Sunday queue to get in.

Hi all, 

Just a quick one as it's my first time at this particular event. I'm coming on Sunday from Sunny Yorkshire and my first photo shoot isn't until 11:50. Is getting their at 11am a bit risky on queuing to get in?

I was hoping Sundays won't be as manic as Saturday and I don't want to leave too early so have factored in around 4hrs from leaving my gaff to actually getting into the hall but if people think leaving an hour to get in is a bit risky, then I will simply leave earlier.

I know their won't be a definite answer, but if anyone has any prior Sunday knowledge then any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks.

Frank.

Sunday is a bit quieter but is still very busy, personally I might not leave it that late as if you have any delays you don't have much leeway though if its a shoot with a pm session you can go to that.  As people are arriving in a staggered fashion today there were still people queuing to go in at 11.30ish today and it looks like it took a out 30/40 mins to get to the front.  It might be different tomorrow and quicker and you have to be in in time for the end of the session rather than the start as you might not be called first if you have a higher batch number, but if you can get a slightly earlier train I'd consider it. 

26 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Sunday is a bit quieter but is still very busy, personally I might not leave it that late as if you have any delays you don't have much leeway though if its a shoot with a pm session you can go to that.  As people are arriving in a staggered fashion today there were still people queuing to go in at 11.30ish today and it looks like it took a out 30/40 mins to get to the front.  It might be different tomorrow and quicker and you have to be in in time for the end of the session rather than the start as you might not be called first if you have a higher batch number, but if you can get a slightly earlier train I'd consider it. 

Wow really?      Why like this?    We always go early fri and sat but sunday we usually go for our first shoot which isnt until after 10.30 and we havent hsd any trouble just walkong in at 10am before as queue usually all in well before then.... why different this year?   I dont want to do same as usual tomorrow and risk missjng shoot as no pm session

1 minute ago, HeartDT said:

Wow really?      Why like this?    We always go early fri and sat but sunday we usually go for our first shoot which isnt until after 10.30 and we havent hsd any trouble just walkong in at 10am before as queue usually all in well before then.... why different this year?   I dont want to do same as usual tomorrow and risk missjng shoot as no pm session

I may have put it badly.  It will probably be fine, all I can say is that as I left today people were still going in but I think it's more that people are arriving late, not that they have been there since 8 and are still waiting to go in, so the queue is moving quickly but as per comments it's taking about 40 mins to get through the queue, so it might be worth erring on the side of caution and giving yourself a tad more time.  It's probably that the early people and those who arrive around opening all get in fine but big batches of people arriving later on the same trains all slow themselves down if that makes sense - it takes a tiny bit longer to get in as they only have so many security points so whilst checks are quick and people aren't having to wait long at all to get in, they are probably bunching up on themselves a bit.

I hope that makes some sort of sense?

3 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

I am very pleased then.  I am now home so am posting in comfort with slightly achy feet.

Thanks yeah it does.   Back at hotel myself for a little bit.   Going back st 4.30 as have a late photoshoot. And i will also check for last couple.autos i need.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Raylenth said:

I may have put it badly.  It will probably be fine, all I can say is that as I left today people were still going in but I think it's more that people are arriving late, not that they have been there since 8 and are still waiting to go in, so the queue is moving quickly but as per comments it's taking about 40 mins to get through the queue, so it might be worth erring on the side of caution and giving yourself a tad more time.  It's probably that the early people and those who arrive around opening all get in fine but big batches of people arriving later on the same trains all slow themselves down if that makes sense - it takes a tiny bit longer to get in as they only have so many security points so whilst checks are quick and people aren't having to wait long at all to get in, they are probably bunching up on themselves a bit.

I hope that makes some sort of sense?

1 hour ago, HeartDT said:

Hi, 

Thanks for responding and giving me some insight. 

I'm actually driving down and have a car park spot at the Olympia, so after what you've said I will leave at 6am so hopefully there for 10am, giving myself plenty (touch wood) of time. 

It's Mr Sheen (not the spray ;) ) that I'm seeing and I don't see a PM one for him so I defo don't want to miss him. 

Thanks again and sterling work Mr Raylenth.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Frankieboy said:

Hi all, 

Just a quick one as it's my first time at this particular event. I'm coming on Sunday from Sunny Yorkshire and my first photo shoot isn't until 11:50. Is getting their at 11am a bit risky on queuing to get in?

I was hoping Sundays won't be as manic as Saturday and I don't want to leave too early so have factored in around 4hrs from leaving my gaff to actually getting into the hall but if people think leaving an hour to get in is a bit risky, then I will simply leave earlier.

I know their won't be a definite answer, but if anyone has any prior Sunday knowledge then any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks.

Frank.

I arrived this morning at 8.45am and the hall in the queuing area was nearly full but I was in at 9.25am so you should be OK but I wouldn't leave it any later to arrive.

I arrived 9:50 & it took a good 40 minutes to get in. So definitely don’t leave it that late. My friend arrived later & it still took 50 minutes for her to get in. I was a bit taken aback at how slow the queue moved but I think you should budget for 45 minutes queue & then if it’s less that’s a bonus 

Because breakfast at my hotel isn't until 8am I hope to arrive at Olympia about 8:45am tomorrow. Will that be ok do you think to get in by 9:30am? I have DPs so there's no real rush till Tom Ellis photo at 10:30am. I've not attended a Sunday before. Today was crazy but I knew it was going to be. I'm glad I arrived in good time this morning just after 8am but it meant that I had to skip breakfast at the hotel. It sucks that the hotel breakfast doesnt start till 8am at the weekend but eh. 

17 minutes ago, Liv said:

Because breakfast at my hotel isn't until 8am I hope to arrive at Olympia about 8:45am tomorrow. Will that be ok do you think to get in by 9:30am? I have DPs so there's no real rush till Tom Ellis photo at 10:30am. I've not attended a Sunday before. Today was crazy but I knew it was going to be. I'm glad I arrived in good time this morning just after 8am but it meant that I had to skip breakfast at the hotel. It sucks that the hotel breakfast doesnt start till 8am at the weekend but eh. 

Hard to judge but as long as nothing happens to slow the queue and it all runs as it should you should be fine.

10 hours ago, Raylenth said:

Hard to judge but as long as nothing happens to slow the queue and it all runs as it should you should be fine.

Ok, going to keep fingers crossed everything runs smoothly. Thanks Raylenth! No way am I skipping my included hotel breakfast this time!