Rutger Hauer has passed away

Raylenth

Very sad news, was a privilege meeting him at LFCC 2016 - when I had a longer chat at the photoshoot than I have had with many stars at the autograph desk!  He was such an inquisitive fellow, a very nice man.

It just shows you that you never know when you might not get a chance to see people again - so if you want something this weekend, go for it!

3 minutes ago, pretenama2012 said:

Met him twice, both times at a Showmasters event. A great actor and a lovely man. Thanks for the opportunity Showmasters.

There’s a post started for this  for this in the general chat forum. The mods might want to merge this into it.

3 minutes ago, MAGIC MONKEY said:

All, it is my sad duty to inform you that Rutger Hauer has passed away.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-49098435

I was hoping he'd be around for a while longer so I could get him to sign something else for me. He was a nice guest at the last LFCC he came to. 

There are already two threads started for this. One in the correct place general chat and another in here. Please try to check before starting new threads.

• Like 1

Such sad news. Am happy to have met him, but do regret not getting the photo or getting a second autograph the next day. 

My memories of Rutger that weekend was approaching him at his table where gave me a cheeky tongue out face while taking a bite from his Mars bar. Also as I left the venue, I saw him having a smoke outside, visibly very tired from a long day. He will be missed. 

IMG_20190725_112654.jpg

• Like 1

:crying:  very sad news ....... I loved him in "LADYHAWKE" .....I remember it was the first movie I rent at a VHS-Store, many years ago ..... I was fascinated by the story and his portrait of Etienne Navarre , the unlucky Captain victim of a horrible curse ( with her beauty Lady Isabeau) was superb.  What a beautiful and romantic movie!!! I liked also his role in Blade Runner , a real masterpiece. 

R.I.P. dear Rutger.... :closedeyes: 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...