Day One

Day 1, was a very nice day, How it should be. Air Con was on and it felt very nice inside the venue, Three of my Guests cancelled,  and I missed one photo shoot as they let the guest leave 10 minutes early, after me rushing through a photoshoot to get there.... Never mind going to try again tomorrow. Crew in Photo A were fantastic and very professional as always. Photo Shoot C crew were good too... Those handing out the photos. I did the Rob Liefeld and Deadpool Photo and must say it looks amazing, I think SM should cash in on some of these type of photos. Well Day 1 over and my Hooves are killing me already.....I came away with 18 Photo shoots and 11 Autos. Would of got lot more Autos but the 8x10 photos for the Stormtroopers really need to be changed for better ones.  Day 2 tomorrow and the Lists get bigger. :P

• Like 3

Yeah I think there are some issues to work out with the new format.  I went to Gina's auto as soon as I was out of the shoot and saw they had called all DP's and all Golds at the same time.  Not a good idea generally but especially not with a very late guests who's going to have a huge queue.  I appreciate they may have wanted to have a queue to get people through but probably not the best way given how many Gold pass holders there were - also Gold's aren't supposed to have priority for DP guests, so it should have just been form VQ 1 onward if they were calling other than the DP's.

2 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Yeah I think there are some issues to work out with the new format.  I went to Gina's auto as soon as I was out of the shoot and saw they had called all DP's and all Golds at the same time.  Not a good idea generally but especially not with a very late guests who's going to have a huge queue.  I appreciate they may have wanted to have a queue to get people through but probably not the best way given how many Gold pass holders there were - also Gold's aren't supposed to have priority for DP guests, so it should have just been form VQ 1 onward if they were calling other than the DP's.

Yeah I mean I’d appreciate clarity on the rules. Because if it’s diamond, gold & then VQ for autos from now on that’s fine but means I’m unlikely to buy a diamond pass again. Sure I’d run the risk the guests don’t get off diamond passes but by & large it would still pay for itself. But I’m assuming it was a mix up?  

10 minutes ago, VikingGrrrl said:

I noticed that on several boards for auto queue for DP guests it said "Diamond, Gold, VQ 1-x". Maybe new crew mixing up how auto works with how photo works for DP guests when it comes to gold passes.

I went over as I had a diamond pass only to hear a blue shirt tell someone that the whole point of the diamond pass was that they were not waiting around and to come back later. (I think, hall was a little loud) think I got back at 4, they let me in but I was behind vq holders. (I think, or it could have been gold, not entirely sure.) I got my auto in the end.

Edited by maegurwen

We didn’t get in until 3pm as when we got to our hotel after the slog of a drive our pre-paid “guaranteed” parking space was not quite as guaranteed as they claimed. Mad dash about Putney Bridge area looking for 3 days parking meant we were later getting there. Not much planned for today due to the arrival time, but I had a photo with Leslie Easterbrook,  Lee Majors and Robert Picardo. Lyndsey got autos from Rusty Goff (Who thought my grandkid was my daughter what a lovely man) and Michael Carter. Nice moment at the Lee Majors shoot. He was early and was ready to go when they realised they had some Billy Dee Williams ones to do and when Billy came in he had a chat and a hug with Lee and he asked the photographer to take a pic of the 2 of them together before taking his last pics and leaving so our shoot could start. I love seeing moments like that between the guests.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Persephone1 said:

Yeah I mean I’d appreciate clarity on the rules. Because if it’s diamond, gold & then VQ for autos from now on that’s fine but means I’m unlikely to buy a diamond pass again. Sure I’d run the risk the guests don’t get off diamond passes but by & large it would still pay for itself. But I’m assuming it was a mix up?  

I had vq 8 for Gina i was not diamond or gold, the board said diamond only when i got there around 3pm, was told by the pit crew member that the gold were going through after the diamond,i asked  have the rule changed as it use to be diamond then vq and gold pass needed a vq to get an auto from a dp guest, they said yes, as long as they had a vq ticket they go through first, so i asked.. if a gold pass member had vq 250 and i have vq 8 they can now go in first for a dp guest, they said yes regardless of ticket number as long as they have a vq ticket.

Had some issues getting in to YALC (mid afternoon) as the security guard at the stairs wouldn't let us in as we didn't have a wristband or hand stamp. 

Clarified with a Red Shirt downstairs that we were allowed access and got the lift up - no problems then, but didn't enjoy the way he spoke to us. 

Otherwise a smooth sailing sort of day, got what we wanted for the day and had a good browse of the stalls downstairs. 

1 hour ago, StuartG2198 said:

To all those that came and said hi to QS and I we were bother really pleased to meet you!!

I didn't see you guys! Need to see if I can find you tomorrow! Think I might have spotted QS on one occasion (if she had a photo with..umh.. Isaacs I think?), or it was her evil twin.

23 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Got everything done I needed to today.  Saw a pair of Lemmings scurrying by and a Viking lady with a Chris in the queue hall, I am very tired and have a cold so I am grumpy now.

Say hi if you see me tomorrow! I assume you're going?

2 minutes ago, cptpugwash said:

I had vq 8 for Gina i was not diamond or gold, the board said diamond only when i got there around 3pm, was told by the pit crew member that the gold were going through after the diamond,i asked  have the rule changed as it use to be diamond then vq and gold pass needed a vq to get an auto from a dp guest, they said yes, as long as they had a vq ticket they go through first, so i asked.. if a gold pass member had vq 250 and i have vq 8 they can now go in first for a dp guest, they said yes regardless of ticket number as long as they have a vq ticket.

Oh dear! That’s not how it’s meant to be. If the rules have been changed like that we should have been notified. Because it means I could get my gold pass rock up to a diamond pass guest pick up VQ 700 & whaltz in before any of the normal VQ tickets & probably before other diamond pass holders based on today.  Other cons are VERY hot on priority levels re tickets because they know you mess it up & people won’t play. I think we could do with clarity so we can make a decision as to what to buy in future.

On a non grumpy front the diamond pass goodies were excellent this year. Really well thought out and unique 

1 minute ago, Persephone1 said:

Oh dear! That’s not how it’s meant to be. If the rules have been changed like that we should have been notified. Because it means I could get my gold pass rock up to a diamond pass guest pick up VQ 700 & whaltz in before any of the normal VQ tickets & probably before other diamond pass holders based on today.  Other cons are VERY hot on priority levels re tickets because they know you mess it up & people won’t play. I think we could do with clarity so we can make a decision as to what to buy in future.

On a non grumpy front the diamond pass goodies were excellent this year. Really well thought out and unique 

I did have dp for Zachary Quinto, was expecting a poster as gift, was very surprised and very pleased to get a bag, some in ear ear phones in a star trek case.

Well... day one over and i am exausted but very happy.

Autos got....

William Zabka.... lee majors.... william shatner.....zachary quinto.......joe flanigan......nicole deboar... walter koening.... jason isaccs

Photos....

Lee majors..... william zabka......joe flanigan.... nicole deboar.

• Like 1

Didn't have any diamond guests (heck didn't have any vq guests, easy day was easy!) so doesn't effect us, but if that is a policy change that gold with vq trumps low vq then the golds wouldn't need their head start over GA for getting vq's I would think. 

6 minutes ago, VikingGrrrl said:

Say hi if you see me tomorrow! I assume you're going?

I'm scheduled to be there, I'll have to see how I am in the morning but I'm coming Sunday as well.  And likewise!

1 minute ago, cptpugwash said:

I did have dp for Zachary Quinto, was expecting a poster as gift, was very surprised and very pleased to get a bag, some in ear ear phones in a star trek case.

The DP gifts were really nice! Love my Hayden power bank that says "You underestimate my power" :D

Friday:

Auto:

Ian Whyte, Annette Jones, Karen David, Nicole De Boer, Gemma Whelan, Alfie Allen, Jason Isaacs, Robert Patrick, Shazad Latif

Photo:

Gemma Whelan, Alfie Allen, Jason Isaacs, Nicole De Boer, Karen David, Robert Patrick

• Like 3

The diamond/gold issue in the Gina Torres queue was replicated in the Tom Felton queue, who was another late starter - unlike Gina, he really did look a bit jetlagged/frazzled!

I had VQ #9 but was allowed in with my gold pass!  Fortunately someone quickly realised what was going on and banished all but Diamond Batch 1s from the queue and got things back on track.  But Tom seemed to race through the autos as I had met him anyway by about 3pm.

9 hours ago, Broo said:

The poor blemings and @VikingGrrrl had to tolerate me fangirling over meeting Michael shanks just a few minutes ago. Thanks guys for your tolerance!!! <3 

I wasn't too far of you at this point.

Maybe i will say hello next time :p

For my first day, all my planning has been done and even more than expected (thanks for the late manu bennet talk :p ) so it's a very good start

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Spacecadet is here said:

I did the Rob Liefeld and Deadpool Photo and must say it looks amazing

I must have seen you then as I did it too and I believe there was a grand total of 16 of us :lol:

So happy with mine and agree completely this should happen more!