Queuing in the morning

1 minute ago, Starbuck73 said:

Found it & have packed it. Will see what they say. Arriving tomorrow but have tickets for Sat & Sun.

Would it be worth me going round tomorrow to enquire about it when I arrive? We are staying 10 mins from the venue.

Yes, go and speak to the Access people in the entry hall tomorrow if you can.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Starbuck73 said:

Thanks @Queen_Sindel will have plenty of time tomorrow afternoon. ^_^

I'm planning on getting my wristband tomorrow too, flight gets in at 3pm and we're going to the venue to pick up diamonds and wristbands. Hopefully should make things quicker on Saturday morning. Maybe I'll see you in the queue!

• Like 1

Just now, EllaBlair said:

I'm planning on getting my wristband tomorrow too, flight gets in at 3pm and we're going to the venue to pick up diamonds and wristbands. Hopefully should make things quicker on Saturday morning. Maybe I'll see you in the queue!

We get into London at 2:15pm, will probably check into hostel & head straight to the venue. Will look out for you! ^_^

My missus has osteo in her knees too, only early 40s, so I can completely sympathise here. Doesn't make it easy going up and down from the floor to places with our seven month old daughter sadly.

15 minutes ago, andyfilm_1 said:

The size of the queue may feel daunting but, once those doors open, everyone moves very quickly in. 

True.    I have been quite far in the queue some days over the years and still got jn quickly.

4 hours ago, mflowers said:

How big is the queue normally from 8am-8:30? I last came to this con in 2014?

Depends on the day. Friday starts 10am, weekend is 9am. You arrive then on Saturday and it will likely be out of the waiting area onto the street. Which is why I've got a DP for Saturday so I can turn up after the queues are already inside (that and the fact most of the autographs I'm getting are on Friday!).

4 minutes ago, Dr.1963 said:

Am I correct in assuming that the people in the extra-help queue will have a shorter entrance time?

If you mean do we have a separate queue that get in 5 minutes before everyone else then yes.

1 minute ago, Ravogd said:

If you mean do we have a separate queue that get in 5 minutes before everyone else then yes.

Thank you Ravogd, that is quite nice that they allow that, will you be in attendance in the extra help queue? :coolthumb:

We have a pretty long journey and usually arrive around 9-30-9.45, by then the lines have gone down nicely and we're in for around 10.00.   It all depends on whoever is on the doors and how many scanners they have.   Last time we came on the Friday but we're back to Sunday this year.   We've never had a problem getting autographs and have on occasion gained them all by 11.00.

Edited by OurDek
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dr.1963 said:

Thank you Ravogd, that is quite nice that they allow that, will you be in attendance in the extra help queue? :coolthumb:

I'll be there as the carer for my partner yes, on Saturday and Sunday. I'll be there tomorrow but we don't arrive until mid afternoon

Edited by Ravogd

8 minutes ago, unsubliminal said:

Judging by this mornings pics, am I right in thinking we can queue inside tomorrow morning? Does anyone know what time the holding area opens? Will definitely help having to feed my toddler whilst waiting!

Info on when the holding area opens can be found here: