Jason isaacs Appreciation

I met him a DST last year and he was amazing. So kind to my partner in her wheelchair. His talk there was hilarious and one of the most entertaining and anecdote ridden talks I’ve attended. I’d  thoroughly recommend his free talk if you can make it.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, EllaBlair said:

So glad to hear this! I have a diamond pass for him on Sunday.

He was absolutely lovely.   Spoke away for ages.  Very relaxed and natural convo telling a couple fumny stories etc.    Enjoy you meet and photo with him

He was so wonderful, funny and patient. We talked about doing things with your house and I had to say we should all have a house elf. ^_^ He answered: ”I had one but a pesty four eyes took it from me” So classic!!  :D

Edited by Chris1970
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

Glad I met Jason as well! He had a sense of humour, as when I referred to him as Mr. Isaacs, he turns and say, "Please, it's Jason. It's only Mr. Isaacs if I'm being arrested.... or having a certain type of -oscopy." (Paraphrasing that last part, in case it's not really family friendly. lol)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I'll confess that he was on the top of my 'if one of my primary guests cancels then I can afford him' pile (I can only afford a few and so then have to prioritise) but after such a brilliant talk on Saturday just had to meet him. His talk was brilliant and he seems very relaxed doing this sort of thing (contrary to what he said in his talk!) and it was a pleasure to meet him. Now I need to go and see whether my bank is willing to accept a kidney as part payment... Definitely no regrets though!

• Like 1

Jason was absolutely outstanding. He’s gone straight into my top 5 guests I’ve ever met. I got to meet him early on Friday with my Diamond Pass and he was so warm, kind and genuine. So very humble too. Spoke to me for a good amount of time about how lucky he was to play such fantastic roles that make him popular but for every great character he turns down a bunch of scripts that aren’t that great. We then spoke about Star Trek Discovery and he was telling me his thoughts on season 2. He said to me that people like me who wait to meet him must leave disappointed as he’s just a normal guy with a family who happens to be good at acting...I was far from disappointed! Absolute wonderful man.

• Like 1

Once upon a time, Matt Smith told a story about how when he was cast as The Doctor, the BBC sent him to "celebrity school," where they taught him how to properly behave on chat shows, and how to interact with fans.

Whenever I see certain traits in actors -- like kneeling down to talk to children on their level -- I assume they either went to celebrity school or are just naturally good at this.

Jason Isaacs is one of those people.  Either he was taught, or he's naturally very good at this.

19 hours ago, Pir8Jenny said:

Once upon a time, Matt Smith told a story about how when he was cast as The Doctor, the BBC sent him to "celebrity school," where they taught him how to properly behave on chat shows, and how to interact with fans.

Whenever I see certain traits in actors -- like kneeling down to talk to children on their level -- I assume they either went to celebrity school or are just naturally good at this.

Jason Isaacs is one of those people.  Either he was taught, or he's naturally very good at this.

I think natural.    It was kudt way he spoke to my husband about star trek... he immediately.got animated and excited.  Seemed very natural and relaxed.  Also at photoshoot he spotted my tshirt which was a platform 9 3/4 and asked me if i had been to the one at   Kings Cross and when i said no as live in scotland he told me i should try to get :)

I have been a fan of Jason's since Event Horizon and have tried to meet him before.  Usually ending in failure and injury.  I was so over the moon that he was a guest at DST that I booked the moment he was announced.   Finally after a 21 year wait I met him and was absolutely amazing.  Really lovely and made sure each person got a special moment with him.

I have a heart condition which is getting worse so after 14 years of attending LFCC I decided that 2019 would be my last for a while.  I was over the moon that Jason got announced.  I splashed out and got the diamond pass and began to look forward to the event.  

Two weeks prior to the event I discovered I actually had heart valves damage and was upset that I might not be able to go.  Thankfully was given the all clear to go.  

Bar some confusion regarding my photo the whole thing was absolutely perfect.  Managing to top my experience at DST.  Jason was an absolute gentleman.  Funny and a delight in his talk.  Brilliant and giving with all my friends.  He then gave me encouragement to face what might happen next with my health.   Really lovely and dream come true meet.  

Thank you, SM, for inviting Jason.  Thank you to Jason Isaacs for giving this crazy idiot the best highlight to end a 14 year attendance of LFCC with :wub2:

Edited by Legolassie Malfoy
Spelling
  • Like 6

I didn't meet Jason Isaacs, but I went to his talk and he was great! If I had not been able to get Ian McDiarmid's autograph on Saturday, I would have gone for Jason on Sunday. He is definitely at the top of my list for future events!

On 7/31/2019 at 8:06 PM, Legolassie Malfoy said:

I have been a fan of Jason's since Event Horizon and have tried to meet him before.  Usually ending in failure and injury.  I was so over the moon that he was a guest at DST that I booked the moment he was announced.   Finally after a 21 year wait I met him and was absolutely amazing.  Really lovely and made sure each person got a special moment with him.

I have a heart condition which is getting worse so after 14 years of attending LFCC I decided that 2019 would be my last for a while.  I was over the moon that Jason got announced.  I splashed out and got the diamond pass and began to look forward to the event.  

Two weeks prior to the event I discovered I actually had heart valves damage and was upset that I might not be able to go.  Thankfully was given the all clear to go.  

Bar some confusion regarding my photo the whole thing was absolutely perfect.  Managing to top my experience at DST.  Jason was an absolute gentleman.  Funny and a delight in his talk.  Brilliant and giving with all my friends.  He then gave me encouragement to face what might happen next with my health.   Really lovely and dream come true meet.  

Thank you, SM, for inviting Jason.  Thank you to Jason Isaacs for giving this crazy idiot the best highlight to end a 14 year attendance of LFCC with :wub2:

Such a shame to hear your condition is preventing you from coming to the con for nowI hope you recover suitably soon enough to start attending and enjoying LFCC again. All my best wishes.

• Like 1

Me and my daughter were stood in his auto queue and we could see he was really chatty. We were panicking as we didn't know what to say so we had a little discussion while we waited.

I was wanting to meet Jason for films such as Armageddon and The Patriot while my daughter wanted to meet him for HP.

We decided that mentioning Dobby would break the ice and when it got to be our turn, the conversation went like this:

Me: Hi Jason, great to meet you! We still can't believe how mean you were to Dobby!

Jason: F*ck him! He deserved to die! The annoying little s***!

And that was the ice breaker, it was all laughs from there, what a lovely bloke he was!

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

On 8/2/2019 at 3:33 PM, Ravogd said:

Such a shame to hear your condition is preventing you from coming to the con for nowI hope you recover suitably soon enough to start attending and enjoying LFCC again. All my best wishes.

Thank you ever so much.  I hope to attend again in the future.  

• 4 weeks later...