Diamond Pass Gifts = good

Well I must say this year's Diamond Pass gifts are really quite decent - a President Bartlett notebook for Martin Sheen, a pencil case for Christina Ricci and shades for Charlie Sheen.  Not sure if that's to mark the 15th anniversary but certainly a very welcome change from the usual prints and mugs etc.

• Like 4

I had both Jenna Coleman and Bernard Cribbins DP and the gift was the same for each: a TARDIS power bank, was not happy with that, Sjowmasters definitely need to put more effort into this, espically since they're both in Doctor Who and a LOT I know who went to the convention had BOTH of these DPs, the John Barrowman DP gift was alright but the quality is cheap and tacky, the material used is very low quality and the bag you get with ANY gift, the velcro came off after use,come on Showmasters...

Edited by Dr.1963

2 minutes ago, Dr.1963 said:

I had both Jenna Coleman and Bernard Cribbins DP and the gift was the same for each: a TARDIS power bank, was not happy with that, Sjowmasters definitely need to put more effort into this, espically since they're both in Doctor Who and a LOT I know who went to the convention had BOTH of these DPs, come on Showmasters...

Worth remembering that Jenna wasn’t originally on a diamond pass so there may not have been time to get an additional specific gift made

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Astro_Nut said:

Worth remembering that Jenna wasn’t originally on a diamond pass so there may not have been time to get an additional specific gift made

She was upgraded around 29th May, plenty of time to organise something and as for JB bag, cheap quality, no excuse there, no exduse for either of them...

1 hour ago, Dr.1963 said:

I had both Jenna Coleman and Bernard Cribbins DP and the gift was the same for each: a TARDIS power bank, was not happy with that, Sjowmasters definitely need to put more effort into this, espically since they're both in Doctor Who and a LOT I know who went to the convention had BOTH of these DPs, the John Barrowman DP gift was alright but the quality is cheap and tacky, the material used is very low quality and the bag you get with ANY gift, the velcro came off after use,come on Showmasters...

That’s a tad harsh Dr.1963. The gifts in the past have been lower quality than this year so it is a vast improvement as everyone else is saying. Last year I had several passes (about 4) that were all travel mugs. Some are just a3 prints that I am also not interested in. They gifts are just little extras that are (for most people anyway) not considered that important a part of the package. I have some that the gifts were forgotten about soon after and I couldn’t tell you what they were but the memory of the photoshoot and obtaining the autograph in a stress free way are still clear as day.

Edited by Ravogd
  • Like 1

I thought the gifts this year were great! Some were better quality than others but they were well thought out. I really liked the hip flasks for Tom Felton and Tom Ellis, the Bartlet for President 2020 notebook for Martin Sheen and the headphones for Zachary Quinto.

1 hour ago, Ravogd said:

That’s a tad harsh Dr.1963. The gifts in the past have been lower quality than this year so it is a vast improvement as everyone else is saying. Last year I had several passes (about 4) that were all travel mugs. Some are just a3 prints that I am also not interested in. They gifts are just little extras that are (for most people anyway) not considered that important a part of the package. I have some that the gifts were forgotten about soon after and I couldn’t tell you what they were but the memory of the photoshoot and obtaining the autograph in a stress free way are still clear as day.

I would tell you the reason why I was 'harsh' Ravogd, except, what I would post why I was angry, would be against the forums' rules... 

Edited by Dr.1963

6 hours ago, Dr.1963 said:

She was upgraded around 29th May, plenty of time to organise something and as for JB bag, cheap quality, no excuse there, no exduse for either of them...

Have you ever ordered such items in mass quantities? That's not "plenty of time." 

I was absolutely stunned to see such a harsh post. That was the first year where the gifts were original and thought out and not "just prints" which was one of the major complaints in the past years. 

I'm sorry that something angered you, but please don't take out your anger on the next item coming your way in the future.

• Like 2

Personally I'm not fussed about the gifts. If it means being able to bring the cost down even just a little then do it. I think most are going diamond simply to guarantee a photo and auto. The gift is a nice to have but not a need to have.

• Like 1

When I picked up my DP gift (my first experience with a DP) on my way out, it was handed to me along with a SM bag.  And I laughed because I'd easily spent 20 minutes earlier that day looking for a bag which would fit my photos and autographs.  

::: opening package :::

Aww, there's also a little fan thing in here.  Yeah, I totally should have picked these up at the start of the day.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, EllaBlair said:

I thought the gifts this year were great! Some were better quality than others but they were well thought out. I really liked the hip flasks for Tom Felton and Tom Ellis, the Bartlet for President 2020 notebook for Martin Sheen and the headphones for Zachary Quinto.

The Bartlet for President 2020 notebook was actually too good. It’s been the cause of an argument in my house as to who’s getting it. It was my diamond pass that I paid for and utilised with my own money but of course that means that the notepad belongs to my partner because “you got the photo and the autograph.”  :grump: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I loved my DP gifts - the quote on the wallet for Gina Torres made me laugh - "We live in a spaceship dear" as I had only just watched that episode of Firefly and it will make me think of that particular section of the episode. I liked the USB stick for Christopher Eccleston too; "Lots of planets have a north" :lol: They are almost too nice to use! Like others have mentioned, I was fully expecting to get another mug or a print, so it was a pleasant surprise to get these.

I see there are several different ones mentioned on here - does anyone know what the ones that haven't been mentioned were? I'm just being nosey, so no worries if not!

1 hour ago, Pir8Jenny said:

When I picked up my DP gift (my first experience with a DP) on my way out, it was handed to me along with a SM bag.  And I laughed because I'd easily spent 20 minutes earlier that day looking for a bag which would fit my photos and autographs.  

::: opening package :::

Aww, there's also a little fan thing in here.  Yeah, I totally should have picked these up at the start of the day.

You're not the only one, when I saw the fan I thought the same, I only picked up the gifts on the way out so I wasn't carrying to much around. I thought the fan was a brilliant item and much appreciated. I wish I'd know at start of day too

Edited by Mfahey79
typo

21 minutes ago, MagicalMimi said:

I see there are several different ones mentioned on here - does anyone know what the ones that haven't been mentioned were? I'm just being nosey, so no worries if not!

The two pencil cases.( at least I think they are, I might be wrong). Brendan fraser one has "my archeolgy kit" on it with a mummy on it. The Christina Ricci one has " This is my costume. I'm a homicidal manic.They look just like everybody else". :lol: I was wondering if they changed Ecclestone's this year, that answers my question.

Edited by maegurwen
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, maegurwen said:

The two pencil cases.( at least I think they are, I might be wrong). Brendan fraser one has "my archeolgy kit" on it with a mummy on it. The Christina Ricci one has " This is my costume. I'm a homicidal manic.They look just like everybody else". :lol: I was wondering if they changed Ecclestone's this year, that answers my question.

Both those pencil cases sound awesome! :lol: Aw, I want both of those now!

Liked my DP gifts, but my little fan that came in the SM bag didn't work... I was gutted when I started to melt in the heat of one of the queues! :blink:

Oh well, I guess that'll teach me to take a fan with me next time!