First time attendee with a few questions!

18 minutes ago, darkknight93 said:

Shame! Would've been a good system! Anyway, okay so plan I believe is going to be to purchase Brendan Diamond Pass (as soon as I have clarification that I think he just has the one photoshoot tomorrow afternoon?) and then photos for Tom/Ian tomorrow ( just checked Ian's and batch 7 available so guessing that will be afternoon?) and then we'll try VQ's for Matthew Lillard and Robert Patrick.

Seeing the above, do you think arriving for around 11am /12pm should be okay?

As Raylenth just said, VERY unlikely with Robert Patrick, if you turn up at that time. I got VQ 167 yesterday and when I checked at 3:45, he was only on number 80!

I did eventually manage to get him, at about 5:30, but that was only because his queue has got a bit shorter, so they let 2 of us in. They were still only calling up to 120 at that point.

11 minutes ago, AndyDrums said:

As Raylenth just said, VERY unlikely with Robert Patrick, if you turn up at that time. I got VQ 167 yesterday and when I checked at 3:45, he was only on number 80!

I did eventually manage to get him, at about 5:30, but that was only because his queue has got a bit shorter, so they let 2 of us in. They were still only calling up to 120 at that point.

Hmmmm I see, do you think arrival for 10 would be much better? Also any experience with Matthew's queue?

1 minute ago, darkknight93 said:

Hmmmm I see, do you think arrival for 10 would be much better? Also any experience with Matthew's queue?

Did you read my bit?  I was there at 7.15 and got a VQ for Robert in the 200 range.  If you want auto's from known slow guests you have to be there early.

When it comes to auto's outside of the Diamond passes no one can give you any guarantees, so unless it's someone who is a smaller name and won't have much of a queue and we can therefore say you will be fine, there's only so much we can tell you.  If you want auto's from most big names it's better to get there as early as you can or accept there's a high chance you possibly won't get them if you arrive later.

Even arriving early is no guarantee and it's just the way it is.  As Andy said, if they only called up to 120 for Robert  on Friday it may be that you have to be very very early to get a low VQ for him, or get very very luck, but it's best to know that there's always a chance you won't get called if the guest is known to be slow.  

Okay, so we're considering driving down instead of the train, if we get to london for 9 and try to be at the Olympia for 9:15 - 9:30 do you think that gives us a fair chance to meet the additional guests without diamond passes? I understand what you've said here but I'd just like the input of a few people who have attended Friday and Saturday, what time did you arrive and get your VQ's? Were you able to meet who you wanteD?

9 hours ago, darkknight93 said:

Thanks very much again all, much appreciated! Thinking of buying a Diamond pass for Brendan for tomorrow, these are still available I take it? Then my partner is thinking of photos for Ian/Tom - Can I just check if we do purchase the 3 are they then definitely guaranteed to happen? Just we're coming a long way and obviously don't want to be disappointed.

ALSO anyone there could you tell us what the queuing is like for Brendan, Ian and Tom? With a diamond pass is there any queuing involved? or is it just a short queue whenever your numbers called? 

Oh and saw a short video which had Matthew Lillard and Robert Patrick signing, I take it they're queues are fairly easy and quick to get through?

We're thinking of arriving for about 10am  just FYI so hopefully that's fine?

EDIT : If I purchase a diamond pass do I still need to purchase a separate entry ticket? - nevermind found my answer to this!

EDIT AGAIN: If I've got a diamond pass is it okay for my partner to come up to the guests table with me (no autograph purchase from her)? and to also be with me in a photoshoot queue? Surely they can't separate us? 

Thanks

Just to say Matthew & Robert were both unbelievably busy today and Robert really takes his time. It will be quieter tomorrow but don’t assume you’ll easily be able to get either without getting there early.  Only the smaller guests queues are easy to get through. I had a VQ for Robert & waited about 30 minutes in his queue

2 hours ago, darkknight93 said:

Okay, so we're considering driving down instead of the train, if we get to london for 9 and try to be at the Olympia for 9:15 - 9:30 do you think that gives us a fair chance to meet the additional guests without diamond passes? I understand what you've said here but I'd just like the input of a few people who have attended Friday and Saturday, what time did you arrive and get your VQ's? Were you able to meet who you wanteD?

Hi dark night, today was my first time ever going to an event like this of any kind. I got to the event at about 8:15, managed to meet Hayden Christensen, Billy Dee Williams, Jason Momoa, Brendan Fraiser, (had an Ian Mc D diamond pass) and a host of Stargate actors. I’d advise being there early, but if you’re able to stay till closing then do. Tiring day but I didn’t miss out on anyone (interested in Robert myself)

2 minutes ago, Eoin2211 said:

Hi dark night, today was my first time ever going to an event like this of any kind. I got to the event at about 8:15, managed to meet Hayden Christensen, Billy Dee Williams, Jason Momoa, Brendan Fraiser, (had an Ian Mc D diamond pass) and a host of Stargate actors. I’d advise being there early, but if you’re able to stay till closing then do. Tiring day but I didn’t miss out on anyone (interested in Robert myself)

Thanks for sharing your experience from today, some great meets there for sure! We're just really in two minds of when to set off, due to different commitments it's unlikely we'll get much sleep tonight and the thought of driving for several hours in the early hours of the morning isn't much fun. Are there no diamond passes available for Matthew or Robert? 

Also what are gold passes? and are these sold out?

1 minute ago, darkknight93 said:

Thanks for sharing your experience from today, some great meets there for sure! We're just really in two minds of when to set off, due to different commitments it's unlikely we'll get much sleep tonight and the thought of driving for several hours in the early hours of the morning isn't much fun. Are there no diamond passes available for Matthew or Robert? 

Also what are gold passes? and are these sold out?

No bother, unfortunately I can’t help you with Matthew but Robert isn’t a diamond guest. I think the gold ticket allows you in 5 minutes earlier to get VQs which wouldn’t be of much help to you. I wouldn’t be saying oh you definitely won’t get them (in fact I’d be thinking a lot of people have already met him the past two days) but obviously other people here are more experienced then me

Gold passes mean you don't need VQ tickets for non Diamond guests but you still need to get VQ's for any Diamond guests, and yes, you get in 5 mins before the main crowd, however for auto's even with a gold you can be sent away if the queue is full with people they have called - it's good if you want to get loads of photo's and it can help you with getting VQ's and if you want to do loads of mid range guests but again, there's no guarantee - you'd probably get most of the people you want but there may alwasy be one who's hard to get for reasons.  It's an expensive way of doing a couple of guests but if you are desperate for an non Diamond VQ guest, I wouldn't say don't get one if you can afford it and think it will help, but you need to understand what they do and don't do and work out if it will help you I think.

You won't be able to get one for this LFCC anyway as they aren't in the shop any more, you might be able to buy one at the Sales desk tomorrow but as they are inside the venue which doesn't open until 9 by the time you do that it might be pointless and a waste of money for this event.