William Shatner Appreciation!

A big shout out for Mr Shatner, who made time to speak to everyone at the autograph table and photoshoots -the very opposite of his reputation as a machine speed signer with little interaction.

He had everyone at the signing table in stitches asking my wife and I about how long we’d been together and with his comments about my lack of wedding ring (I said it didn’t fit because I’d put too much weight on and he replied, he knew all about that!) He remembered us at the photoshoot and continued where he left off! A brilliant happy guest encounter, one of the best!

I’d love to hear everyone else’s stories about the great man!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I only had a photoshoot with the great man, but for an 88 year old he is a sheer bloody marvel.  How he does it I do not know - something cosmic happened on all those Star Trek sets.  His talk was classic Shatner and one couldn't help but be entertained.  I can see him still doing events like this into his 90s no problem.

I only managed the beginning of the talk due to a clash, but he started off with a bit of a chat about a recent trip to France and a few puns. Then a q&a started with one on Peter Falk and Columbo followed by twilight zone.

Had my photo which was great and he was polite and friendly, top man.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Diabolik said:

How was the talk? What was discussed? Would’ve love to have gone!

His talk was fantastic.  As above he talked about Peter Falk and Columbo as well as his trip to France, his new show Unexplained, a story about putting a fire out on the set of ST-5 to avoid a delay in the production to allow him to start filming as TJ Hooker.  

Was a great talk the man is so natural in front of a crowd, it’s always a pleasure to have him here.

William was an absolute gentleman when I met him yesterday for both photo and auto. I was so happy that he was personalising. He was very welcoming and polite I thought. Professional but lovely. Got a nice fist bump off him too, (as I know he’s not keen on handshakes). Really happy I met him

11 hours ago, simon_m_davies said:

William was an absolute gentleman when I met him yesterday for both photo and auto. I was so happy that he was personalising. He was very welcoming and polite I thought. Professional but lovely. Got a nice fist bump off him too, (as I know he’s not keen on handshakes). Really happy I met him

My wife and I got a fit bump too. In fact my wife got more of a fist bump/grind!:blink2:

Brilliant stories.so glad everyone had a great experience with him. I too have met him quite a few times and have had the good and the speed signing experiences but when you get him on form like this he is amazing.

• Like 1