Day One

3 minutes ago, VikingGrrrl said:

Diamond passes are now day specific. You can only get photo/auto/talk that is on the day you bought the DP for.

I didn’t know this. I’ll usually get all 3 on the same day anyway but seem to recall that it used to be DP’s don’t guarantee getting autos on the same day especially if the guest is a busy one.

3 minutes ago, VikingGrrrl said:

@DCGIRL1987 I'm so sorry that happened to you! If you have any problem tomorrow, do let me know and I'll try and come over and help you!

Thank you hun that’s really nice hoping tomorrow will be better guessing first day stress and all that normally never have an issue always full of love and fun so I was surprised as well xx

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, tenaciouspirit said:

Had a really nice quiet day today. Only 3 autos and 2 photos . Got to relax and watch some great talks. Also as I was walking to a photo, I saw a bunch of you guys in a group. I was only walking by, but I'm pretty sure I saw a @Broo @Wrong Name and the blemings

Aw no you should have walked over and said Hi!

13 minutes ago, DCGIRL1987 said:

Thank you hun that’s really nice hoping tomorrow will be better guessing first day stress and all that normally never have an issue always full of love and fun so I was surprised as well xx

Hey same thing I'll be happy to help too. You'll probably see me in the extra help queue in the morning (short, red hair, crutch) make sure you say hi if you spot me! 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, StuartG2198 said:

To all those that came and said hi to QS and I we were bother really pleased to meet you!!

It was great to get to meet you and have a wee chat, and same goes for @Queen_Sindel (that was only very brief though since it was in a photo op queue, hope to manage a longer chat another time!) :)

2 hours ago, DCGIRL1987 said:

So to start first day guest I meet so lovely and chatty, some great free talks, and layout so much better 

only thing that ruined it for me I’m usually one to praise but after I had leave because the crew member had me tears was the way I was spoken to 

on two occasions I had vq tickets low number no diamond pass queue  and have an access band one for one of the crew to look at me up and down and raise an eyebrow and told me to come back twenty mins later I came back twenty mins later to be told that person was going for lunch ok fine. I stepped back two people with access bands walked up and was allowed in the queue. Prepared to let that go second incident was told I couldn’t join a queue as vq had 1-120 I had 101 they said that guest was only doing up to 95 again another access banded person walks up they show there band and was walked to the front of the queue I heard one lady tell me that I shouldn’t get a band 

in all apart from these incidents I had a all round good time 

I am absolutely incensed by this. I would have asked for his name or least gone and gotten a red shirt. How dare anybody decide whether you can or can’t get a band. That’s what the extra help people are there to do, not somebody manning the queues. You have my every sympathy and I hope Showmasters do the decent hing and fully investigate this.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

First day over indeed! Wrecked by the end of it! It was a pleasure to see @Wrong Name, @Broo, @StuartG2198, @Chris1970, @Ravogd and @PenThePirate again, seeing @Raylenth from afar, as well as meeting @VikingGrrrl and @Queen_Sindel for the first time!

Did try and speak to the bear but he was being his usual self. ;)

Here's to the next 2 days!

Edited by wjbleming
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chris1970 said:

I really hate having a hard time finding & seeing you all, sometimes hard to find out who is who in the crowd. At least I got to say hello to @Broo @Raylenth @Wrong Name @wjbleming I hope to see more of my forum friends tomorrow. By the way.. love your GB t-shirt @Wrong Name

I stood out like a sore thumb today and none of you found me. Hahahaha I win LFCC hide and seek. 

OK @wjbleming did manage to find me and he wins first prize

• Haha 2

Lovely first day and first Con :)

Everyone from staff and crew was really helpful and cheery and although it was really hot I was prepared with my mini fans! 

Feet hurt a little but nothing that a good nights sleep won't fix.

My only real issue was when I headed to the Jason Momoa standard shoot with my Diamond Pass and asked a crew lady about what to do since it clashed with AA on the Iron Throne. She told me I'll be fine going to Jason first since I had a DP and that it was going to be very quick. 10 mins before the end of the Iron Throne shoot Jason's queue started moving but I abandoned it with a heavy heart and a not-fully-clipped DP. Couldn't miss Alfie though. 

Manu Bennett's shoot being so late didn't fit into my schedule anymore, sales desk crew were amazing and refunded ❤️

All in all I'm crying for my Jason Photo Op but still had a fantastic day!

13 minutes ago, Ravogd said:

I am absolutely incensed by this. I would have asked for his name or least gone and gotten a red shirt. How dare anybody decide whether you can or can’t get a band. That’s what the extra help people are there to do, not somebody manning the queues. You have my every sympathy and I hope Showmasters do the decent hing and fully investigate this.

Sadly it was a she and didn’t see her name but was working near the Gemma whelan and Matthew illiard queue at the time no red shirts about but it was extremely busy round this area. I just hope people are briefed more tomorrow and no more upset tomorrow fingers crossed 

Had a really nice day. Lots of space & very well laid out I thought. Staff seemed (mostly) to be very on it. Perennial problem of wildly underestimating how popular the horror guests will be. Robert Patrick was also positioned somewhere with no space & was v popular (and unbelievably slow god bless him).

My only issue was being rather unimpressed with being told I couldn’t join Gina Torres queue “until the gold pass holders had gone through.” I was a diamond pass holder & when they did let me join was behind a ton of golds with no VQ ticket. This happens every year & drives me insane. Diamond guests all that matters is diamond passes & VQ tickets. I spoke to a couple of guys who were brazen that they never buy diamonds as they can talk their way into any queue with a gold pass. Makes the rest of us seem like fools for paying the diamond guarantee! I just feel like the various different passes have been around long enough now that this should never be happening. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EllaBlair said:

Hey same thing I'll be happy to help too. You'll probably see me in the extra help queue in the morning (short, red hair, crutch) make sure you say hi if you spot me! 

Same goes for me. Big guy (ok fat who am I kidding), beard, kilt, pushing a stunningly beautiful woman (contractually obliged to say that) in her wheelchair with a small Snow White that won’t be able to stand still!

12 minutes ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

Glad to hear that everyone has had a great time. I'm looking forward to hopefully meeting many of you on Sunday. :thumbup:

Shame as we all clubbed together today and decided we would all hide from you.

• Haha 2

A great first day, 9 autos and 4 photos. Matthew Lillard is a real scream (pun intended) chatting for ages with everyone in his queue and having a blast in his photo shoot, CJ Graham kept pulling my arm when I shook his hand, not sure why, think he was being friendly, he was a nice guy and a great Jason Voorhees so I can forgive him,  David Naughton was pleasant to meet but had a nice surprise to discover Bib Fortuna also played the tube guy in An American Werewolf in London and he even wrote THAT QUOTE on his autograph for me. Meeting the kids from Village of the Damned was a real coup too. The only disappointment was how frail Barbara Shelley looked and I was not overly surprised when her photo shoot was cancelled.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Raylenth said:

Got everything done I needed to today.  Saw a pair of Lemmings scurrying by and a Viking lady with a Chris in the queue hall, I am very tired and have a cold so I am grumpy now.

Glad you got all you wanted. Con crud strikes early. Yuk.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

It's a yearly conspiracy. That explains why I'm never able to find anyone.

Well I won't hide from you (you may want to hide from me :laugh:). Hopefully see you at the Colin/Nicola photo session. :coolthumb:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Persephone1 said:

My only issue was being rather unimpressed with being told I couldn’t join Gina Torres queue “until the gold pass holders had gone through.” I was a diamond pass holder & when they did let me join was behind a ton of golds with no VQ ticket. This happens every year & drives me insane. Diamond guests all that matters is diamond passes & VQ tickets. I spoke to a couple of guys who were brazen that they never buy diamonds as they can talk their way into any queue with a gold pass. Makes the rest of us seem like fools for paying the diamond guarantee! I just feel like the various different passes have been around long enough now that this should never be happening. 

I noticed that on several boards for auto queue for DP guests it said "Diamond, Gold, VQ 1-x". Maybe new crew mixing up how auto works with how photo works for DP guests when it comes to gold passes.