Photos! Let’s see them!!

1 minute ago, Dr.1963 said:

How do I upload photos from my phone to here? :headscratch:

You have to have them on some sort of external image hosting site like flickr, tiny pic, facebook or anything that'll host them really

Saturday

The Aimee Garcia and Tom Ellis photo ops started at the same time but since Aimee's was slightly shorter I went to hers first. She was LOVELY!! Really friendly chatting with everyone, so very warm in saying hello etc, I asked if I could have a hug for our pic which she was like Of course! and I got a lovely squishy one :wub: 

IMG-20190728-WA0017.jpg

Tom Ellis looked like he was having a lot of fun at his photo session, very comfortable doing poses, very open and friendly, he's just wonderful. Asked for a hug, he was happy to do so :)

IMG-20190728-WA0016.jpg

Next up was Val Kilmer but I've already posted that pic (wonderful wonderful photo op I will never be over getting a hug from him :wub:) so onto Bob Gales photo op. He was really friendly and recognised me from earlier that day :)

IMG-20190728-185528.jpg

Lastly, David Naughton. He was totally up for doing various werewolf poses for folks' photo ops, so when I asked him for a boring hug photo I think he was surprised! :lol: he immediately put his arms around me and I didn't realise he'd pulled a face during the pic and I love it! Cracks me up everytime I look at it :lol:

IMG-20190728-WA0008.jpg

• Like 13
  • Haha 1

Last one: Sunday

First was Martin Sheen and oh my goodness I can only echo what others have said and that's he was so wonderful in engaging with everyone, asking for everybody's name and shaking their hand. I thanked him after our photo was taken and his response was "thank *you* Kim" which just to me showed that he was genuinely listening to what people were saying to him and taking it in, just, yeah, what an experience getting to meet such a legend who was kind and warm and seemed to enjoy meeting us all <3

IMG-20190728-185601.jpg

Robert Patrick was just so at ease with meeting everyone, very friendly, he was recognising folks he'd met earlier in the weekend and just seemed to go the extra mile to make it a great experience for everyone :)

IMG-20190728-WA0015.jpg

And last photo, Brendan Fraser :wub: He was... The whole weekend he seemed repeatedly taken aback and tremendously touched that we were all wanting to meet him I honestly get very emotional thinking about his autos, talk, and photo ops because he truly is such a beautiful person inside and out. He shook my hand before the photo and I have a habit of calling men Sir so his response to my "hello sir" was a smile and "call me Brendan, please" :). When I thanked him after the pic he gave me another very touched smile and said You're Welcome with such warmth I genuinely left getting teary-eyed :wub:

IMG-20190728-185621.jpg

All amazing experiences, thank you Showmasters I am forever grateful to you <3

• Like 17

On 7/27/2019 at 8:21 PM, natedammit said:

She was like that in the AM shoot too. Not a bad experience at all, just compared with some it was a little...underwhelming.

She barely made eye contact (even briefly) and didn’t speak at all during the signing. The photo shoot was no different. I’d understand if it was towards the end of the day because she’ll be tired, but this was fairly early on. Very disappointed, she didn’t seem like she even wanted to be there at all

12 hours ago, Chris1970 said:

I agree. She did pose at my photo and said ”hi” and ”thank you” but like you wrote, we are all different. But it was the most ”distant” encounter of all what I had over the weekend. I met her on Saturday. She was a joy and a nice smile at the signing but did not say anything. I just got the feeling she was not to comfortable in the situation. Well, we are all different. ^_^

I heard a rumour from a friend on FB that some inappropriate sexual comments were made toward her during the AM shoot, that’s why she was the way she was. Whether it’s true or not I don’t know. I know it happened to Carole Ann Ford a few years ago at an event, that’s why she doesn’t allow contact during photo shoots 

I have a photo question. I was really happy with all my photos bar one. I'd have expected the same format to have been used by all the photographers. All bar one took the photos waist up but the Saturday John Barrowman shoot was more chest up and more close up. Is that the photographers personalizing and could I do anything to prevent it in future?

1 minute ago, Longleat68 said:

I have a photo question. I was really happy with all my photos bar one. I'd have expected the same format to have been used by all the photographers. All bar one took the photos waist up but the Saturday John Barrowman shoot was more chest up and more close up. Is that the photographers personalizing and could I do anything to prevent it in future?

All photographers have their own way of doing things. They’ll set the shoot (and the individual shots) up the way they feel is right. You could always try asking for what you want but there just isn’t the time to change much more than portrait or landscape. Imagine if everyone wanted to make sure they got the shots the same at every shoot with every different photographer. It would be chaos.

8 minutes ago, RyanHSaunders91 said:

She barely made eye contact (even briefly) and didn’t speak at all during the signing. The photo shoot was no different. I’d understand if it was towards the end of the day because she’ll be tired, but this was fairly early on. Very disappointed, she didn’t seem like she even wanted to be there at all

It's worth remembering that sometimes there might not be an obvious reason for a guest being less than engaging with people but a reason that is totally understandable and justified if people knew what the reason was.

6 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

It's worth remembering that sometimes there might not be an obvious reason for a guest being less than engaging with people but a reason that is totally understandable and justified if people knew what the reason was.

If a fan pays pays money to meet them, at least say hello, instead of acting like an empty shell 

Just now, RyanHSaunders91 said:

If a fan pays pays money to meet them, at least say hello, instead of acting like an empty shell 

Given what I've read happened she would have been perfectly in her right to say **** the lot of us, go home and not come back if it was true.  I'm sorry she didn't interact like people hoped she would but consider she's human and I'm sure you can appreciate that something might have happened.  We have had guests before who have had bad news about friends and family whilst at the event but who stayed and powered through.  Knowing that would you understand if they were less than bubbly to us?

• Like 10

5 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Given what I've read happened she would have been perfectly in her right to say **** the lot of us, go home and not come back if it was true.  I'm sorry she didn't interact like people hoped she would but consider she's human and I'm sure you can appreciate that something might have happened.  We have had guests before who have had bad news about friends and family whilst at the event but who stayed and powered through.  Knowing that would you understand if they were less than bubbly to us?

I think we read the same things and there were some horribly inappropriate sexist behaviour towards Jenna. No girl should have to put up with that and if I was her I would have been tempted to give up and go home. She stayed I give her props for doing so.

I need to get my photos on here I have a few on my phone but I'll get the rest up later.

• Like 4

Normally I wouldn't do this in the open, but seeing so many people reacted to the removed post I want to be fair to everyone.

Stop it right here, Ryan. You're being unfair and a lot of your comments are completely out of line. A guest tried to still be there for her fans in what was possibly a terrible situation for her. I'm truly sorry she didn't meet your expectations, but there is absolutely no reason to make some of the connections you are making. I really hope you are only writing this because you are upset. I could understand that to a point, but even taking that into account you are going too far. 

Further comments of this kind will not be tolerated, and I will remove your posting rights if this happens again.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mathew said:

IMG_20190728_095941

One with Jessica Martin and two with Rick Gonzalez (who was a brilliant guest). I still need to get my photoshoot ones scanned in

Thats a great pic. I just didn’t have the time to stop and speak to Jessica despite going past her about 20 times a day taking my partner to lift 4. Wish I had though.

• Like 1

I’ve met Jenna and she was lovely, posed for a selfie and signed an autograph between filming her final season on Who.

If she was out of sorts on the weekend and it was because of some jerk who’s mistreated her then that’s completely justified...

• Like 6

30 minutes ago, Diabolik said:

Great photos! Damn, I wish I’d had a Captain’s chair photo shoot!

Same here. I got one a few years ago at DST but it was taken from much further away and Bill & I are quite small in the photo. This one looks much better.

• Like 1