Robert Carlyle Appreciation Post

Brilliant guest! One of the best I have ever met at LFCC before....he was taking the time to personalise everyone’s autographs and talking to them and shaking everyone’s hand at both the autograph table and photo ops.Gutted I missed his talk - i’m sure he had a lot of interesting stories to tell!

• Like 3

Me and my Auntie got his autograph. My Auntie was buying her's for my uncle. She wanted to get a Rumpelstiltskin one signed but my Uncle wanted him sticking his two fingers up in Trainspotting. My Auntie told Robert that she didn't want this picture of him on her wall and wanted one of him as Rumpelstiltskin. He was laughing when she was telling him this. Also when I told him that Rumpelstiltskin was my favorite character of his, he agreed and said it was his favorite character to play. Shook our hands and thanked us for coming.

• Like 1

Robert was so great he was super friendly to everyone and seemed really happy to hear how much we loved Once Upon a Time. Also thank you to the guy in the red shirt running his queue who let me steal his seat until Robert returned from lunch and then rushed me to the front because I had a shoot to get to. Whoever you are you're a star!

• Like 1

Really nice guy, I was one of the last people to meet him before his AM photoshoot so it was probably more rushed than others experiences, but we still talked about his appearance in 24 and his classic performance in 'Cracker' all those years ago.  So pleased that Showmasters are now able to attract actors/people of this calibre.

17 hours ago, RomeroSavini said:

I asked him in the photo shoot if he would pretend punch me for the photo. I got a stern NO! 

I said it was worth a try haha Next time Robert.... :lol:

I asked him why he didn't come in his Full Monty gear and he said that nobody wanted to pay to see that. I said you just never know ;-)

Never got his autograph, but he was wonderful at the photo opp.

Edited by Jo79

On 7/27/2019 at 4:26 PM, theEmperor said:

Brilliant guest! One of the best I have ever met at LFCC before....he was taking the time to personalise everyone’s autographs and talking to them and shaking everyone’s hand at both the autograph table and photo ops.Gutted I missed his talk - i’m sure he had a lot of interesting stories to tell!

Agreed! Robert was a real pleasure to meet, I feel so humbled to have met such a fantastic high quality actor as him. 

His talk was brilliant! I just kinda wish his talk was at the super stage instead of the other one. I wasn't right at the back, I was only about 10 or so rows from the stage but I could barely see him. One thing I remember him saying was when someone asked him what would he have liked Mr. Gold's first name to be and he just said "Bob" :lol: There were some great stories, but sadly, I cannot remember much.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Liv said:

Agreed! Robert was a real pleasure to meet, I feel so humbled to have met such a fantastic high quality actor as him. 

His talk was brilliant! I just kinda wish his talk was at the super stage instead of the other one. I wasn't right at the back, I was only about 10 or so rows from the stage but I could barely see him. One thing I remember him saying was when someone asked him what would he have liked Mr. Gold's first name to be and he just said "Bob" :lol: There were some great stories, but sadly, I cannot remember much.

I loved his talk! Bob Gold it is :lol: