No cheaper late entry tickets this year?

1 minute ago, Wrong Name said:

This changed a good few years ago now for LFCC. I can't remember the reason.

Was it not the year Stan Lee attended & the queues were horrendous? 

We fell foul that day, thought we'd pay on the door & were stood in the queue for well over 6 hours in the baking heat.

I think that was the last year they did "pay on the door" full day tickets as well.

1 minute ago, Starbuck73 said:

Was it not the year Stan Lee attended & the queues were horrendous? 

We fell foul that day, thought we'd pay on the door & were stood in the queue for well over 6 hours in the baking heat.

I think that was the last year they did "pay on the door" full day tickets as well.

You are correct and me too.  There were no guests I wanted and because they had Stan they sold out of Early Birds and then announced Moffat/Gatiss attending and doing a Sherlock talk so I decided to attend on the on the door tickets as it would normally be fine.  It wasn't.  I didn't even get in sight of the doors.

After that they stopped the later entry and the on the door tickets - they do still do them sometimes but it's only announced right at the end if they haven't sold out and is still only prebuy later entry.

2 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

You are correct and me too.  There were no guests I wanted and because they had Stan they sold out of Early Birds and then announced Moffat/Gatiss attending and doing a Sherlock talk so I decided to attend on the on the door tickets as it would normally be fine.  It wasn't.  I didn't even get in sight of the doors.

We got inside the building at about 4:30, went straight to my son's Stan Lee photo (which his face looked like a tomato in!)

We had 20 minutes to look around, & had to leave as they were closing. Didn't bother with Sunday, had a day around London instead.

Went to the Sherlock Holmes Museum & had lunch at Speedy's Cafe. :coolthumb:

Edited by Starbuck73

1 minute ago, Starbuck73 said:

We got inside the building at about 4:30, went straight to my son's Stan Lee photo (which his face looked like a tomato in!)

We had 20 minutes to look around, & had to leave as they were closing. Didn't bother with Sunday, had a day around London instead.

At least you got in and got it though, far from ideal as it was, at least it wasn't a total dud for you :laugh:

• Like 1