Dates for next year

4 minutes ago, wjbleming said:

Posted on Twitter that the dates will be announced when finalised with the venue.

Not sure why they would post that on on Twitter when, as Wrong Name says, it’s advertised as 24th-26th July in this years program. Probably just got some t’s to cross and i’s to dot to make it 100% official

8 minutes ago, Ravogd said:

Not sure why they would post that on on Twitter when, as Wrong Name says, it’s advertised as 24th-26th July in this years program. Probably just got some t’s to cross and i’s to dot to make it 100% official

Probably so - anybody booking a hotel for next year already, please make sure it has a cancellation policy.

19 minutes ago, Ravogd said:

The Programmes are sent to printing early - something could have come up last second.

As the Bear has said, any hotel bookings should come with a cancellation Policy.

19 minutes ago, Ravogd said:

I think the issue is that it now clashes with the dates for SDCC, who announced after the LFCC 2020 dates where decided and printed, and when that happened in the past LFCC was changed

3 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

I think the issue is that it now clashes with the dates for SDCC, who announced after the LFCC 2020 dates where decided and printed, and when that happened in the past LFCC was changed

Makes sense. I’ll hang fire for now booking hotels.

53 minutes ago, Ravogd said:

I haven't said anything, have I?

4 minutes ago, Wrong Name said:

I haven't said anything, have I?

No you didn’t. Sorry. It’s my inability to read VikingGrrrl’s post above. It had your pic but that’s because you started the thread. Doh!

• Like 1

• Moderators
On 7/31/2019 at 2:32 PM, Faerie Tanith said:

Gets earlier and earlier by the year. In a few years it'll fall on my birthday! 

It's been all over July in the years since I started - a few years it's been right near the start, some in the middle. It's only the last handful that have been at the end.

On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 9:46 PM, Jambay said:

Hi guys has anyone seen the dates for next year ,o usually see the dates on a poster but haven’t as yet ,I like to book hotel while I’m here and was just wondering ,cheers

It does always seem to fall in the full last weekend of July, so 24th - 26th seems like it will be right anyways!

ONLY 357 days to go..... :whistling:

2 minutes ago, THEBLADEMAS7ER said:

It does always seem to fall in the full last weekend of July, so 24th - 26th seems like it will be right anyways!

ONLY 357 days to go..... :whistling:

Not if, as has been said above it clashes with the big one. It has been moved in the past due to this and it would make perfect sense (for guest availability if nothing else) to do so again.

Even if you book the dates as stated, most hotels will let you change your dates or have a cancellation refund policy.

I'd be tempted to book quite a way in advance. Can always change the dates on the booking without too much of a fuss.

That's what we did this year with our coach tickets (non-refundable but could change the dates) - changed from Mayto July (LFCC).

3 hours ago, Starbuck73 said:

Even if you book the dates as stated, most hotels will let you change your dates or have a cancellation refund policy.

I'd be tempted to book quite a way in advance. Can always change the dates on the booking without too much of a fuss.

That's what we did this year with our coach tickets (non-refundable but could change the dates) - changed from May  to July (LFCC).

You need to be really careful about the refund policy though. Often enough it's really not that easy to change the dates. Each event change there's attendees coming on here going "why does this have to change, I booked non refundable and can't change anything!"

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, scifisteve said:

Think it is Officially 24th to 26th of July according to the update picture on FB....What has happened to the Winter London Event ?

That is the official date for summer.

Winter event was cancelled - but spring event still going ahead.