Queuing in the morning

Showmasters, can you please make sure that security don't make us walk through all of the zig zags of barriers at the very start?

Last year, security made us walk through all of the barriers when they first let people into the venue to queue.  There aren't enough people to warrant that straight away, people were running past people that had been queueing for a long time and then there were people going under the tape.

That is true, people were queue jumping and there weren't enough staff to stop it so it makes sense to have one end of each length open and then close it when it's full and do the same with each line then no one jumps

As much as it sucks that people were jumping the queue, and hopefully this will be prevented this year, but security will do what they need to, to try and make a safe and orderly queue. If they decide that they want people going through the whole queue system, then it's likely SM can't do much about it as this falls under the security team's decision.

Edited by Wrong Name

5 minutes ago, Wrong Name said:

As much as it sucks that people were jumping the queue, and hopefully this will be prevented this year, but security will do what they need to, to try and make a safe and orderly queue. If they decide that they want people going through the whole queue system, then it's likely SM can't do much about it as this falls under the security team's decision.

Unfortunately that is exactly the reason. I can ask that it will be mentioned to security, but ultimately this falls in the security's responsibility. They will do what they consider most safe.

That process of walking through the whole zig zag seems to be sort of "security approved". They made us do the same at Paris Disney last month, and that event didn't even have 1000 tickets sold.

1 minute ago, WraithWarrior said:

After the marathon last year to the front of the queue, I posted a comment to complain and security stopped making people walk the zig zags and didn't make people do it on the Sunday so I'm hoping showmasters can stop security doing it.

I'm not sure if security will still remember that request after a year. ;) I for my part genuinely forgot about that because it's so normal. If this comes up again a reminder more than 3 days out would be great, then SM can mention it early in their talks with the venue.

1 minute ago, HeartDT said:

If anyone passed me doing that crap you can rest assured they'd find me getting rhem behind me again once i had caught up with them.   Totally selfish thing to do and rude.

I know, I saw people running past people with crutches and with pushchairs/wheelchairs.  It's not fair if people have waited for a few hours so they get in early only to find people are running passed them

For my part I went through the zig zags -annoying but fair enough- I got my VQs and then left the venue to get some breakfast, getting my hand stamped on the way out.

It was really annoying to have to go through all the same zig zags again a few hours later when the number of people entering the con was much, much less! The barriers were still up and we had to needlessly walk along them even though there was acres of space and it would have made more sense to at least simplify and reduce the zig zag route, if not remove it altogether.

If the zig zags are necessary is there any way for the returning customers -with hand stamps - to get back in without the need to queue/walk the zig zags?

5 minutes ago, Diabolik said:

For my part I went through the zig zags -annoying but fair enough- I got my VQs and then left the venue to get some breakfast, getting my hand stamped on the way out.

It was really annoying to have to go through all the same zig zags again a few hours later when the number of people entering the con was much, much less! The barriers were still up and we had to needlessly walk along them even though there was acres of space and it would have made more sense to at least simplify and reduce the zig zag route, if not remove it altogether.

If the zig zags are necessary is there any way for the returning customers -with hand stamps - to get back in without the need to queue/walk the zig zags?

The zig zags aren't there just for people who haven't gone in yet, they are for conditioning the flow of people entering the building, so having a line for some people to skip that would then make it pointless. I understand your frustration, but we must do what security deem is best.

• Like 1

I have seen it happen at every convention I've been to that utilises this system. It has happened at every single one and will no doubt happen again at LFCC 2019. Call people up for doing it if you like but I wouldn't expect security to care.

I remember exactly that from last year. Annoying when people don't have manners. We're all there for the same thing, why queue jump?! Makes me angry. A question, last 2018 was my first LFCC and for the life of me I can't remember what time I arrived at the gate but it was just in time that they let us queue in the zig zag then everyone coming behind us had to wait outside. What time should I aim to get there on the Saturday for example to be one of the first batches in?

12 hours ago, WraithWarrior said:

Showmasters, can you please make sure that security don't make us walk through all of the zig zags of barriers at the very start?

Last year, security made us walk through all of the barriers when they first let people into the venue to queue.  There aren't enough people to warrant that straight away, people were running past people that had been queueing for a long time and then there were people going under the tape.

Why not tell the offender off, or report it to security, instead of waiting a year to say something

2 minutes ago, CrazyHorses said:

Why not tell the offender off, or report it to security, instead of waiting a year to say something

It wasn't one offender there were loads of people doing it.  

Other than having to walk around it all, I didn't really get affected by it as I wasn't too far back from the front of the queue but it seems pointless to have to walk all that way when they first let people into the building at 7/8 when they could fill the first row then start filling the second, etc. as they did on the Sunday.

It's not fair on people that can't walk as fast or have pushchairs/wheelchairs, etc.

12 hours ago, Queen_Sindel said:

I'm not sure if security will still remember that request after a year. ;) I for my part genuinely forgot about that because it's so normal. If this comes up again a reminder more than 3 days out would be great, then SM can mention it early in their talks with the venue.

Will do :)  Sorry about the short notice but I only just remembered yesterday

5 minutes ago, CrazyHorses said:

Telling strangers off is not something most people are comfortable doing; security will only do something if they see it themselves / care; plenty of people did mention it last year.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, natedammit said:

Telling strangers off is not something most people are comfortable doing; security will only do something if they see it themselves / care; plenty of people did mention it last year.

The worse bit is that security saw them do it and yelled at them to stop but didn't do anything else about it.  Some people still did it afterwards