the future as long as the venue are happy to let them in.  My creaking joints aren't going to be able to cope with standing for several hours solid in the neat future!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DCGIRL1987 said:

What an idiot. Appreciate he apologised but it shouldn't have been said in the first place. We were Diamond for Tom and noticed Extra Help lining up behind us, thought they were meant to go before?

Plus, I'm thinking now I seen you. I think we looked at each other at 1 point when I was in the queue for Tom Felton and gazing round myself and you gave a bit of a smile? Only twigging on now it might have been you. lol

Edited by wjbleming
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, wjbleming said:

We were Diamond for Tom and noticed Extra Help lining up behind us, thought they were meant to go before

Technically it says they will be put towards the front of the queue not at the actual front but they should be inserted as near the front as possible.

• Like 2

My experience was mixed. Every single one of the Photoshoot pit bosses I spoke to over the weekend were incredibly nice, helpful and accommodating, I cannot fault them, and in the Carrie Ann Moss photoshoot, one crew member even found me a chair when it was clear she was going to be late to the shoot (Carrie Ann was incredibly nice when she did arrive however). All of them eased the stress of the day, and made us feel welcome and respected.

There are some negatives however. On Saturday, the Extra Help queue and the Main Queue were released together, when extra help are supposed to go five minutes before. If nothing else this allows us to get clear of the crazy runners for VQTs that seem to have become a feature of LFCC in recent years sadly, even if it doesn't allow us enough time to get upstairs for VQTs ourselves (I'm okay with that, I took the decision to stick to photos and enjoy the con without standing in the longest lines this year anyway, and I have waited downstairs whilst my carer went for them in previous years). The result was we had Extra Help coming from the left, crossing a throng of running con-goers from the right. I pointed this out to security that it was incredibly dangerous and could result in life-changing injury, and received an offensive gesture behind my back which I did not see, but which my Carer did as we moved off. I have 3 separate spine conditions, the only visible evidence of which is a stick and a limp. Someone knocks me off my feet at full tilt, I won't be getting up without a paramedic. We wisely went up the middle aisle towards the back as the runners went for the stairs.

In one photo queue we had a DP holder that very pointedly moved to sit cross-legged in front of the Extra Help queue that he had clearly seen the Pit Boss organise, and then acted like a petulant child when told to go stand behind us. I get he's paid a premium, but he was being asked to let a grand total of half a dozen people go first and clear the area before it got crazy. Sadly, there will always be a few ignorant people who believe money can excuse them from having manners. Even with extra help, I have invested in DPs in the past as well, but even then, there have been people with greater need than I (in my opinion) whom I have happily said "after you" to.

Seating, sadly, is a problem at most conventions, and what seating there is on fold up plastic chairs with no support, which is presumably what the venue can provide. There isn't an easy way round it, mostly for H&S reasons, but yes, it would be very nice to be able to have even just a normal conference chair with a full back to sit on every once in a while (we are considering bringing our own next year). We had to beg, borrow, and steal seats where we could, and once this met with some very terse words from a crewmember.

All that said, as above, I had lots of positive experiences with crew this weekend, I do believe the good very much outweighs the bad. 

I had a great time overall, but the security needs training properly, the VQT system definitely needs an overhaul, and pit bosses need the authority to deal with anyone being offensive in their line.

Edited by blueboy1894
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, wjbleming said:

What an idiot. Appreciate he apologised but it shouldn't have been said in the first place. We were Diamond for Tom and noticed Extra Help lining up behind us, thought they were meant to go before?

Plus, I'm thinking now I seen you. I think we looked at each other at 1 point when I was in the queue for Tom Felton and gazing round myself and you gave a bit of a smile? Only twigging on now it might have been you. lol

Comments like that should be keep to themselves becuase I have my hair covering my ears as I dont like to have them on show it gets abit annoying having to keep proving it to everyone by yanking my hair back, had to actually show memebers of the crew at one point becuase I couldnt hear him he ended up just tutting at me. As there is no loop feed and the venue gets noisy makes it even harder

DP passes have the right to go before you guys have paid for the priviledge of going in first I had batch one on Tom felton and waited quietly to one side untill they where called and joined the queue he thought that I was abusing the system but had been waiting like everyone else . I did give a smile I didnt want to shout out incase you thought I was a crazy lady lol but glad i got a glimpse nice to put faces to the forum :lol:

• Like 1