Ian Somerhalder queue

Can I just....? I'm stood in what I can only describe as a crowd right now rather than a queue. Several other people around me have commented on how disorganised this is. Martin Sheen overran but nobody can get close enough to the photo area to ask what's happening. I can barely hear the crew members calls of which batches are going in. Why are there no white boards showing who's shoot is happening this year? It's impossible to move or tell what's going on. 

• Haha 1

His morning shoot did start late.. maybe 15 mins or so later.  Also he was taking his time.  Wasnt the usual rushed photos so not sure hiw many he got through.    I was diamond batch 7 and got mines ok this morning but maybe there were lots of diamonds who didnt come in morning and left it until pm as i know tom ellis and ian same times really am and pm shoots.  

Edited by HeartDT

17 minutes ago, HeartDT said:

His morning shoot did start late.. maybe 15 mins or so later.  Also he was taking his time.  Wasnt the usual rushed photos so not sure hiw many he got through.    I was diamond batch 7 and got mines ok this morning but maybe there were lots of diamonds who didnt come in morning and left it until pm as i know tom ellis and ian same times really am and pm shoots.  

That's a phenomenon I noticed too. Lots of Diamonds not coming for the morning shoots. That certainly does not help the problem.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Queen_Sindel said:

That's a phenomenon I noticed too. Lots of Diamonds not coming for the morning shoots. That certainly does not help the problem.

Yes so glad i got photo and auto this morning.   I will say tho he is a fantastic meet.    Loved meeting him.

I spent 3 hours in Ian’s autograph queue today for diamonds. His pm photo session overran by a very long time so instead of starting signing just after 4, he only got to the start of the afternoon diamonds at 6.40 pm. He still made an effort to have a quick chat with everyone which was appreciated but I think the crew were having heart attacks! I managed to meet him just after 7pm but then had to run out of the building at top speed to make the last train back to Devon so I couldn’t have cut it finer! Full credit to Ian for being very engaging despite how tired he must have been feeling and the crew around us as they were as supportive as they could be, given the circumstances.

I have never experienced chaos like Ian's queue today. In the end it was almost funny in a depressing way. I took to just watching everyone fanning themselves with their tickets for two hours.

Worth it in the end though. He was lovely.

I did make it in the end, but goodness. I felt terrible for my friend who offered to wait with me, and ended up suffering the compact crowds alongside me. Props to Ian though, he was absolutely lovely and so engaging despite how overwhelmed he must have been. I wouldn't have blamed him for herding people through as fast as possible but he gave me a proper good cuddle and a very quick chat before I moved on. I'll risk trying for an autograph tomorrow but I'm not holding my breath. 

Some kind of megaphone system or even the whiteboards near the tops of the walls would be handy next year. People were having to ask each other what the crew members were shouting out because nobody could hear a thing. The organisation was an absolute disaster. I'm sure everyone did the best they could but I don't think I've ever been to such a hectic and disorganised shoot in all the time I've been coming to these events. 

• Like 2