Matthew Lillard Appreciation

As a long time fan of Matthew Lillard, it's been a joy to see so many fans have fun in his photoshoots as he doled out high fives to the queue before entering his shoot this morning. 

I hope you all enjoyed meeting him at his table, he tries to take his time with fans and espcially has a great rapport with kids!

Did you meet him, did you get a fun photoshoot pose with him? What did you have him sign? 

Edited by StarryKat
asking questions for other fans to answer
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, StarryKat said:

Did you meet him, did you get a fun photoshoot pose with him? What did you have him sign? 

I got an 8 by 10 of him as shaggy and my dvd cover of without a paddle signed. The high five made my day. Brilliant guest.

Haven't had my photo with him yet, but got my Scooby Doo dvd signed when I got in this morning. 

Incredibly sweet guy who appreciated my Shaggy top and seemed genuinely thrilled with my comments on how he was the perfect choice for Shaggy after Casey Kasem. 

And just as I was about to leave, he told me to give him the corner of my top which he then signed as well. Really nice guy. 

Edited by Victoria93
  • Like 1

Omg Matthew Lillard made my day! Had a photo with him on saturday which was running VERY behind schedule. Id had a bad afternoon and by this point i was close to giving up and going home. But i stayed and went in and i think he could tell how i was feeling as he said"fu!!ing hug me" and gave me the tightest hug ever. Really made my day! What a lovely bloke! 

• Like 2

The Alex Kingston cancellation meant I had some spare money, so decided to have an autograph from Matthew. I loved him in Scream and The descendants. After hearing him at his talk I was so impressed with the way he presented himself and he was so funny. I was equally impressed when I reached his signing table. I said I liked the graffiti on his poster behind him and said "I presume that was you?" He gave me a cheeky smile and then as I walked away he got up and drew a spot on the middle of his forehead! :lol:. So down to earth. Great guy 

Highlight of my weekend was Matthew saying "zoinks!" in his Shaggy voice, and then leaning over the table to give me a hug. I wish I could go back and tell 8 year old Scooby Doo obsessed me that one day I would receive a cuddle from Shaggy himself! As soon as I got home I had to put on Monsters Unleashed. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Scream is my favourite slasher/horror flick, me and Matthew actually debated what genre it comes under, amazing guy very nice and seemed genuinely happy to be meeting fans, glad to have met one of the original killers now all I need is every single other scream cast member :lol:except from Jamie Kennedy, got him at LFCC when he was last there 

Matthew lillard was probably my favourite guest there to meet, when we got there he told my dad he was looking buff.  And I know it was a cheeky ask seen as though it said "no posed photographs" I asked anyway so he pretended to sign something else for me and told me to quickly sneak the picture and as I walked away he shouted "GET OUTTA HERE" such a great guy

• Like 2

I bottled it a bit with Matthew. Out of the 20 or so guests I met this weekend, only Robert Carlyle and Matthew had me properly starstruck. :lol: So, I grinned like an idiot and stood there mentally facepalming. :lol: He was lovely though, so happy and smiley and taking his time with every single guest. One of the highlights of the weekend for me, even if I couldn't say my words. :lol:

I found his talk very enlightening. Especially when he was on about struggling as an actor for a long time and having to sell his house. 

I think some fans forget that it’s only something like the top 5% of actors that get paid in £millions. Most find it hard to get by if they aren’t working for a few months or a year. I think that’s why we see bigger stars at cons now as it’s harder to make a living. We should all have more respect for them coming and if they cancel, it’s not because they didn’t want to be there.

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, Charmer said:

I found his talk very enlightening. Especially when he was on about struggling as an actor for a long time and having to sell his house. 

I think some fans forget that it’s only something like the top 5% of actors that get paid in £millions. Most find it hard to get by if they aren’t working for a few months or a year. I think that’s why we see bigger stars at cons now as it’s harder to make a living. We should all have more respect for them coming and if they cancel, it’s not because they didn’t want to be there.

That's why I get frustrated when people moan about prices saying the guests earn tons - even those who have a regular role in a series might not be earning tons and will still have to account for times when they might be written out from the show and not get work for a bit.  It's frustrating.

• Like 5

One of the best guests at the weekend really enjoyed meeting him so down to earth and a great talk, open honest and funny I kinda wanted there to be one on Sunday so I could hear him talk again i would of gone back again lol. Very funny and enaggaing in his autographs an overall great guest experiance

We went to meet Matthew to get a photo signed for my youngest daughter who couldn't come and adores him as shaggy, he was absolutely lovely and gave my daughter a free autograph for caring about her little sister, then the next day he gave her a huge hug when she gave him some sweets :wub: 

I was really impressed when I heard him at his talk and I respect him even more now  :smile: