Temperature/Air Con

I know I live in the wrong country considering the climate. Could have been different but we all make wrong choices from time to time. :angry: But I have learnt how to handle hot climate (environment)  and it is actually easier than cold. Last year I wasnt sure how I would handle it but in the end it was nothing, just a bit warmer than usual in the signing area on the Friday otherwise it was ok.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who hates the heat! Humidity is the worst though. I'm glad to hear that it might be at least a little cooler out over the weekend with some refreshing rain, but like you say, Olympia acts like a greenhouse so the heat from Thursday will most likely be kept in for a bit. But, I got my handheld fan from last year. Going to drink plenty of water. And eat lots of celery. :lol:

13 minutes ago, Liv said:

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who hates the heat! Humidity is the worst though. I'm glad to hear that it might be at least a little cooler out over the weekend with some refreshing rain, but like you say, Olympia acts like a greenhouse so the heat from Thursday will most likely be kept in for a bit. But, I got my handheld fan from last year. Going to drink plenty of water. And eat lots of celery. :lol:

Watermelon: it contains almost 92 % water, it fulfilling your body’s water requirement. Also, they are loaded with anti-oxidants properties, gives you a cooling effect.

56 minutes ago, HeartDT said:

I hope it doesnt rain.   I don't spend 20 mins straightening my hair for the rain to undo all that work   :(    lol

True, I'm not spending £40 at the hairdressers for the rain to undo my straightened locks. :lol:

Watermelon, yes another great cool food. :coolthumb: Celery has more water though at 95% :P

Edited by Liv
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Liv said:

True, I'm not spending £40 at the hairdressers for the rain to undo my straightened locks. :lol:

Watermelon, yes another great cool food. :coolthumb: Celery has more water though at 95% :P

Ewwww dislike celery so much.     Watermelon yummmmm.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HeartDT said:

Ewwww dislike celery so much.     Watermelon yummmmm.

Watermelon actually have 96% (asked my friendly farmer) and handle heat better. But the amount of water a fruit or veggie contains does not reflect if it is the best in hot weather/climate. It is a combination of different chemicals. Cucumber and pineapple are good too, and grapes and coconut milk.

Ahh, the constant heat problem! I'm sure showmasters are doing everything they can, but with the old building and the thousands of people there's a limit to how much the AC can do. I'm glad the weather seems to be cooling down. I was thinking if heat waves during LFCC become a trend, I will have to come cosplaying as Red Sonja next time. Let the heat beat that chainmail bikini!

7 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

Watermelon actually have 96% (asked my friendly farmer) and handle heat better. But the amount of water a fruit or veggie contains does not reflect if it is the best in hot weather/climate. It is a combination of different chemicals. Cucumber and pineapple are good too, and grapes and coconut milk.

And Jelly Babies.

39 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

This very nearly made sense to me.

58 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

Oh ok. Well, I'll definitely have watermelon for breakfast. That is, I hope the hotel continental breakfast will have it. Going to buy all of that and keep it in my mini fridge in the hotel room. :P

2 minutes ago, Liv said:

Oh ok. Well, I'll definitely have watermelon for breakfast. That is, I hope the hotel continental breakfast will have it. Going to buy all of that and keep it in my mini fridge in the hotel room. :P

Breakfast at hotel?! When you can do all of that while queuing :o :lol:

59 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

Breakfast at hotel?! When you can do all of that while queuing :o :lol:

:thumbup: