Queuing in the morning

Just now, WraithWarrior said:

Not necessarily good, but I think there's a McDonalds around the corner 

We normally take croissants from tesco

Damn all this is making me hungry. I haven't had lunch yet.

• Like 1

Muesli or granola for breakfast before I leave, but as I'm only 25 minutes from Clapham Junction, it doesn't take me long to reach Olympia. Definitely always pack snack bars just in case of random hunger. And a bottle of Coke to slowly sip during queueing. Yes, this may then mean toilet after collecting all the VQs on getting in heh.

I found the worst thing last year was people arriving so early, then sitting on the floor so when the queue moved, they couldn't get up (legs fallen asleep) or took ages to move & held the queue up. If you're not prepared to stand so long, don't get there so early.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Starbuck73 said:

I found the worst thing last year was people arriving so early, then sitting on the floor so when the queue moved, they couldn't get up (legs fallen asleep) or took ages to move & held the queue up. If you're not prepared to stand so long, don't get there so early.

I'm gonna sit and you can't stop me.

• Like 1

Yeah, with respect expecting people to not sit is a bit silly really.  I'm certainly going to be sitting, why stand for hours when you can sit.  Yes it does mean that people will need to shuffle up when they ask people to move up a bit to get more people in bit that normally only happens once so isn't a huge issue.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Yeah, with respect expecting people to not sit is a bit silly really.  I'm certainly going to be sitting, why stand for hours when you can sit.  Yes it does mean that people will need to shuffle up when they ask people to move up a bit to get more people in bit that normally only happens once so isn't a huge issue.

It was more the fact that some of them refused to move when the queue moved... I found that a bit ignorant to be honest.

3 minutes ago, Starbuck73 said:

It was more the fact that some of them refused to move when the queue moved... I found that a bit ignorant to be honest.

Happened to me too, the second time I was kindly asked to go passed them because they would ”get up later”. 

2 minutes ago, Starbuck73 said:

I agree with that, that is seriously inconsiderate and if it happens again, just step around them if you can, if the staff ask people to move and they refuse to they loose their right to their place I think.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

I dare not to sit down, wont be able to get up. :lol: But this year I am bringing something with me so I can sit better and softer on the concrete floor.

I do have a foldable camping chair but I can't be ars ed to have even more to carry.

I agree with that, that is seriously inconsiderate and if it happens again, just step around them if you can, if the staff ask people to move and they refuse to they loose their right to their place I think.

I think they were playing a card game, which is fine to pass the time, but if the queue moves, YOU MOVE! :lol:

3 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

I dare not to sit down, wont be able to get up. :lol: But this year I am bringing something with me so I can sit better and softer on the concrete floor.

I was planning on buying a "sitteunderlag" (couldn't find the translation), but totally forgot :WINCE:

5 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

It's just more to carry for me. I don't bring a bag or anything, everything I bring fits in my pockets. Just a sealed bottle of water.

I do have a foldable camping chair but I can't be ars ed to have even more to carry.

Mine is a light foldable flat seat you place straight on the ground, no weight at all. Used them alot when I was ”younger” and did camp.

2 minutes ago, VikingGrrrl said:

I was planning on buying a "sitteunderlag" (couldn't find the translation), but totally forgot :WINCE:

I know what you mean..darn it!! Should have told me. I have two spare but they are at home.

Just now, Chris1970 said:

Mine is a light foldable flat seat you place straight on the ground, no weight at all. Used them alot when I was ”younger” and did camp.

Actually you've just reminded me I did buy a tiny trilegged stool but have never used it.  I think it's so small it's probably going to be more uncomfortable to try and use it but I do know where it is so if I remember I'll get it out tonight and try it.

• Like 2

Just now, Raylenth said:

Actually you've just reminded me I did buy a tiny trilegged stool but have never used it.  I think it's so small it's probably going to be more uncomfortable to try and use it but I do know where it is so if I remember I'll get it out tonight and try it.

Don't they usually come with a sling you can wear over your shoulder like a handbag? :coolthumb:

2 minutes ago, Starbuck73 said:

Don't they usually come with a sling you can wear over your shoulder like a handbag? :coolthumb:

I think the bag does have a strap of some sort but it's not extendable so is more of a handle.

27 minutes ago, Starbuck73 said:

along with being deaf I have oesteoporosis so standing for anything longer than a few hours can cause my joints to stiffen and occasionally pop out sitting down is the only option I have, sadly if I want to meet the guests and get VQ tickets I have to start queuing this early otherwise I wouldnt have a chance its the only way

• Like 2